TEAM SHELBY FORUM

? for JeffIsHereToo

I was just notified that my New hood scoop and hood stripes have arrived from SAI. The dealership told me the NEW Stripes for the hood are Thicker and require 3 days to cure before they can attach the hood scoop. Did you get these New Thicker hood stripes during your last scoop install? This is the first I have heard of them. :unsure:

Thanx,

Will

JeffIsHere is not here. :hysterical:

I have to say this.....Is all you do ALL day long is text on the Web? You seem like a nice person but if this is true, you really need to get a life.

On topic: I have not heard of any "new" thicker striping from SAI. I would make sure this dealer is not just giving you his "normal" suppliers stripe kit and you really need to check with SAI before letting them continue.

Swede

What was happening was when the folks put on the stripes then the Hood scoop the stripes were wrinkling on the corners where the scoop was rivited. You can see this on some 08s. I think the stripes had not "set" and were still soft. Then new instructions tell you to put the stripes on and leave the car in the sun for 3 days OR a drying booth for 24 hours, before you mount the scoop. I think this lets the stripes harden so that when they put the scoop on and rivit it the stripes dont wrinkle.

I hope this helps

michael morris

I was just notified that my New hood scoop and hood stripes have arrived from SAI. The dealership told me the NEW Stripes for the hood are Thicker and require 3 days to cure before they can attach the hood scoop. Did you get these New Thicker hood stripes during your last scoop install? This is the first I have heard of them. :unsure:

Thanx,

Will

Hi Will!

This wasn't mentioned to me when the new stripes came in. I did have to wait for the car so perhaps that was one of the things they had to deal with. So far no stripe or other issues on my car for what it's worth.

Good luck!

THanx for the info guys. If they need to leave the car in the sun for three days, I'm in trouble. I just woke up to two inches of SNOW :banghead: LOL

My stripes were re-done (and the hood scoop replaced) just last week. The folks at Shelby told me to expect the three day curing time and to make certain that the dealer followed the game plan.

Which they did. I brought it in on a Monday morning and drove it home the following Friday afternoon.

I don't notice any greater "thickness" to the replacement stripes. In fact, while examining the new stripes I was surprised to find that you can see through the tape where the dimples in the front fascia are for the undrilled plate screws! I hadn't noticed that before...

SAI had told me that the new stripes would have a slightly higher gloss level than the originals, but to my eye, I can't see a difference. They look great.

It was a long haul, but the final results have been worth the wait.

Archived