TEAM SHELBY FORUM

VISTA BLUE 40th with SS Power Upgrades is HOME!

Hey Guys,

My trip to Vegas went well...Picked up CSM # 171.....40th Package with all upgrades!

Here are how things went....

1. Checked car over well, only issue was Guage Pod had a dime size paint chip missing from left corner......Was replaced with new one in about 25 minutes.....EXCELLENT!

2. All stripes were rolled over and good to go! I am however going to super glue the ends all down this week, so there is no future issues.....

3. Carbon fiber moldings, Well, like previous posts, could be made to fit better IMO!

4. FAUX GAS CAP, MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THIS! I got all the way home to Phoenix and took car straight to detail shop, and faux cap was barely stuck on! It looks like it is held on strictly with 2 sided tape, I will have to have mine taken off and new tape put on to fix! My tape is bad or something! Will head to ford dealer tomorrow....

4a. Ok, Update, Just checked Faux cap again, and it came right off the car! The issue is, the TAPE is very thin to begin with, so need better tape, and I dont think the clips were fitting in all the way.....

5. Supercharger, I was warned to go easy on Supercharger for 200 miles........Well, I did NOT get on it at all the whole way home until after the detail was done and she had cooled off for over an hour! I am having some detonation in the mid RPM's and WOT! Not real bad, but I can hear it! I am going to try some octane booster to see if this cures the problem or not! IF not, down to the Ford Dealer for them to fix!

6. I also have some mild bubbling in the stripes on front fascia, I can fix this with a needle tomorrow..

7. Boost Guage, The needle does not go up smoothly, just kinda shakes its way up to the boost level...Not sure if this is normal or not, will have to inquire!

8. Thanks to ADRIENNE at SAI! VERY HELPFUL! and she got me some pictures of my take off parts along with a list...Just in case i have to make claim!

9. I have pictures to post, if someone would be so kind as to tell me how to post them PLEASE....I have pics of the one of the FIRST VISTA BLUE KR's that was sitting on showroom...

THanks

JW

Congratulations! You should consider bringing it over to the weekly Peoria Car Show at the SAFEWAY store at 83rd Ave and Lake Pleasant Road; the address is 20713 North 83rd. Avenue. The show occurs every week on Saturday - usually gets going around 4:00 PM. I've been seeing new GT500s there almost every week.

Now if I can only find that post where I gave some instructions on attaching photos.

Congratulations! You should consider bringing it over to the weekly Peoria Car Show at the SAFEWAY store at 83rd Ave and Lake Pleasant Road; the address is 20713 North 83rd. Avenue. The show occurs every week on Saturday - usually gets going around 4:00 PM. I've been seeing new GT500s there almost every week.

Now if I can only find that post where I gave some instructions on attaching photos.

Thanks,

I will be there in 2 weeks.......

Here are the pics.....

IMG]http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk287/ae9medic/IMG_0802.jpg[/img]

IMG_0801.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

IMG_0805.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

I will post more pictures tomorrow of the engine and so forth! Also, I will show you the Faux gas cap, and the tape i am talking about, you will be able to see how thin it is, and you can tell most of the tape was not even sticking to the metal, the shiny part is still on the tape! LOL......

Thanks

JW

PS.. TONI, Thanks for the info on how to post pics!

JW

Great looking car! Thanks for posting. Are the KR stripes the same colour as yours on the 40th? Hard to tell since the KR is indoors. And your wheels are chrome, not silver?

The red calipers look pretty good with the blue. Congratulations!

One more thing: is this the 605HP upgrade, or 725? Thx.

Great looking car! Thanks for posting. Are the KR stripes the same colour as yours on the 40th? Hard to tell since the KR is indoors. And your wheels are chrome, not silver?

The red calipers look pretty good with the blue. Congratulations!

One more thing: is this the 605HP upgrade, or 725? Thx.

Hey,

Thanks for the compliments......

KR stripes are silver, just like mine!

My wheels are CHROME! They look really sweet in the sun! I initially wanted Blue Calipers but were told they are on extreme backorder, So i went with RED, and I love them.....They are attention grabbers for sure.....I had so many compliments on them at the various gas stations and detail shop today.....

This is the 605 SS upgrade! And to be honest with you, I like the Kenne Belle a lot, but the 605 has more than enough HP for just your average street driving.....I had a hell of a time keeping it straight tonight...........The 725 IMO would be pretty useless on the street! Great for the track. I am also picking up a G.O. for a 725 SuperSnake, just for shows and stuff.......

Post more pics tomorrow...Off to bed..

JW

Hey,

Thanks for the compliments......

KR stripes are silver, just like mine!

My wheels are CHROME! They look really sweet in the sun! I initially wanted Blue Calipers but were told they are on extreme backorder, So i went with RED, and I love them.....They are attention grabbers for sure.....I had so many compliments on them at the various gas stations and detail shop today.....

This is the 605 SS upgrade! And to be honest with you, I like the Kenne Belle a lot, but the 605 has more than enough HP for just your average street driving.....I had a hell of a time keeping it straight tonight...........The 725 IMO would be pretty useless on the street! Great for the track. I am also picking up a G.O. for a 725 SuperSnake, just for shows and stuff.......

Post more pics tomorrow...Off to bed..

JW

Nice car. It seems that there are a lot of quality issues. Not Good. The SC is supposed to brought up to heat 8x thn cooled off before hitting it. Did you do that?

Thank you for all the nice comments...

Here are the pictures of the Faux Gas Cap.....I have removed all of the previous tape you see on the cap, and am cleaning the remaining sticky residue off before I put new ( thicker) 3m tape on it and put it back on.......

As far as the SuperCharger is concerned, I have only used it 3 times now, Just took it around the corner and got it up to speed and letting it cool in garage again.......I was only told 200 miles, and Phoenix is about 300 from Vegas, but I never got on it during the drive back......SO, we shall see what happens.....

Let me know if you have any comments on the gas cap or ideas or better tape than 3m....

Thanks

JW

IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0802.jpg

Awesome looking car! I bet you get alot of compliments. I am so glad that you sent such good initial feed back on your driving and S.A.I. experiances. I also have a blue coupe that is sceduled for the 40th w/SS upgrades and have been wanting to see the finished results on yours.

I am glad to here that your stripes appear to be ok with the exception of the bubbles. Just a little advise on the bubbles, give it a little time before resorting to popping the bubbles with a needle. the air inside will usually permiate thru the vinyl film in a matter of days. Also knowing that your in Phoenix warmer air tends to magnify the problem with expansion. As far as the 3M VHB tape is concerned make sure you clean all surface areas with rubbing alcohol for best adhesion. Good luck and enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

Speed,

I will be bringing the Shelby to the car show today...hope to see you there...

Thanks

JW

Archived