TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07/08 Shelby GT Stripe Decals are Mildewing

aaronlstiles

Is anyone having issues with the Top stripes mildewing? All my Stripes have wite mildew spots on them and will not come off. I am on my 2nd hood scoop as is most people. 2nd set of hood pins, (early Car) had the cheap tin plated. I took it to the local dealer, they said replace all the stripes, now shelby want's pictures which I fully understand. They also had to replace all 4 tires due to poor alignment after spring and strut install at Shelby. My wife Drives the car daily well almost, had 16Kmiles on it. We love the car, but for what we paid when it first came out, I have been really dissapointd in certin parts of the car. Now to my original question how many out teir are have stripe issues? 2 Local guys are on their 2nd set, One dealer actually offered to have them painted on for him. Let me know if you are having issues. Oh and for the Record my second scoop isn't much better has big gap between hood and scoop. Oh well.

Met a guy with a white 07. He had rust spots on his stripes. Apparently when there is bubble in the stripe, the installers put a hole it it to get rid of the bubble. This allows moisture, which rusts the metallic layer in the stripe.

Archived