TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mustang A-Arm Support Brace

Anybody tried one of these yet? Seems like an inexpensive to way to add further sriffness to the front end.

- Fits 2005-08 Mustang GT and V-6

- Improves handling, limits g-loading

- Reduces A-Arm flex

- Ideal for lowered cars

- HD tubular steel w/precision welds

- Durable powder coated finish

- Includes all necessary hardware

- Installs in approximately 30 minutes using basic hand tools

I think lakewood also makes one but this one is Blue!

http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/produ...play.php?gid=26

The Granatelli shows one bolt on each side, the Ford Racing shows two on each side. Wonder what the difference is?

BTW, while there is no price stated by Granatelli, the FRP brace is under 54 bucks, not including shipping.

The Bullitts,Convertibles and gt500's come with it from the factory.Don't rush down to the dealer to try and get one because they are PROUD of it.Cost at the dealer is about $260!WTF.I do not notice an appreciable difference on my Bullitt but it has a different suspension than the Shelby GT entirely.Can't hurt to have one and you can probably install it in about 10 minutes.I've never removed it to test the difference either,Doubt I would be able to tell on the street.

Anybody tried one of these yet? Seems like an inexpensive to way to add further sriffness to the front end.

- Fits 2005-08 Mustang GT and V-6

- Improves handling, limits g-loading

- Reduces A-Arm flex

- Ideal for lowered cars

- HD tubular steel w/precision welds

- Durable powder coated finish

- Includes all necessary hardware

- Installs in approximately 30 minutes using basic hand tools

I think lakewood also makes one but this one is Blue!

http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/produ...play.php?gid=26

$56.21

http://www.v8power.com/item--Granatelli-A-...GMSASB0507.html

The Bullitts,Convertibles and gt500's come with it from the factory.Don't rush down to the dealer to try and get one because they are PROUD of it.Cost at the dealer is about $260!WTF.I do not notice an appreciable difference on my Bullitt but it has a different suspension than the Shelby GT entirely.Can't hurt to have one and you can probably install it in about 10 minutes.I've never removed it to test the difference either,Doubt I would be able to tell on the street.

Wow, some dealers just ADM everything!!! They probably charge $5 bucks for a soda there too.

Wow, some dealers just ADM everything!!! They probably charge $5 bucks for a soda there too.

I was going to add one before I found out that I already had one.So when I called the dealer to price it I almost fell over!I'm sure that the aftermarket ones are probably stiffer and a WHOLE LOT CHEAPER!If you get a chance to see a factory one in person you will know it looks like it is worth about $20,Max.$50 and I would say it's in the running.$260 is ludacris!Must be the ADM,I figured the guy was trying to sell me some shares in the dealership with no chance to collect.Some of you with a late model salvage yard close by may want to look into that.Might get a factory one for $10.Worth a try.

Ford Racing sells the factory brace as part number M-5025-A. I bought one for about $49 plus shipping.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...rtKeyField=9790

Just in looking at the pictures the Granatelli appears to be a little stouter than the FR one. I also wonder why FR has a two bolt mount and Granatelli one?

Dave

The lakewood unit also has a one bolt mount like the Granatelli. I decided to order the Granatelli so I will have to see what it looks like when it arrives. I too was thinking that you may not be able to feel the difference but it's a small inventment and even though I may not be able to "feel" it it could still be marginally improving handling. I want to get it installed before I hit the track in June. Next mod on my list will be a watts link and then possibly 4.10s.

Just in looking at the pictures the Granatelli appears to be a little stouter than the FR one. I also wonder why FR has a two bolt mount and Granatelli one?

Dave

They mount differently. The Granatelli and others mount using one of the lower a-arm bolts on each side. The factory brace mounts using four existing holes in the k-member. I didn't want to mess with the a-arm bolts so I installed the factory brace.

Archived