TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Help Pup pick out a vanity plate

pitpup

Hey Stan, I'm glad you got your first choice, but why didn't you spell out W-I-L-D-T-A-N-G? If you guys can use 8 letters (like your "SQUEEZME" choice), why did you omit the "I"? Or is there a space between WLD and TANG? I'm curious.

My bad. We only have 7 characters in NJ. I listed SQEEZEME above by mistake. I had put in for SQEEZME. No 'U' and no 'E' at the end. Just the 7 letters. With 8, naturally I would have bopped in the 'I'...

Oh...

Here in California, they allow you seven characters and a space, so technically, you could have WLD TANG. Irregardless, I'm sure everyone will know what you mean!

I'm still pouring through options for mine. I was thinking about using Spanish words to say something, because it would be different. I thought of NARANJA (which means ORANGE), but someone already beat me to it. I also considered EL POTRO, which means "THE PONY" but it just made me think of NACHO LIBRE!

From the first page of this thread posted by Me:

WILDTANG - you make my heart sing.

You're welcome! :finger:

Hey RUF... I'm not sure if I should be happy or scared. When I listed all my choices in Post #1, they were alphabetical. Before I'd made that post, my choices in order were... WLDTANG, SQEEZME, PB4UGO, and GRABBER.

So like it or not, we think alike. HooBoy!

I'd be very - very concerned. :cheerleader:

Hey RUF... I'm not sure if I should be happy or scared. When I listed all my choices in Post #1, they were alphabetical. Before I'd made that post, my choices in order were... WLDTANG, SQEEZME, PB4UGO, and GRABBER.

So like it or not, we think alike. HooBoy!

I'm thinking about getting a plate that applies to the industry in which I work: PRINTING!

"PMS 144 C" is the color of my car, according to the Pantone Matching System (PMS). I know a lot of people would be scratching their heads with this one, but for those in the know, it would be kinda cool.

Here's a photoshop of what it might look like:

PMS144C.jpg

[constructive criticism]

Chris... I love you, man. But you're not getting my Bud Lite.

I don't agree with you at all. What percentage of the population would know the Pantone system? 1 in 10,000? Nah, baby. You gots to dress for success. Now go put your thinking cap back on and get us a winner!

[/constructive criticism]

Yeah, you guys are probably right. I gave it further thought, and decided to pass on this one. Although my profession has enabled me to get this awesome car, my plate should reflect the fun I have in owning it!

It's still a pain trying to get something that suits the car and isn't too cryptic. It should be understood by the masses, not just a few.

Personally, I like it because it even went over *my* head, and I ain't head cashier at the Walmart or nuthin'...

Alan, you crack me up. Where do you come up with this stuff? And Chris... one final note. Just no way I could drive a car where the plates start with PMS. I'm secure in my manhood and all that, but I can see the faces on those folks when I told them I special ordered them.

I still like SQEEZME (or some close variation). Glad I didn't get it now that the car has mucho blacko. But when it was all orange, SQEEZME would have looked good. Tough call. Maybe I'll hit the CA site and try some of my home brews and get back to ya.

Stan

Thanks for the suggestions, Ruf! I like 'em. And yeah, I did consider the whole "PMS" thing too. A guy I work with thought it might evoke a few undesired laughs, but on the other hand, he said most people might just think it was an ordinary plate because the combination of letters and numbers didn't look contrived. He said they looked random. So... back to the drawing boards.

I've kept a log of possible plates, including the ones that were unavailable, so that I wouldn't bother trying to see if they were available again. I've been able to secure several, but the "perfect" one is elusive! :rolleyes:

Archived