TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Absolute hood scoop final fix.

Gentlemen,

I was out at Falcon Field in Mesa, Arizona today to get my Glasair III ready for a flight. I talked to Heath while I was there and he showed me five hood scoops he was shipping out shortly. Having now built several he appears to have it down to a real science and I can honestly say that these five examples are all nicer than the one on my car. I liked them so much that I intend to have another one built to put away in a box in case my car is ever involved in an accident. Veronica thinks I have lost my mind. I told her to count her blessings. A lot of other guys mess around with whiskey and women, so she shouldn't complain too much about my gasoline and cars!!

In any event, I conned him out of one to take home for a day to photograph. It may not look that impressive in dull white primer and without the mounting holes drilled, but when you hold it in your hands, it's an absolute work of art! Hard as a rock, slightly flexible like a very stiff fiberglass fishing rod, and able to withstand 400° indefinitely without warping. What you see here on my dining room table will soon be painted, polished, and adorning the hood, of a Team Shelby member. Cheers!

Chip

Hope this isn't the one I ordered ?...............................

post-12804-1224372674_thumb.jpg

post-12804-1224372687_thumb.jpg

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well mine is the SAI replacement and it is done right by the right people @ SAI...it has alot of the characteristics Chip has described on his scoop, hardness, fit, and finish. Yes it's still not "functional" but looks good and performs well @ speeds in excess of 150 mph... I am wondering what kind of hood bounce the "functional" one gets at speed? I have driven an unadorned one at speed and the hood lifts about 1-2 inches. I can't imagine that an open scoop doesn't lift the hood more.

Bill,

I have read in another post sometime back a comment similar to yours about a Mustang hood lifting 1-2 inches at speed. Does it bow up in the middle of the hood so that there is a 2 inch gap between the top of the of the fenders and the middle of the hood? Does the lifting bend the hood permanently or does it spring back into shape when you slow down? If it lifted an inch or two at the front of the hood it would blow the latch off and the whole hood would fly open so I'll assume that's not the case. Or are you saying the back of the hood close to the windshield lifts up an inch or two? When you say "at speed" about how many miles per hour is that?

Will a bare Mustang hood lift 1-2 inches at speed but if you attach the latest version cosmetic Shelby GT scoop it's OK at over 150 MPH? I don't wish to argue, I'm just trying to understand. I've heard this twice now and yet I've never observed it. In Mac's (LuLu) report on the Bull Run where he drove at speeds in excess of 130 mph for long periods of time he did not report any hood lifting. What gives?

I have never driven a Mustang 150 mph but I have driven at a little over 120 mph both with my stock hood scoop and with my new open hood scoop and the hood doesn't do anything. The GT500 is electronically limited to 150 mph. It uses the same hood latch as a stock Mustang and it does not have the secondary hood pins of the Shelby GT. I know that car has been extensively tested at speeds up to and including 150 mph without a single hood problem that I am aware of. The Miller Motorsports Mustangs have stock bare hoods and they are driven every day well above 100 MPH without any problems.

Though I've covered this earlier in this thread I'll repeat it briefly here. The new Mustang has been thoroughly wind tunnel tested both by Ford Racing and the Ford Motor Company. "At speed" airflow detaches from the hood about 12-14 inches aft of the leading edge of the hood and flows several inches above the hood surface creating a mild vacuum. Any opening in the hood close to its surface and more than 14 inches aft of its leading edge will act as an extractor. This is why Shelby had to move the scoops on the KR and Super Snake to the leading edge of the hood.

The vents on the hood of the GT500 are 17 inches aft of the leading edge, well into the vacuum area, and they effectively pull air out of the under hood area. The Shelby GT hood scoops opening is 23 inches aft of the leading edge and 1.5 inches high. When open the airflow at speed is primarily out of the scoop. Air pressure is greater under the Mustang hood than above it. Opening your scoop would decrease any under hood pressure and lift, not increase it. You can see this yourself if you tape some yarn strips to the hood of your car and drive down the highway. At the leading edge of your hood they will blow straight back. At your hood scoops opening they will just flutter all over the place in the turbulent detached airflow.

The photo below shows how the airflow detaches from your hood and passes well above the top of your scoop. At triple didget speeds, my hood doesn't budge. Cheers.

Chip

post-12804-1224402559_thumb.jpg

Bill,

I have read in another post sometime back a comment similar to yours about a Mustang hood lifting 1-2 inches at speed. Does it bow up in the middle of the hood so that there is a 2 inch gap between the top of the of the fenders and the middle of the hood? Does the lifting bend the hood permanently or does it spring back into shape when you slow down? If it lifted an inch or two at the front of the hood it would blow the latch off and the whole hood would fly open so I'll assume that's not the case. Or are you saying the back of the hood close to the windshield lifts up an inch or two? When you say "at speed" about how many miles per hour is that?

Will a bare Mustang hood lift 1-2 inches at speed but if you attach the latest version cosmetic Shelby GT scoop it's OK at over 150 MPH? I don't wish to argue, I'm just trying to understand. I've heard this twice now and yet I've never observed it. In Mac's (LuLu) report on the Bull Run where he drove at speeds in excess of 130 mph for long periods of time he did not report any hood lifting. What gives?

I have never driven a Mustang 150 mph but I have driven at a little over 120 mph both with my stock hood scoop and with my new open hood scoop and the hood doesn't do anything. The GT500 is electronically limited to 150 mph. It uses the same hood latch as a stock Mustang and it does not have the secondary hood pins of the Shelby GT. I know that car has been extensively tested at speeds up to and including 150 mph without a single hood problem that I am aware of. The Miller Motorsports Mustangs have stock bare hoods and they are driven every day well above 100 MPH without any problems.

Though I've covered this earlier in this thread I'll repeat it briefly here. The new Mustang has been thoroughly wind tunnel tested both by Ford Racing and the Ford Motor Company. "At speed" airflow detaches from the hood about 12-14 inches aft of the leading edge of the hood and flows several inches above the hood surface creating a mild vacuum. Any opening in the hood close to its surface and more than 14 inches aft of its leading edge will act as an extractor. This is why Shelby had to move the scoops on the KR and Super Snake to the leading edge of the hood.

The vents on the hood of the GT500 are 17 inches aft of the leading edge, well into the vacuum area, and they effectively pull air out of the under hood area. The Shelby GT hood scoops opening is 23 inches aft of the leading edge and 1.5 inches high. When open the airflow at speed is primarily out of the scoop. Air pressure is greater under the Mustang hood than above it. Opening your scoop would decrease any under hood pressure and lift, not increase it. You can see this yourself if you tape some yarn strips to the hood of your car and drive down the highway. At the leading edge of your hood they will blow straight back. At your hood scoops opening they will just flutter all over the place in the turbulent detached airflow.

The photo below shows how the airflow detaches from your hood and passes well above the top of your scoop. At triple didget speeds, my hood doesn't budge. Cheers.

Chip

I have installed thousand of Tufts on test airplanes ( MD-11 , C-17 ) looking for paristic drag , and how to cheat it with trailing edge shapes and surface devices etc . These were attempts at improving fuel consumption at cruise combinations of the most effective mods could yield 2-4 % improvment very big numbers when talking 100,000 plus pounds for each fuel load ..............I asked you some time ago would it be possible to place votex generator , fence or somthing ,somewhere in front of your open scoop to bring some laminar flow down to the inlet.........or is it too much trouble to go to ?..................ZDS

I have installed thousand of Tufts on test airplanes ( MD-11 , C-17 ) looking for paristic drag , and how to cheat it with trailing edge shapes and surface devices etc . These were attempts at improving fuel consumption at cruise combinations of the most effective mods could yield 2-4 % improvment very big numbers when talking 100,000 plus pounds for each fuel load ..............I asked you some time ago would it be possible to place votex generator , fence or somthing ,somewhere in front of your open scoop to bring some laminar flow down to the inlet.........or is it too much trouble to go to ?..................ZDS

It might be possible but I don't think the looks of such a mod would be acceptable to anyone. I have no experience with vortex generators other than looking at them on the wings of airliners through a window seat. I'm afraid I'm not much help here.

Chip

Chip I was going kind of fast one day well under 100 against a very stiff wind and I can tell you the hood was flexing around. It was kind of freaky. Under the same conditions I came home one day and my hood was being held down by the pins, a serious bummer...

So does the open scoop let air out unless you are s/c'd? I am not following here.

Thanks!

So does the open scoop let air out unless you are s/c'd? I am not following here.

Thanks!

McCoy,

Please excuse my crude computer drawing on the photo below. It depicts how the air swirls in eddies beneath the main airflow after it separates from the hood. The air below that main flow is low pressure and rotates like a small sideways tornado with the air closest to the surface of the hood most often flowing forward toward the front of the car and the air in that tornado farther away from the hood but still below the main airflow rotating toward the rear of the car. In its location on the hood the Shelby GT scoop would be more effective if it was turned around with the opening toward the windshield (like the 1970-1976 Trans Am, or the 1969 Camaro cowl induction). This weekend I will put a flimsy paper flap across the opening of my hood scoop and have Veronica drive it at 65 mph. I will photograph my scoop from another car (with me not driving!) so you can physically see if air is blowing in or blowing out. It doesn't matter if the car is supercharged or not, most of the airflow at highway speeds is out of that scoop, not in.

Chip

post-12804-1224568593_thumb.jpg

post-12804-1224568593_thumb.jpg

Chip

From my POV, nothing gives. Nothing moves.

Yes, I have driven LuLu in excess of 130 MPH for extended periods. Both of my GPS units (I used two in Terlingua) registered 139 MPH as my official top speed. The factory speedo went spastic on me, and frankly, I didn't want to take my eyes off the road to decipher a bouncy needle at 140. Focused as I was, I am SURE I would have noticed any changes in the hood. My co-pilot never said a word either. Therefore...

1) My aluminum hood did not bow from speed. Moreover, if it had, would it not stay that way once bent?

2) My SGT scoop did not warp as iit should have if the hood beneath it bowed even slightly.

3) Likewise, my SGT stripes did not peel away as they should once the hood bowed.

Nothing changed that I can articulate at this time. Draw your own conclusions?

I'm freshly back from another road trip to Lake of the Ozarks, MO., and I was again reaching for some high MPH numbers OTR, with the intent to measure my new brake performance at speed. I am very pleased with the results, I am sure the skid pad numbers would please everyone. Nonetheless, no changes to LuLu's hood, scoop, or, stripes. Lot's of dead bugs though...

I read this stuff on other sites too, and IMHO, this "urban legend" myth of a Mustang/SGT hood bowing from speed is exactly that, a myth passed around the dozens of automotive web sites, and gaining speed as it travels. I think it's good say "I heard that..." and debunk the story, let it die here. I don't have the scientific expertise of Chip Beck, he's quite an intelligent man (and thank you Chip), but I have my own real world experience. Between the two, this story of hoods bending/bowing from speed is DOA.

Just my .02C, drive safely Gents.

PS...Please don't try this at home. I have been professionally trained for high speed LEO driving by Bondurant, Richard Petty Inc. and the Illinois State Police. Respect your ability, don't invite hazard.

• 1 month later...

post-12804-1227637576_thumb.jpg

Gentlemen,

During the course of a conversation yesterday with Mr. Dace Kirk of Phoenix Composites he informed me that their entire first run of hood scoops was sold out and that they were starting a second run. Feedback I've received from the purchasers of these hood scoops, installation kits, and instructions, has been 100% positive. Everybody who has purchased one has told me that they fit flawlessly and that workmanship exceeded their already high expectations. I look forward to seeing some photographs posted on this forum once these members get them installed. All the best.

Chip

Gentlemen,

During the course of a conversation yesterday with Mr. Dace Kirk of Phoenix Composites he informed me that their entire first run of hood scoops was sold out and that they were starting a second run. Feedback I've received from the purchasers of these hood scoops, installation kits, and instructions, has been 100% positive. Everybody who has purchased one has told me that they fit flawlessly and that workmanship exceeded their already high expectations. I look forward to seeing some photographs posted on this forum once these members get them installed. All the best.

Chip

Chip,

That is indeed great news....Please people...pics....I'm still saving pennies....

Gentlemen,

Chip

Chip - Are these painted to match our cars?

My scoop is being painted right now, I will install it next week, the scoop can come painted, but I wanted no one to blame if it wasnt right, so I am having it done locally, they are going to mount the scoop and then take it back off to make sure the white stripe lines up correctly, then I will store the orginal scoop away to keep fresh, pictures soon, Rick

FordRocks1,

For the purposes of this thread I am defining the term "functional hood scoop" as a scoop that is simply open to the engine compartment. A truly functional hood scoop would be plummed directly into a sealed air intake system and would provide enough ram air to raise manifold pressure at reasonable vehicle speeds.

I have driven my Shelby GT for over 2000 miles now with an open hood scoop. It has allowed little if any debris into the engine compartment. I have driven my Shelby Cobra for several years now with an almost identical open hood scoop, again, with an imperceptible amount of anything entering that scoop. I have had no problems with water, bugs, or debris, fouling my engine compartment as a result of my open scoop.

To address the last line of your post, there are three potential benefits from a hood scoop. The best hood scoops excel in all three areas. Those three benefits are.....

1. To raise the manifold pressure of a normally aspirated engine at practical vehicle speeds above what the manifold pressure would be without the hood scoop.

2. To provide any engine, (normally aspirated, turbocharged, or supercharged) with lower temperature (denser) intake air from outside the hot engine compartment.

3. Cosmetic reasons (they look cool).

The practical benefit of a hood scoop on a forced induction car like the Subaru is # 2, to pull cooler, denser air from outside the engine compartment and # 3 (it looks good). # 1 does not come into play on this Subaru.

On a normally aspirated car like our Shelby GTs, the forward facing, center hood mounted scoop can only provide # 3. It looks good, and, IMO, it looks a whole lot better when it's open. The black plastic block off plate screams phony. That scoop was open into the engine compartment on the 65 and 66 GT350, it's open into the engine compartment on Shelby Cobras, and although it provides no performance benefit, it looks genuine when it's open into the engine compartment on the Shelby GT.

Chip

post-12804-1223329338_thumb.jpg

post-12804-1223329351_thumb.jpg

post-12804-1223329365_thumb.jpg

post-12804-1223329379_thumb.jpg

as much as i like the open scoop look and the cut out on the hood itself, i cant bring myself to cut a big hole in my hood. i could get an aftermarket hood and do that but i dont have to room to store the original hood if i did.

looks great though.

i thought of just maybe taking that fake plastic screen off the front of my original scoop but the ugly 8 bolts inside might show too much.

:wacko: scoops scoops scoops :wacko:

I was lucky enough to get the last one of the first run; Heath and the gang at Phoenix Composites are great and handled everything very well. I also got the install kit. I can't wait to get it to the body shop and have it installed, I am going the route of cutting the hole and painting the stripes on the overall car. I plan on posting photos once it gets to the body shop.

I want to again, thank Chip for making this happen, I am just waiting for his Whipple Stock Hood Strut Tower Brace aka WSHSTB

Happy Thanksgiving

Andrew Nagle

as much as i like the open scoop look and the cut out on the hood itself, i cant bring myself to cut a big hole in my hood. i could get an aftermarket hood and do that but i dont have to room to store the original hood if i did.

Fatboy,

I might feel the same way if the Shelby GT had a unique hood . Or if the hood was serial numbered and matched to the car. But that's not the case. I bought a brand-new takeoff Mustang hood for 400 bucks, already painted white. I use it to fit the Phoenix Composite hood scoops. One would be insane to cut or modify a GT500KR hood. But standard Mustang hoods are cheap and plentiful. It changes the cars look from "wannabe" to "whatsunderthere". Add a SC and it becomes "whatthehellisthat!!" :happy feet:

Chip

post-12804-1228281449_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Fatboy,

I might feel the same way if the Shelby GT had a unique hood . Or if the hood was serial numbered and matched to the car. But that's not the case. I bought a brand-new takeoff Mustang hood for 400 bucks, already painted white. I use it to fit the Phoenix Composite hood scoops. One would be insane to cut or modify a GT500KR hood. But standard Mustang hoods are cheap and plentiful. It changes the cars look from "wannabe" to "whatsunderthere". Add a SC and it becomes "whatthehellisthat!!" :happy feet:

Chip

If one is going to cut the hood, I would get a new one like you did Chip. Cut the factory hood (complete with the irreplaceable Shelby emissions sticker) and you'll never be able to put the car back to original should you so desire several years down the road.

- Matt

If one is going to cut the hood, I would get a new one like you did Chip. Cut the factory hood (complete with the irreplaceable Shelby emissions sticker) and you'll never be able to put the car back to original should you so desire several years down the road. - Matt

Matt,

I understand that there is a Shelby emissions sticker on 2008 Shelby GT's. But there is no Shelby emissions sticker on 2007 Shelby GT's. The Ford Motor Company emissions sticker is exactly the same on my takeoff hood as it is on my original hood. Hoods for 2007 Shelby GT's at least are cheap and plentiful and all takeoff hoods will come with the exact same Ford Motor Company emissions sticker that your original Shelby GT came with. On 2008 cars that emissions sticker would be cheap and easy to reproduce as well. I wouldn't worry at all about your original hood. There is nothing Shelby about it. Kind of like your original gas cap door. It's the exact same whether the car is a Shelby or a standard Mustang. Keep your car stock or modify it as you see fit. You'll be long dead before these cars have much collector value. Then again, in today's economy very few things have much collector value.

Last night I picked my son up at a Christmas party he was attending in my Shelby GT. Most of the on ramps to the 101 freeway here in Scottsdale are double lane and they present a fine opportunity to experience the all-out performance of an enthusiast's muscle car. Sitting at the stop light in the rightmost left turn lane underneath the 101 freeway overpass, a shiny new solid black Porsche Carrera 4 was at the light in the lane to my left. The shorter distance of his inside lane to that freeway ramp combined with the 4 Wheel Drive traction available to that Porsche on this cold (for Arizona at least) winter night put my Shelby GT/SC at a real disadvantage in my meaningless yet determined quest to reach that freeway first. At the green arrow we were both off and a large measure of self control was required on my part to keep the little white Mustang from swapping ends during that 90° left turn. 20 yards behind the Porsche with 150 yards of uphill two lane ahead of us before the on-ramp narrowed to one lane and entered the freeway. 520 horsepower thrust me into that state of Shelby Nirvana that occurs when American muscle humiliates the driver of some German or Italian performance car that's giving it everything he's got. With an easy car length to spare I merged left well ahead of that Porsche and slowed down to merge with freeway traffic. The Shelby GT/SC may not perform well in the investment arena, but on those two lane freeway on ramps, it's hell on wheels!! Enjoy your car.

Chip

Matt,

I understand that there is a Shelby emissions sticker on 2008 Shelby GT's. But there is no Shelby emissions sticker on 2007 Shelby GT's. The Ford Motor Company emissions sticker is exactly the same on my takeoff hood as it is on my original hood. Hoods for 2007 Shelby GT's at least are cheap and plentiful and all takeoff hoods will come with the exact same Ford Motor Company emissions sticker that your original Shelby GT came with. On 2008 cars that emissions sticker would be cheap and easy to reproduce as well. I wouldn't worry at all about your original hood. There is nothing Shelby about it. Kind of like your original gas cap door. It's the exact same whether the car is a Shelby or a standard Mustang. Keep your car stock or modify it as you see fit. You'll be long dead before these cars have much collector value. Then again, in today's economy very few things have much collector value.

Last night I picked my son up at a Christmas party he was attending in my Shelby GT. Most of the on ramps to the 101 freeway here in Scottsdale are double lane and they present a fine opportunity to experience the all-out performance of an enthusiast's muscle car. Sitting at the stop light in the rightmost left turn lane underneath the 101 freeway overpass, a shiny new solid black Porsche Carrera 4 was at the light in the lane to my left. The shorter distance of his inside lane to that freeway ramp combined with the 4 Wheel Drive traction available to that Porsche on this cold (for Arizona at least) winter night put my Shelby GT/SC at a real disadvantage in my meaningless yet determined quest to reach that freeway first. At the green arrow we were both off and a large measure of self control was required on my part to keep the little white Mustang from swapping ends during that 90° left turn. 20 yards behind the Porsche with 150 yards of uphill two lane ahead of us before the on-ramp narrowed to one lane and entered the freeway. 520 horsepower thrust me into that state of Shelby Nirvana that occurs when American muscle humiliates the driver of some German or Italian performance car that's giving it everything he's got. With an easy car length to spare I merged left well ahead of that Porsche and slowed down to merge with freeway traffic. The Shelby GT/SC may not perform well in the investment arena, but on those two lane freeway on ramps, it's hell on wheels!! Enjoy your car.

Chip

+1 on the sticker! Though a good body shop can remove almost any sticker and reapply it.

Your story made me want to go out and drive! Unfortunately we have about a foot of snow. Guess I'll just go sit in the car and listen to the radio :finger: Oh hey, BTW, the IronMan soundtrack some some great driving music that would have fit that "Green Arrow" moment perfectly, I'm thinking the track "Driving With The Top Down" . :shift: There is a moment in that track around time 1:10 that is perfect to put the foot down. :shift:

... 520 horsepower thrust me into that state of Shelby Nirvana that occurs when American muscle humiliates the driver of some German or Italian performance car that's giving it everything he's got. With an easy car length to spare I merged left well ahead of that Porsche and slowed down to merge with freeway traffic. The Shelby GT/SC may not perform well in the investment arena, but on those two lane freeway on ramps, it's hell on wheels!! Enjoy your car.

Chip

Great story Chip. Point taken... I'll try to focus more on your last sentence than my scoop. These really are great cars to drive. Makes you feel 17 again doesn't it?

Merry Christmas!

Thank you,

- Matt

freeway traffic. The Shelby GT/SC may not perform well in the investment arena, but on those two lane freeway on ramps, it's hell on wheels!! Enjoy your car.

Chip

Chip, your stories always seems to get us going-great story and I too hope soon to SC my car and experience "nirvana" in this great vehicle!!!

• 3 months later...

My hoodscoop problems are well documented on this forum. I'm on scoop #5 and stripes #4 and still remain unsatisfied. My new scoop is the "final fix" scoop and, at my request, was dealer installed with rivnuts. The dealer is trying to make me happy but my expectations are pretty high. I will continue to push on the dealer to get this right but, as a backup plan, would like information on purchasing a H/B scoop. I could not locate the info in this thread, or just missed it. Thanks.

My hoodscoop problems are well documented on this forum. I'm on scoop #5 and stripes #4 and still remain unsatisfied. My new scoop is the "final fix" scoop and, at my request, was dealer installed with rivnuts. The dealer is trying to make me happy but my expectations are pretty high. I will continue to push on the dealer to get this right but, as a backup plan, would like information on purchasing a H/B scoop. I could not locate the info in this thread, or just missed it. Thanks.

Zep,

Send me a PM and I'll give you Heath's contact info and mine as well. All the best.

Chip

• 3 weeks later...

To anyone not thinking they have a Shelby Emission sticker due to Chip's comments above (on an 07), you might want to take a look before you cut the hood.

Mine is an 07 Shelby GT and it definitely DOES have the emission sticker. It is a nice slick look sticker that is on the front driver edge of the hood.

May or not be important, but if it is...

To anyone not thinking they have a Shelby Emission sticker due to Chip's comments above (on an 07), you might want to take a look before you cut the hood.

Mine is an 07 Shelby GT and it definitely DOES have the emission sticker. It is a nice slick look sticker that is on the front driver edge of the hood.

What is your csm # redline?

That slick sticker is the stock emissions sticker that is common to all 4.6L V-8 Mustangs. My stock SGT hood and both takeoff hoods I have purchased all have that sticker on them. We are talking about a Shelby specific emissions sticker. It is my understanding that there is a specific Shelby emission sticker on 2008 SGTs. The 2007s do not have that Shelby sticker. My car is '07 number 582. Perhaps later in the model year they started using a special Shelby emissions sticker. I've never seen an 07 with one however.

Chip

That slick sticker is the stock emissions sticker that is common to all 4.6L V-8 Mustangs. My stock SGT hood and both takeoff hoods I have purchased all have that sticker on them. We are talking about a Shelby specific emissions sticker. It is my understanding that there is a specific Shelby emission sticker on 2008 SGTs. The 2007s do not have that Shelby sticker. My car is '07 number 582. Perhaps later in the model year they started using a special Shelby emissions sticker. I've never seen an 07 with one however.

Chip

NO stock emissions sticker common to all 4.6L Mustang on this one...

Mine DEFINITELY has the SHELBY specific emissions sticker. It is not the paper one that was on some of the early cars. It is a slick glossy OEM appearing decal with the SHELBY emblem on it.

My car number is SGT4694.

By the way, the newly fabricated scoop is AMAZING.

I have been following this thread with great interest. My car has been previously owned by a collector and tucked in a garage, and only has 4,000 miles on it as driven during pleasant weather. I suspect now that I own it and am driving it daily (at least for now), I can expect future problems...

Archived