TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I Am In 4:10 HEAVEN!

ok, for the wise guys out there.....this is different than 4:20 Heaven! :hysterical:

for the rest of you........I put FRPP 4:10's in 10 days ago and WOW...... :superhero:

After a little over 500 miles clocked with the new gears, I have to say............

my SGT is just perfect now. :happy feet:

First gear is right on now. Fixed! No longer a second or 2 too long.

2nd & 3rd pull like the frieght train. It HAD always seemed like something was holding the car back.....

NO LONGER.

5th is no longer simply overdrive, but a usuable gear to cruise in at hwy speeds with passing power available at the drivers wim. :happy feet:

I actually gained gas mileage with the tune I got at the same time, so I cant tell you if you will lose any.

I can tell you that I used to run 2200 rpm at 80 in 5th and now I run 2600 rpm. No big deal.

And with the more accessible power, it is more than worth it.

Took a GT/SC owner for a nice 45 minute ride Saturday and he was very impressed. Coming from someone used to all that power, I consider it the "Seal of Approval".

For all you "drive em like you stole em" kinda guys.......just a few words from Wicked......

"WAKE THAT GIRL UP BEFORE YOU TAKE HER FOR A DRIVE, GET SOME 4:10's!" :superhero:

It's nice when you do a mod and it turns out great! :happy feet:

Hard hard is this to do - how many hours? Do you know of some good, clear instructions or do they come with the "kit"? I am mechanically inclined, but I never did this before. Thanks for any info.

So if I plan to at the Whipple S/C - would a swap of the gears be suggested?? or Stick with the 3.55s??

What have some of the S/C folks done?

My SGT is likely going to be a Stop Light warrior - most likely won't see the track. I'm kina thinkin' the 3.55s will be just fine with the S/C once it's added.

Thoughts?

If I decide not to get the S/C - I will most definitely put the 4.10s in - just simply because of this post and a few other's I've read!!

hmm . . . . could always swap 'em out while I'm at Quantum at the end of May.......................

So if I plan to at the Whipple S/C - would a swap of the gears be suggested?? or Stick with the 3.55s??

What have some of the S/C folks done?

My SGT is likely going to be a Stop Light warrior - most likely won't see the track. I'm kina thinkin' the 3.55s will be just fine with the S/C once it's added.

Thoughts?

If I decide not to get the S/C - I will most definitely put the 4.10s in - just simply because of this post and a few other's I've read!!

hmm . . . . could always swap 'em out while I'm at Quantum at the end of May.......................

From what I have researched about blowers and after having the 4:10's, I say Whipple/3:55's since the Whipple produces power from the start. Paxton/4:10's since it produces power ~ 2500 rpm's. I wouldn't bother with switching to 3:73's for either one of 'em.

i checked with a shop in houston that does rear-ends for racing and they told me it would cost 600.00to change to 410 original equipment gears.i asked about frp gears and they told me that they would prefer to install ford factory gears.they told me it would take half a day.so i figure that would me about two hours. i thought about 390 gears as they are right between 355 and 410 but they said you would have to go to motive gears for that ratio and they sometimes howl because they are foreign gears.so i think i'll probably go with what they recommended.

You mentioned "after the tune". Is this different than the factory Shelby tune? Do you think it would have run about the same with the Shelby tune? What about the speedometer?

Sorry for all the questions but I am thinking of doing the gears and am most concerned about the speedometer reading and maintaining the Shelby tune. I would have to take the car to my local Ford dealer to have this done.

You mentioned "after the tune". Is this different than the factory Shelby tune? Do you think it would have run about the same with the Shelby tune? What about the speedometer?

Sorry for all the questions but I am thinking of doing the gears and am most concerned about the speedometer reading and maintaining the Shelby tune. I would have to take the car to my local Ford dealer to have this done.

You can not maintain the SGT tune if you swap gears. It is a pre-made tune, not adjustable and preset for 3.55 gears. You will have to buy a programmer or your spedo will be off about 12%.

You can not maintain the SGT tune if you swap gears. It is a pre-made tune, not adjustable and preset for 3.55 gears. You will have to buy a programmer or your spedo will be off about 12%.

How much off is the speedo if you change from the stock 18" tires & wheels to 20" Razors with matching tires? There has to be some difference one would think?

Any suggestions?

Evolution did a custom tune for me the same day as the install. Like Stump says, you need a new tune anyway when you change gears. So I went for the custom tune and dyno.

Car runs fantastic now and I am getting better gas mileage with the 4:10s due solely to the improvements the new tune delivered.

Archived