TEAM SHELBY FORUM

67 GT500 En Route from Montana to Georgia

owenkelley

I saw a '67 GT500 on a transport truck today, it is being shipped from Montana to Georgia. I was just curious to see if anybody else that comes to these forums happens to see it. White with Blue Lemans stripes, ten-spokes, and Carroll's signature on the back of the deck lid in big letters. I had heard about this car before, but never seen it. Keep your eyes open and let us know if you see it as it's being shipped across the country!

I saw a '67 GT500 on a transport truck today, it is being shipped from Montana to Georgia. I was just curious to see if anybody else that comes to these forums happens to see it. White with Blue Lemans stripes, ten-spokes, and Carroll's signature on the back of the deck lid in big letters. I had heard about this car before, but never seen it. Keep your eyes open and let us know if you see it as it's being shipped across the country!

Why would anyone ship a 67 GT500 accross the country on an open carrier? Seems risky.

I thought the same thing, but it sure was cool to see it sitting there. The driver of the truck said he had owned Shelbys back in the '70's, so he knew what he was hauling and seemed pretty protective of it. Still, it had only travelled about 120 miles at that point, and it was already covered with road grime and stuff. We're still having a little bit of wintery weather out here. Oh well, I'm sure it will clean up fine. I just hope it isn't missing any parts by the time it gets to Georgia, that autographed decklid would look pretty cool hanging on the wall of my garage!

Archived