TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Scratch mark on the lower front bumper.

sharabi

I was cleaning the car and trying to get to work today..am very careful and always use a microfiber for cleaning, she looked nice...

DSCF0063.jpg

Took her out to work with me and there were few bugs on her from the country road i took ..I tried to clean them and look what i found....

DSCF0064.jpg

Now there is a cat that sneaks to the garage always but i would expect to have more than one line ...Any way...ideas on how to fix this is greatly appreciated.

Both photos where taken today at work at the same time...the second using the macro option in the camera.

If it is not all the way through the clear coat a good body shop

can color buff it to perfect..........

I think it is deep..am still puzzled how it happened.

i think someone posted here on the forum how to fill that and buff it but i cannot find the link...

I had a scrach on my rear bumper on delivery and it also looked bad,

but they color buffed it to perfection :dance:

This is on vinal tape, not paint. I don't think tape can be buffed.

I am interested in a fix since I nicked up my tape stripe over the weekend. My wife suggested white nail polish.

This is on vinal tape, not paint. I don't think tape can be buffed.

I am interested in a fix since I nicked up my tape stripe over the weekend. My wife suggested white nail polish.

Look closely - I don't believe that's on the taped stripe.

I took another look at it and i was thinking could it be like a stress fracture in the clear coat...obviously it is the weakest area in the front bumper and the driveway has a significant slope ..So while i was backing off i noticed that i scraped the bottom of the bumper and i removed small amount of grass from the left side of the air splitter...could that have done it?..After all it is a very odd deep isolated scratch/gouge.

No indication of any fracture in the lower lip of the front bumper..

I took another look at it and i was thinking could it be like a stress fracture in the clear coat...obviously it is the weakest area in the front bumper and the driveway has a significant slope ..So while i was backing off i noticed that i scraped the bottom of the bumper and i removed small amount of grass from the left side of the air splitter...could that have done it?..After all it is a very odd deep isolated scratch/gouge.

I am sorry, I am an ideot. I have vista blue with white stripes. Just jumped to conclusions without looking at the picture. Actually I did look, just didn't comprehend.

I was cleaning the car and trying to get to work today..am very careful and always use a microfiber for cleaning, she looked nice...

DSCF0063.jpg

Took her out to work with me and there were few bugs on her from the country road i took ..I tried to clean them and look what i found....

DSCF0064.jpg

Now there is a cat that sneaks to the garage always but i would expect to have more than one line ...Any way...ideas on how to fix this is greatly appreciated.

Both photos where taken today at work at the same time...the second using the macro option in the camera.

Emmmm..... thats the lightest RED color I've ever seen. :headscratch:

Does the front of your car scrape the driveway everytime you back out ?

Why are you in the grass ?

I would try to clean the area with a wax cleaner & see if you can get the dirt out of it & then lightly wet sand it with 3000 grit sand paper, just make sure you do not burn (rub) thru the clear coat, it you do, you'll see white paint on the sand paper & then you have gone too far. once that's done you can use clear coat touch up in the crack if still their, let it dry & then rewax it & polish it.

Does the front of your car scrape the driveway everytime you back out ?

Why are you in the grass ?

One time only when i was backing off and turning to get to the road that was when i got on the lawn which is along side the driveway..It still possible that it is the :censored: cat

I would try to clean the area with a wax cleaner & see if you can get the dirt out of it & then lightly wet sand it with 3000 grit sand paper, just make sure you do not burn (rub) thru the clear coat, it you do, you'll see white paint on the sand paper & then you have gone too far. once that's done you can use clear coat touch up in the crack if still their, let it dry & then rewax it & polish it.

thx coldy.

I took her to a reputable place here in royal oak they do body shop for ferraris and porsches so i asked them. The lady who did the estimation got down to look at it and leaned on the bumper with her hand full of rings......... :o and then she went..well it could be a stress crack and in order to do it we have to remove the bumpler ..paint it ...redo the stripes.......... :banghead:

I said thx and away i was gone :speedie:

you might try:

www.paintscratch.com

I just noticed the website seems to be down at the time I write this...

Sharabi sorry to step on your post but does anyone know the color code for the blue stripes that's on the white with blue stripes GT500...Thanks

I got me a little rock chip on the front bumper. :(

I called the dealer today about the code for the performance white..sory i do not know the code for the blue stripes.

Archived