TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake Test Runs

Your welcome.

If yall need Ken his screen name in KBTECH.

Just in case yall have questions on the KB. Again seems like a GREAT guy

michael morris

Thanks Michael

I new you could get the answers we need but, how does mine go 163mph if its limited to 155? I will be calling them for some better tunes and a tuner so I can change the limits.

Thanks Again

PS dyno the car 637rwhp at 155 deg. 613rwhp at 180 deg

John Strauss

I knew you were going to ask about the 163mph! I should have asked him.

On the DYNO number. If I do the math right (which I doubt) thats like 760 crank HP at 155 deg? Im I right here?

michael morris

On the DYNO number. If I do the math right (which I doubt) thats like 760 crank HP at 155 deg? I'm I right here?

michael morris

I guess your pretty close, anyway you slice it it's STUPID POWER. I know the car will do 10s in the 1/4 but thats not what I want to do. I really feel its my Duty to show the car as much as I can just to let everyone see a Super Snake. But cleaning changing tires is really wearing on me. I'm taking it today to a large monthly show we have here. I have pretty much decided to only take it to the large real car shows. I was invited to show it at a Chile cook off you won't believe how the kids acted. I had snow cone juice on the car from front to back add the dust and its another day of cleaning. Sorry about the bitch but I'm really kind of new to all car show stuff but I'm learning as I go. I will be happy when more of these hit the road and car shows. Once I start tracking the car I don't think I'll be doing to many car shows. What do you think about all this?? Any Advise?? Thanks again for the KB info.

John Strauss

On the DYNO number. If I do the math right (which I doubt) thats like 760 crank HP at 155 deg? I'm I right here?

michael morris

I guess your pretty close, anyway you slice it it's STUPID POWER. I know the car will do 10s in the 1/4 but thats not what I want to do. I really feel its my Duty to show the car as much as I can just to let everyone see a Super Snake. But cleaning changing tires is really wearing on me. I'm taking it today to a large monthly show we have here. I have pretty much decided to only take it to the large real car shows. I was invited to show it at a Chile cook off you won't believe how the kids acted. I had snow cone juice on the car from front to back add the dust and its another day of cleaning. Sorry about the bitch but I'm really kind of new to all car show stuff but I'm learning as I go. I will be happy when more of these hit the road and car shows. Once I start tracking the car I don't think I'll be doing to many car shows. What do you think about all this?? Any Advise?? Thanks again for the KB info.

John Strauss

I think I might have already posted my HORROR story from the car show, but Ill do it again since you told yours. I have a 5K miles Boss9. The folks at the local Mustang club asked me to bring it to thier annual show. It is in conjuction with a BIG festival. I agreed because I thought it would be fun and I had NEVER taken a car to a CAR SHOW. I get there early so I can take the car off the trailor and get a good parking place. Please understand that this car is ALMOST NEW and almost 40 years old! After about 2 hours I realize that I have parked right where folks walk betweent he car show and the exhibits. So all day long folks that know NOTHING about car are walking within inchs of the car. Of course they all have food and drink. Most of them run thier GREASY hands down the car as they walk by. They kind of use the car as a HAND RAIL. The car was ALMOST 100% correct. I tell you this so that I can tell you I FUSSED with folks ALL DAY about Ford didnt build a car with a HEMI. This part aint right because of this. Stuff like that all day. Most folks were VERY nice and REALLY liked the car, but the others drove me CRAZY! That was the LAST car show that I ever took the car to. I said I would never go to another, but Im going to Atlanta in June for a show with the SS. Im alittle older now and I hope the folks know more about car than the festival folks did. You know what I mean, DONT TOUCH, DONT OPEN THE DOORS AND GET INSIDE. Things like that. I have ALOT of respect for other folks cars and I guess I think other folks should respect my car.

It took me hours to get the car cleaned up from finger prints and JUNK that got on it. I think Im way to annal to go to car show :banghead:

Wow didnt mean to go on such along rant, but though you might enjoy the story.

You are the second SS dynod. The first DIDNT get anywhere near your numbers, but the day before it had rained and the car would just SMOKE the tires on the Dyno. Your numbers are closer to how my car feels. Just CRAZY power.

michael morris

Thanks Michael for the story it helps me see I'm not the only one who has gone through this. Do you still have the car? Any ideas as to why the other SS didn't make peak #s. I do have the Steeda intercooler on the car and over the stock cooler you wouldn't believe the difference. I would lose about 60rwhp when it got to temp. Send me a PM if there is something going on in you neck of the woods, if its something worth coming up for. I would like to meet you and race your SS, for the title of the fastest in south Super Snake (road course only) LOL.

John Strauss

Thanks Michael for the story it helps me see I'm not the only one who has gone through this. Do you still have the car? Any ideas as to why the other SS didn't make peak #s. I do have the Steeda intercooler on the car and over the stock cooler you wouldn't believe the difference. I would lose about 60rwhp when it got to temp. Send me a PM if there is something going on in you neck of the woods, if its something worth coming up for. I would like to meet you and race your SS, for the title of the fastest in south Super Snake (road course only) LOL.

John Strauss

www.jimtidwellshow.com

This is where Im going in June. Big Ford dealer my dad worked out for along time. Have some family up there so Im making a weekend of it.

No reason to race my friend. EVERYONE knows RED IS FASTER!! :hysterical3::hysterical::hysterical:

If its not to far for you to come up would love to see you there. Some guys on TS are putting together.

He didnt get the numbers for a couple of reasons. It had rained the night before and some that morning. He was the first on the dyno. When he would try to get up to speed the car would just smoke the tires. BAD SMOKE THEM. The dyno was still alittle wet and I was told it was still VERY damp outside. Main reason. NO TRACTION.

His name on here is BOSSREG if you want to shot him a PM and ask him more about it. VERY nice guy.

michael morris

www.jimtidwellshow.com

This is where Im going in June. Big Ford dealer my dad worked out for along time. Have some family up there so Im making a weekend of it.

No reason to race my friend. EVERYONE knows RED IS FASTER!! :hysterical3::hysterical::hysterical:

If its not to far for you to come up would love to see you there. Some guys on TS are putting together.

He didnt get the numbers for a couple of reasons. It had rained the night before and some that morning. He was the first on the dyno. When he would try to get up to speed the car would just smoke the tires. BAD SMOKE THEM. The dyno was still alittle wet and I was told it was still VERY damp outside. Main reason. NO TRACTION.

His name on here is BOSSREG if you want to shot him a PM and ask him more about it. VERY nice guy.

michael morris

Thanks MM,

Yeah I'm a total rookie at the dyno thing so that probably didn't help...was one of the first up on the dyno..there were only a few before me..a ford racing car did a run in the mid-high 700's and he had way bigger tires than my wagon wheel 275's :hysterical: tire smoke did come into the cabin on the runs so assume that they had to be slipping a little...hit the rev limiter on the last run at 134mph and 602hp...didn't have the hood up so maybe was starving the poor thing...here's what I sent to KB and their response...going to do it again after I get the unltra shield installed on the front...that hood is going to be tough to cover...may wait till the MM special wheels he's having made for us come in...I want the second set :slapfight: ....Reg

----- Original Message -----

To: kennebell@kennebell.net

Sent: 4/20/2008 11:02:55 PM

Subject: SuperSnake

Ken just received my SS last week and had it at Shelbyfest in Herman MO this past weekend...they had a portable dyno and made a few runs on it...the results were less than I was expecting. Don't get me wrong...love the car and the performance perhaps we were doing something wrong...had the hood closed so no air was going in the ram air intake..do you think that might be part of the problem......do you have a shop here in St. Louis that I can take it to to check it out....it dyno at 601 a far cry from 725...the 275 tires shelby put on this car were just burning rubber do I need to get wider tires to get a better reading....one last thing there's a tamper cover over the computer port to prevent tampering with the tune but I got a recall on the reflash of the passenger airbag and it uses this connection. Will that affect the tune any? What is your fax # I'll fax you the sheet for your review...thanks for your time...

Reg Stockwell

314-378-5408

To: eagle410@earthlink.net

Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 9:34 AM

Subject: SUPERSNAKE

Hi Reg.

Yes, with the hood closed without the car moving, the intake air temperature can be elevated quite high with will retard the spark and cause low hp readings. I doubt it was the tires, but that could also cause issues. Was it a DynoJet? You must also look at the correction factor that was applied to the run. If it was below 1.00, then the hp will come up short. If you can, get me the actual dyno computer run file and send it to me. I will look it over and get back to you.

PS: The car should dyno around 650 to the wheels. Using a .90 loss through the drivetrain, that equates to 725 engine hp, which is what all the Super Snakes are rated at; engine hp.

Regarding the air bag: You MUST make SURE whoever the Tech is programming the air bag does NOT reflash the PCM, or you will be stuck going nowhere! That is why we put the guard on the connector, to try to keep the Techs from doing something dumb.

Regards,

Ken

post-2458-1209858586.jpg

post-2458-1209858586.jpg

why do we have to pay again to get the top speed limiter off ? If we sign the waiver, will we get the tuner for free since we bought the package ?

I really think this is just like adding another option to the Package you already have. So I can uderstand the charge, as it was not part of the package to start with. I really think you should go run the car 1st see what it will do then decide if you need to retune. I've been 163 with mine and thats really fast enough. So I'm not sure just what the limits really are, I'll let you know when I get the chance to try 6 gear.

John Strauss

John, Michael:

With regards to your car show horror stories, may I recommend that you guys (okay, Micheal, Y'ALL :hysterical: ) purchase some stantions with the nylon straps and place them around the car with at least a 3 foot space barrier between the straps and any part of the car?

Because unless you plan to stay with your cars through the entire duration of the show, that's probably the easist way to keep kids with sticky hands away from your cars, because nowdays, there are some parents who don't do a thing to police their kids at these events, and it seems like it getting worse.

John, Michael:

With regards to your car show horror stories, may I recommend that you guys (okay, Micheal, Y'ALL :hysterical: ) purchase some stantions with the nylon straps and place them around the car with at least a 3 foot space barrier between the straps and any part of the car?

Because unless you plan to stay with your cars through the entire duration of the show, that's probably the easist way to keep kids with sticky hands away from your cars, because nowdays, there are some parents who don't do a thing to police their kids at these events, and it seems like it getting worse.

I was thinking a cattle prod! :hysterical: When they touch the car I bump them with cattle prod. Does 2 things. They dont touch the car anymore and they learn respect :hysterical::hysterical3:

Of course I couldnt do that. Some upset parent would KNOCK me out.

michael morris

John, Michael:

You guys make me chuckle!

Just be glad it wasn't winter and there weren't jumping up and down trying to look into the windows of your car, all the while scratching the hell out of your paint with the zippers on their coats! :censored:

I took a friend from America to the Goodwood Festival of Speed in '07 - have any of you heard about it? Awesome event!!!

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/fos/

...he kept saying to me, "all these sweet cars, none are fenced off and everyone is respecting them!"

Most of the cars - even super super super cars and rare stuff - are totally open to the public, you can walk right up to them AND everyone respects them and I've never seen someone do anything that would make you cringe. As I said, my American buddy was amazed and said, 'if that was the US, they'd have those cars roped off or the owner would be standing beside it with a shotgun!' :P

Anyway, if any of you get the chance you should really check out the FOS once year!

I was thinking a cattle prod! :hysterical: When they touch the car I bump them with cattle prod. Does 2 things. They dont touch the car anymore and they learn respect :hysterical::hysterical3:

Of course I couldnt do that. Some upset parent would KNOCK me out.

michael morris

I've taught my daughter and the other children in my extended family a simple phrase... and it is all they need!

"Respect the man's car, the man respects you"

(only one asked what happens if you don't respect the man's car... we haven't heard from him since he went to work down the coal mine... ;) ...)

John, Michael:

Thanks I never gave it that much thought before but thats a great idea. I did a monthly car show yesterday and couldn't believe the difference in the people there and the respect they and there kids had for the cars. If I ever get invited to a event other then a car show there is no doubt I'll be taking your advice and roping the car off. Thanks

You guys make me chuckle!

Just be glad it wasn't winter and there weren't jumping up and down trying to look into the windows of your car, all the while scratching the hell out of your paint with the zippers on their coats! :censored:

I took a friend from America to the Goodwood Festival of Speed in '07 - have any of you heard about it? Awesome event!!!

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/fos/

...he kept saying to me, "all these sweet cars, none are fenced off and everyone is respecting them!"

Most of the cars - even super super super cars and rare stuff - are totally open to the public, you can walk right up to them AND everyone respects them and I've never seen someone do anything that would make you cringe. As I said, my American buddy was amazed and said, 'if that was the US, they'd have those cars roped off or the owner would be standing beside it with a shotgun!' :P

Anyway, if any of you get the chance you should really check out the FOS once year!

I guess it really is funny to be so tight over people just being who they are. Most don't have a clue that getting in the car leaning on it or playing with the stuff under the hood is Bad edict for a car show. I think they see it like a used car lot where you can just jump in and check thing out. I guess a little education is needed for some.

• 5 months later...
I asked this "mph limit" question on the SVTPerf.com GT500 forum. They all say it is limited from the factory to 155mph. I would guess there could possibly be a mph variance between the 20's and the original tires and wheels? This could also explain why your GPS is showing 163mph and the computer/VSS may be seeing 155mph. They also seem to be saying that it is the fuel that is cut-off, and not the spark that is limited, once the "limit" is met.

You are right about the Ford Factory 155 limit, but the new tune that Shelby uses is from Kenndy Bell And I would think a call to them would give us a better answer as to what the Super Snake 725HP is set at. I also like the look of the stock wheels and with 285s all around it just looks Mean.

My dad told me that after 100 miles, the 155 MPH speed limiter shuts itself off. That's what he told me.

I asked this "mph limit" question on the SVTPerf.com GT500 forum. They all say it is limited from the factory to 155mph. I would guess there could possibly be a mph variance between the 20's and the original tires and wheels? This could also explain why your GPS is showing 163mph and the computer/VSS may be seeing 155mph. They also seem to be saying that it is the fuel that is cut-off, and not the spark that is limited, once the "limit" is met.

You are right about the Ford Factory 155 limit, but the new tune that Shelby uses is from Kenndy Bell And I would think a call to them would give us a better answer as to what the Super Snake 725HP is set at. I also like the look of the stock wheels and with 285s all around it just looks Mean.

My dad told me that after 100 miles, the onboard computer for the 155 MPH speed limiter shuts itself off. That's what I was told.

Archived