TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SAI Headquarters location

ilmor

Can someone who has been to SAI look at the map view on the following link and tell me which building is SAI's? I was just curious! Overall, what an awesome location with the track right next door!

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&...0&encType=1

Can someone who has been to SAI look at the map view on the following link and tell me which building is SAI's? I was just curious! Overall, what an awesome location with the track right next door!

The south building at the corner of N Hollywood blvd and Speedway Blvd. A little North west from where the map places SAI plant. Just across the street (North) is a large parking lot of grabber mustangs waiting to be converted to Shelbys. You can see them it you zoom out and do a aerial shot. You know you have the right building when you can see the "Shelby" name on the outside of the building. The front of the building faces the track.

The south building at the corner of N Hollywood blvd and Speedway Blvd. A little North west from where the map places SAI plant. Just across the street (North) is a large parking lot of grabber mustangs waiting to be converted to Shelbys. You can see them it you zoom out and do a aerial shot. You know you have the right building when you can see the "Shelby" name on the outside of the building. The front of the building faces the track.

Yes, as you come off the freeway at the Speedway exit head towards the track and take your first right after Hollywood. You won't see the sign until you are past it (and then in your rear view mirror). I went too far and had to turn around.

Whatever, don't follow the Mapquest from the southern end of Las Vegas. It takes you off before the Air Force Base and to the back of the track. The slight detour was kind of cool because they AF jet boys were practicing touch-n-goes. I almost missed the tour because of the jets.

Also, I've never used this mapping program before, but somehow (I can't get it to do it again) I was able to get a north-west looking view of the building and you could zoom in and see the Shelby sign on the front of the building. Pretty cool. I'm guessing these are aerial photos not satellite.

Well actually several of those buildings are SAI. The first building that several posters have pointed out is the museum/giftshop/Cobra shop. The next two buildings that are attached to the first are the production/assembly line buildings.

Further south is the Goodyear Tire building.

The building that is east of the tire shop is the SAI offices.

Also if you look east of the Shelby Museum building you can see the front of the recently opened Shelby Cafe. Look for the silver-blue awning over the entrance.

There are several more buildings but they have to remain top secret ;)

Steve

its only 5 minutes from the strip......

if your in a SHELBY!

OTHERWISE................

more like 20 minutes drive!

Archived