TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dash plate vs. signed air bag cover?

gassman

gassman,

I have the signed Dash Plaque, but will get the signed Airbag cover once I get the cover off. IMHO get both. Besides the Signed Airbag cover's cost goes to CS's Childrens Charity. That way you'll have a cool looking interior and support a good cause!

Mike

gassman,

I have the signed Dash Plaque, but will get the signed Airbag cover once I get the cover off. IMHO get both. Besides the Signed Airbag cover's cost goes to CS's Childrens Charity. That way you'll have a cool looking interior and support a good cause!

Mike

+1........... :speedie:

Do most of you take off your air bag covers or buy a new one for $199? And those that took it off how is it done with out damaging it?

I like the clean look of just the Dash Plaque. Sometimes less is more.

th_Mods078.jpg

th_Mods082.jpg

Have you ordered your mailbox for the front of your house yet ?

th_Grabberscars041.jpg

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

th_Mailboxatstreet054-1.jpg

I have the airbag cover, it only took 18 days door to door. My wife is also trying to get the owners manual case from our dealer for Mr Shelby's sigmnature as well.

Here's a preview of what it looks like. Mr. Shelby was in town for the Men's Luxury Toy Expo the weekend after I took delivery of my GT500, so my wife and I went and received his autograph on my manual binder in person.

Owners_Manual.jpg

I got my visor signed as well - I sent this to his foundation and made a donation . Received it back in less than 2 weeks.

Visor_1.jpg

Get both, that's what i did.

To remove the passenger side airbag, it was a snap.

This is how i did it.

With the key in the off position, i removed the plastic cover on the right side kick panel, reached inside and remover the fuse panel cover, and removed the 10A fuse (fuse #17). Now i turned the key in the on position to verify i pulled the correct airbag circuit fuse. The airbag warning light should stay lit indicating you pulled the correct fuse. Now, remove the key and disconnect the negative battery cable.

Lower the glovebox by squeezing in the tabs and lowering it. Unplug the passenger airbag and remove the screws holding it in place (2 screws i believe.....can't remember, did it a few months back) Once screw/s is removed, gently push out the airbag assembly from behind, while holding it with your other hand in front. You'll see that it's held in by tabs along the top, bottom, and sides. Take your time and it'll come out as one assembly.

When you have it out of the car, place it face down on a bench (yeah, use a few rags to protect the cover from scratches) Mark the airbag with an arrow pointing to "top" and mark the airbag cover so when you get it back in a few weeks, you'll remember which way it goes. Now, to separate the actual airbag from the cover, you'll see metal "fingers" or "tabs" on the airbag that hold onto the cover rather loosely. Start with the top or bottom and gently pry the plastic openings away from the fingers. It'll come right out.

Take some painters tape and mark the front of the airbag cover with instructions on where you want the signature. You don't want to get it with the signature upside down....lol

Take a permanent marker and mark the underside of the airbag cover with your name and addy so incase they lose your regular paperwork, they'll know who owns the part.

.........now, as for driving the car without the airbag and fuse, just know you're taking a chance with the insurance company in the event of a frontal collision. You WILL NOT have drivers side protection. Your car will either be laid up a few weeks or, you'll take chances and drive it............like i did. The choice is yours and yours only.

Archived