TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Airport Ford

emailcm

Airport Ford has a black convertable GT500 advertised on their big board along the 405 Freeway. So I peal off the freeway and go take a look. Haven't seen one yet in person even though I own one (it's in Georgia). Here are my comments:

Price: They wanted $86,995 for it. I offered $48,000 and was shown the door. The saleguy was a nice guy, but obviously just became a US citizen. His justification for $35,000 ADM was, and I quote "The best of the best". He said that about 20 times.

The Car: Was freakin' awesome. Better than I thought. Someone posted that the pictures don't do it justice and they where right. It's so much better in person. Big fat tires, huge engine, sweet trim, I loved it. I also liked the interior more than I thought I would have. I was expecting just a bunch of plastic. While it has plastic parts, the leather job they did looks much better than on a GT. Plus the seats where super comfy.

Guest evilchris

The Car: Was freakin' awesome. Better than I thought. Someone posted that the pictures don't do it justice and they where right. It's so much better in person. Big fat tires, huge engine, sweet trim, I loved it. I also liked the interior more than I thought I would have. I was expecting just a bunch of plastic. While it has plastic parts, the leather job they did looks much better than on a GT. Plus the seats where super comfy.

The same leather dash, console, and armrests can be had on GT's. It is exactly the same as the GT500 pieces and of the same quality. The only additional leather a GT500 has is the leather on the parking brake handle, and the top two spokes of the steering wheel.

Guest evilchris

I haven't been in very many GT's...the only one I drove I guess didn't have the leather upgrade on the plastic pieces.

It's hard to find, it's only on 2007's with the "premier trim package".

The same leather dash, console, and armrests can be had on GT's. It is exactly the same as the GT500 pieces and of the same quality. The only additional leather a GT500 has is the leather on the parking brake handle, and the top two spokes of the steering wheel.

Damn I hate it when he's right.... but he's dead on with this one!

The fact that it's a MUSTANG is worth something though.

All I want is a Mustang, and nothing but a Mustang.

Porsche's, Corvette's and the like ain't me. They don't fit my self-image or my personality. Those kind of cars seem "gay" to me.

I couldn't pay THAT much over though, and wouldn't if I could.

I would buy a Ford GT if I could afford it.

$87k buys a very quick and very nicely appointed Porsche 911.

Quick? Yes. Nicely appointed? No. It will buy you a Carrera S with Tip and that's it. Is a Mustang worth 85k to anyone? Not likely. But, you're comparing apples to oranges. I thought those that bitched about the GT500 and were ready to bail to a Z06 were making a stretch (again, not in the same genre) but a tempermental German piece is in another solar system (which is now actually a little more compact now that that ditched that troublemaker Pluto).

:shift:

bj

The fact that it's a MUSTANG is worth something though.

All I want is a Mustang, and nothing but a Mustang.

Porsche's, Corvette's and the like ain't me. They don't fit my self-image or my personality. Those kind of cars seem "gay" to me.

I couldn't pay THAT much over though, and wouldn't if I could.

I would buy a Ford GT if I could afford it.

The new ones come with "Member's Only" jackets, Carerra aviator sunglasses in yellow tint and Halston cologne.

:shift:

bj

Archived