TEAM SHELBY FORUM

An All Electric Mustang

winkyinc

Found this interesting article today. I wonder how many D-cells it takes?

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/coupes/...d-shelby-cobra/

At least it still "looks" gorgeous! And I guess there's no way around it, but, I'm going to forever miss the rumbling sound of a Mustang V8.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey I just got my Grandson a electiric Mustang :happy feet: he loves it. Looks like his papas mustang. It runs on one 12 volt battery. Have not got a time for the battery use yet. Check it out.

canonmustang10.jpg

canonmustang6.jpg

Of course he has to show off his engine to the girls that was drawn to it.

canonmustang9.jpg

canonmustang8.jpg

Found this interesting article today. I wonder how many D-cells it takes?

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/coupes/...d-shelby-cobra/

I would miss the V8 sounds too, but it must be an interesting "rush" to accelerate that quickly with only an electric motor whine, air and tire noise! 1000 lb-ft of torque is nothing to sneeze at either!

Interesting article.

Cool pics of your boy & car! Where did you buy it? :happy feet:

Hey thanks Ruf. We got the powerwheel mustang from Wal-Mart. It Is red when you pull it out of the box. We took it all apart scuffed up every thing that was going to be painted grabber Orange. After we painted the main color then we let it sit for a few days then layed on the stripes. Made the splitters out of some extra balsa wood that I had from the F4U Corsair that I built. Whats left doing a Lic plate & hood scoop & side stripes. Canon loves it.

power2.jpg

power1.jpg

this stuff works great for prepairing plastic for paint

scuffclean7.jpg

body scuffed

scuffclean1.jpg

car painted and all parts painted grabberorange

powerwheelgrabberorange1.jpg

inside body putting it back togeather

powerwheelgrabberorange5.jpg

inside car

powerwheelprojet5.jpg

car done sitting next to Papas mustang

powercomplete5.jpg

powercomplete4.jpg

Canon just turned 4 april 17th. He loves his mini Me Mustang. there are still a few things left but it sure looks good. He gets ALOT of thumbs up and even the adults love it.

canonmustang7.jpg

Hey I just got my Grandson a electiric Mustang :happy feet: he loves it. Looks like his papas mustang. It runs on one 12 volt battery. Have not got a time for the battery use yet. Check it out.

canonmustang10.jpg

canonmustang6.jpg

Of course he has to show off his engine to the girls that was drawn to it.

canonmustang9.jpg

canonmustang8.jpg

Wow, I wish they had those things when I was a kid! The closest I had was a push-pedal fire engine.

- Josh

Hey - does that Shaker Stereo work? :happy feet:

RUF

Yes It does :happy feet: It plays two songs( No Singing). It has a horn,2-3 mustang engine sounds,One is a real nice mustang burn out.Has lights in the dash when the engine is running.There R some that R blue that already has the dual white rally stripes on the car already.The only ones that I have seen around here Is Red.My Son-Inlaw who is a computer kinda guy is going to get a Ipod and get some other music on there like Mustang Sally and install it in the player or take the player out and install the Ipod.

Archived