TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SCT X3 Tuner

JeffJ

A buddy of mine in the Mustang Club took me for a ride in his automatic 2007 Mustang GT the other day when I helped him install a one piece aluminum drive shaft. His car shifted amazingly and ran just incredibly for an otherwise stock GT. He told me about his SCT tuner. I went for it and got it through the same place that he did as he was very happy with the service. I got it through Bama Chips. Wow, this thing runs way better now. I know the SCT tuner has been discussed before, but this is something that I was truley amazed by the results with. Throttle response, shifting, is all quite amazing compared to stock. My car wouldn't start first when I loaded a couple of the tunes, but as it turns out, our stock computers were upgraded before the Shelby tune was put in. But one quick phone call to Douglas at Bama Chip and he sent me three fresh files via e-mail. Quick download and everything sprung to life. What is nice about this tuner is that it does first download your stock Shelby Tune, so if any issues, you can load the stock tune right back in. I had to do this the first time when my car wouldn't start with the other tunes. Now Douglas knows that the computers were updated on the Hertz cars to a different setting before the Shelby tune was installed, so others should not run into this issue if they order one through him. Wow, what service. Anyhow, this is just my experience, and I'm very happy with the results.

Hey Jeff,

What is the biggest improvement you see so far with the Bama Chip? I am pretty happy with the Shelby Tune but, if we can get better....why not? Especially sense the stock is saved for reload later if needed.

Randy

After driving it a bit today, I have to say that the throttle response and the shifts are a huge improvement. It launches way harder and the shifts are firm and instant. Way more fun to drive. :burnout:

Under the Mustang Tuners, it is the X-calibrator 3 05-up Mustang GT. See if this link works:

X-3 Tuner

You can get this same tuner through multiple places, what I like about Bama is that he loads the tuner with custom tunes he designed on his own car and others. Also, if you make any changes to your car, he will update the tune for you at any time, gear changes or whatever. Again, I get nothing from this, just sharing my experience.

Under the Mustang Tuners, it is the X-calibrator 3 05-up Mustang GT. See if this link works:

X-3 Tuner

You can get this same tuner through multiple places, what I like about Bama is that he loads the tuner with custom tunes he designed on his own car and others. Also, if you make any changes to your car, he will update the tune for you at any time, gear changes or whatever. Again, I get nothing from this, just sharing my experience.

i bought mine from brenn speed same tunner .then i upgraded a another tune from them for a nitrous set up ,and they download it all from the computer to the devise the car runs 3 tenth faster in the 1/4 mile ,with just the tune i have not ran her with the nitrous yet but i hope to at the next ford event

Archived