TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Tires for Razors

I think my Razors are getting close to delivery in the next couple of weeks. Still looking for tires. I got the impression from some of the postings that the Nitto 555's may be a little loose in the traction area. America's Tire recommended the Yokahama AVS Sport. They are about the same price as the BFG KDW's, which are also on my list. Any experience with these? Also I went ahead and bought a set of sensors on ebay for $60 so I wouldn't have to break down the original wheels.

I think my Razors are getting close to delivery in the next couple of weeks. Still looking for tires. I got the impression from some of the postings that the Nitto 555's may be a little loose in the traction area. America's Tire recommended the Yokahama AVS Sport. They are about the same price as the BFG KDW's, which are also on my list. Any experience with these? Also I went ahead and bought a set of sensors on ebay for $60 so I wouldn't have to break down the original wheels.

Yes, I have experience with Yokahama AVS Sport. They are total crap. I had a set on my Mercedes CLK, and the traction is very bad, especially on wet pavement. I had them on my car for only a few thousand miles, then replaced them with a set of Bridgestone Pontenza tires. These are great tires! I also run these on my Porsche as well.

Yes, I have experience with Yokahama AVS Sport. They are total crap. I had a set on my Mercedes CLK, and the traction is very bad, especially on wet pavement. I had them on my car for only a few thousand miles, then replaced them with a set of Bridgestone Pontenza tires. These are great tires! I also run these on my Porsche as well.

Thanks for the info. I have a CLK too and recently changed the tires to BFG gforce. Definately not the tire for a CLK. I ended up going back to the original Continentals and they are fine for that kind of car. I will check out the Bridgestones.

Thanks for the info. I have a CLK too and recently changed the tires to BFG gforce. Definately not the tire for a CLK. I ended up going back to the original Continentals and they are fine for that kind of car. I will check out the Bridgestones.

These guys have some of the best prices on the net.

http://www.roadwaywholesaletire.com/?OVRAW...WID=83628519521

Tires are pretty controversial. I was checking out the Potenzas and there are a lot of people that really don't like them. Anyone use them on a Mustang?

I haven't used them on my Mustang, but they came stock on my Porsche. They have great traction and last a long time. I have read the negative comments, but in my case they are great tires!

Art I am running the BFG Comp TA KDW with traditional thread design. Ran the track events in Vegas and no complaints at all. I'm very satisfied with the tires overall performance.

Roger

I just install Nitto Invos 255x35x20 fronts and 295x35x20 rears.

Compare to my bfg kdw 255x35x20/275x35x20 a little more grip and a lot less noise.

CIMG2684.jpg

CIMG2660.jpg

CIMG2676.jpg

CIMG2653.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running 285 BFG's on the SGT/SC and I love them. Also ran them during the track event at Carroll's BB and they were terrific on the track too.

th_20070516013.jpg

Sorry, the picture is a little dark where it counts.

I'm running 285 BFG's on the SGT/SC and I love them. Also ran them during the track event at Carroll's BB and they were terrific on the track too.

th_20070516013.jpg

Sorry, the picture is a little dark where it counts.

Nice!

How bad is the noise, anyway?

They look great and seem to perform up to par...

Dan

• 2 weeks later...
It's about time! :happy feet: Now when am I going to see that beast in person? Looks great!

Thanks Roger! Doesn't hold a candle to what you've created but it's getting there. I went to the first cruise night of the season down at Oakland beach last night. About 75 cars showed up. Cherrystones has new owners and is open and Iggy's is all rebuilt and going strong. Would make for a nice meet once it gets a little warmer. My car blew peoples minds, imagine if half a dozen or so Shelbys showed up. Plenty of parking for late models on the ball field side. Better than standing in a paved parking lot.

Thanks Roger! Doesn't hold a candle to what you've created but it's getting there. I went to the first cruise night of the season down at Oakland beach last night. About 75 cars showed up. Cherrystones has new owners and is open and Iggy's is all rebuilt and going strong. Would make for a nice meet once it gets a little warmer. My car blew peoples minds, imagine if half a dozen or so Shelbys showed up. Plenty of parking for late models on the ball field side. Better than standing in a paved parking lot.

I made it down there late last night. Most were gone. Too bad. But tonight I'm on my way to the 1st. Denny's cruise in Coventry. We will meet. You have done a great job with your car. You should be very proud. It looks awesome.

Roger

Archived