TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CS Inspecting a Clay Model with the Ugly Hood - *PIC*

NVWSSV

I got the okay to post this pic, so here it is.

This is a screen shot from a video taken PRIOR to the 2005 New York Auto Show last March (?) and the unveiling of the prototype GT500. It shows Carroll Shelby inspecting the hood that most of us, well, hate. My question is this. Do you think SVT planned on using this hood all along and had just the one good-looking prototype hood for the show car to get us all pumped up?

raisedvents.jpg

I got the okay to post this pic, so here it is.

This is a screen shot from a video taken PRIOR to the 2005 New York Auto Show last March (?) and the unveiling of the prototype GT500. It shows Carroll Shelby inspecting the hood that most of us, well, hate. My question is this. Do you think SVT planned on using this hood all along and had just the one good-looking prototype hood for the show car to get us all pumped up?

If you can confirm that the picture was taken PRIOR to the 2005 Auto Show, than we were definitely sold a different set of goods. Makes you wonder what other "sacrifices" had to made before the concept car was shown.. :( :unsure:

If you can confirm that the picture was taken PRIOR to the 2005 Auto Show, than we were definitely sold a different set of goods. Makes you wonder what other "sacrifices" had to made before the concept car was shown.. :( :unsure:

I can confirm these screen shots are prior to the 2005 Auto Show. In fact, you can confirm it yourself. Put your press kit DVD in your computer, click on the GT500, click on Video under Multimedia on the left of your screen, play Video 1. The very first screen shows the picture below and the very next part of the video is the above photo with CS touching the vent.

These pics came from media material that was made prior to the 2005 New York Auto Show.

uglyhood2.jpg

Don't talk about "sacrifices"!!!

I can't take it anymore!!!

I'm chewing my fingernails down to the bone as it is, worrying about what WON'T be there!!!!!

KingCobra.

I hear you KingCobra. To take my mind off things, I'm going fishing today. I need to stare at the water for a while instead of this darn computer with hopes pre-auto show spy pics will show up.

Tight lines!

I hear you KingCobra. To take my mind off things, I'm going fishing today. I need to stare at the water for a while instead of this darn computer with hopes pre-auto show spy pics will show up.

Tight lines!

It's disgusting that the last thing I do at night and the first thing I do in the morning is look for new info. Oh well, I guess I'm lucky that I don't have a deposit on a car, otherwise I'd be mental mush just like KingCobra. (sorry had to sneak it in there).

Hey crispy, I have a new mantra.... Every morning I look at the car and go,, soon, breathe, soon, breathe... I repeat that like 8000 times and I feel better. That and that little white pill that my wife calls a vitamin makes everything better.... :blink:

It's disgusting that the last thing I do at night and the first thing I do in the morning is look for new info. Oh well, I guess I'm lucky that I don't have a deposit on a car, otherwise I'd be mental mush just like KingCobra. (sorry had to sneak it in there).

Hey crispy, I have a new mantra.... Every morning I look at the car and go,, soon, breathe, soon, breathe... I repeat that like 8000 times and I feel better. That and that little white pill that my wife calls a vitamin makes everything better.... :blink:

Suds, I'm the same way . I get all excited when I see a new post thinking a new revelation has been posted. I feel like a kid trying to find out what I'm getting for Christmas ,any clue or even a glimpse of the real thing beforehand. I guess is't the kid in all of us. It's great ,keeps us young!

Suds, I'm the same way . I get all excited when I see a new post thinking a new revelation has been posted. I feel like a kid trying to find out what I'm getting for Christmas ,any clue or even a glimpse of the real thing beforehand. I guess is't the kid in all of us. It's great ,keeps us young!

....And BROKE :lol:

Hey I'm there for ya mrsuds!!!

I AM MENTAL MUSH (M/M)

KingCobra M/M.

Archived