TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Log of Shelby GT500 prices paid? Good idea?

john351

Awhile back I used to go to a site that was something like "Ford GT prices.com".

This site was extremely helpful to Ford GT purchasers for several reasons, but the primary one was to show the trend in pricing both over the long haul and at a point in time.

When I first found the site the GT's were selling at about 235K, and when the site was finally deemed to outlive its usefulness, they were selling @ MSRP (apx 166K) or about 5K back of that. Kinda where they are now I believe.

So, if one had to run down to his/her nearest dealer this December and buy that last minute X-mas gift, one could look and see what the current going rate was at a quick glance.

They had great info on the site, including, I believe serial #'s, so no dealer lies!

Anybody think that this would be a good idea for this forum?

Anybody know how to make it happen?

Anybody willing to make it happen, or at least to start posting your sales price and date?

Thoughts?

Me?: Pantera owner waiting to purchase either a GT500, or a Shelby GT (either @MSRP) for my daily driver (thanks to Lucas (prince of darkness)) and my insurance co., the Pantera isn't a viable daily driver, so I need something fun! :bandance:

Awhile back I used to go to a site that was something like "Ford GT prices.com".

This site was extremely helpful to Ford GT purchasers for several reasons, but the primary one was to show the trend in pricing both over the long haul and at a point in time.

When I first found the site the GT's were selling at about 235K, and when the site was finally deemed to outlive its usefulness, they were selling @ MSRP (apx 166K) or about 5K back of that. Kinda where they are now I believe.

So, if one had to run down to his/her nearest dealer this December and buy that last minute X-mas gift, one could look and see what the current going rate was at a quick glance.

They had great info on the site, including, I believe serial #'s, so no dealer lies!

Anybody think that this would be a good idea for this forum?

Anybody know how to make it happen?

Anybody willing to make it happen, or at least to start posting your sales price and date?

Thoughts?

Me?: Pantera owner waiting to purchase either a GT500, or a Shelby GT (either @MSRP) for my daily driver (thanks to Lucas (prince of darkness)) and my insurance co., the Pantera isn't a viable daily driver, so I need something fun! :bandance:

I think it's a great idea...information is power. Right now, pricing information is spread over various threads and on orf's ebay summary.

$43,756+$97.00 in various fees for a total of $43,862 on 8/19/06

How fast would you have posted this if you had paid $53,862 on 8/19/06? How about $63,862?

Jolly Roger has it figured out. No one brags about being taken to the cleaners by a dealership!

How fast would you have posted this if you had paid $53,862 on 8/19/06? How about $63,862?

Jolly Roger has it figured out. No one brags about being taken to the cleaners by a dealership!

I was hoping that this thread wouldn't be necessarily about the "commentary, bitching, or bragging" of the purchase price (many other places for that discussion and it is a worthy one), but rather just data. If we keep it that way, people hopefully won't care about the price paid. I know I don't really care about what any individual has paid, but definitely want to see the trend(s) at any given time. Finding and knowing the current market so to speak.

Wouldn't you all want to be able to refer to the 5 most recent (for example) Shelbys delivered when dealing with your purchase?

I would. It seemed to work very well for the GT purchasers on the GT site.

THANK YOU FASTBACKMAN FOR POSTING AND GETTING US STARTED!!!

DON'T CARE IF THE NEXT PERSON PAID 20 OVER, 5 OVER, MSRP, OR 30 OVER, BUT WE'LL START TO SEE WHERE THINGS FALL PRETTY SOON! I know it seems like currently the market is about 10-15 over (?)

I understand that your intentions are noble, but your results will be biased toward folks that get the better deal. There is already a similar thread on the site. I believe your numbers (10-15k over) are fairly accurate. Do a search for the other thread and compare the poll results with what you know to be true.

$5k over. Now you have two.

Good luck to you.

Fastbackmas

$43,756+$97.00 in various fees for a total of $43,862 on 8/19/06

Does that include taxes?

No it doesn't. I live in Oklahoma and will be tagging through the Cherokee Nation. There tax rate is only 1.5% of the selling price and tag fee is $75. That should make tag and taxes run about $732 for a total of $44614. I agree though; this thread will be greatly favoring people who got deals. Too many people don't want to post about paying 10-20k ADM.

Tax and tags, while obviously financial burdens to the buyer, are irrelevent to pricing data.

I'm paying $3,000 over and very much looking forward to taking delivery in mid-September. For the record, I wouldn't be willing to pay an ADM over $5,000, but that too is completely irrelevent.

Absent bad faith and deceitful practices, a dealer is free to ask any price he or she desires for a car. It's called a free market economy. If you don't like it don't buy it. The incessant whining on this site over dealer pricing is :censored: ridiculous.

By the way, I stopped in to my dealer earlier this week and found a new GT (as in GT40) in the showroom. It sold with a $30,000 ADM.

53,000.00 drive out. That includes everything.

Thanks for posting oldimp, snakehead, burnedgt500, and of course fastbackman for starting us off,

et al! :rockon:

See it's starting to work!

Guess we should make sure to indicate whether a coupe or a convertible.

"Just the facts madme" - Jack Webb

great thread i can really use this as i am going to start my search this week for one, but can you guys also state if you were a powerlease owner

Fearsno1 - Thanks for the comments - this is exactly how it's supposed to work, especially when we get more data and time goes by!

Best of luck on your shopping - don't forget 72 month 0% financing!

(the dealers that e-mailed me mentioned which cars were excluded and the GT500 wasn't one of them!)

Posters: don't forget the coupe vs vert info!

"Best of luck on your shopping - don't forget 72 month 0% financing!

(the dealers that e-mailed me mentioned which cars were excluded and the GT500 wasn't one of them"

The GT500 is a 2007. The special financing is for the 2006 Mustang.

10-4!

I knew that - tongue in cheek - there would be no way a dealer would give 0% on a high demand car!

Archived