TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT Jackets For Sale Soon, Take A Look.

sharon

I was messing around with my photoshop and here is my concept drawings I thought would look cool.

Just my 2 cents. -FBshelby_jacket_1.jpgshelby_jacket_2.jpg

I think Badger's on to something here with the second one! The shortened stripes look great on the back! Front looks good to, I think maybe offer a stitched name/csm under the "Shelby GT" would be cool - the ID plate might be a bit much. Sleeves - well all I would want, if something had to be put there, would be the small CS logo.

Offer GT/SC versions as well, of course!

Max price should be no more than $400, then offer a discount for Team Shelby members/owners!

SEF

AKA:

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is another version. Simple but cool!

I'm liking it Flyingbadger! You could leave the Signature off of the right breast pocket and replace with a CS logo in the same color and add the larger signature of Carroll on the rear as the original but in silver. Great work!

On price point I purchased this jacket 2 years ago at $250 it has gone up $50 since but it is USA made and of Very High Quality.

From the Taylor Guitar Web Site:

The Taylor Alumni Jacket features a melton wool body, distressed British Tan leather sleeves, our script signature logo over the heart and our chenille Taylor logo patch stitched on the back. Made in the USA.

alumni_jacket_dt.jpg

alumni_jacket_dt.jpg

Hello All,

Here is a Sample of a new Shelby GT Jacket. SHELBY GT jacket is in leather with the classic stripes on the back.

It is custom made from the ground up. Plus you could get your Personalized SGT# that could be added as a separate patches or custom sewn. The Shelby GT logo would be in bright silver embroidery

Let us know what you think of this Jacket.

post27432.jpg

I know all you guys have been asking for one, well here it is :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

They look great. I will need two. One for me and my wife. She loves it too!

Looks great Sharon. Are they serial numbered? It looks like they are. All I ask that you please offer the jacket in a 3X size.

Please, please, please, please, please, please?

Sorry, I just re-read your post more carefully. They are numbered. Could I then ask that number 07 #12 is made in a 3X please?

Thanks again.

+1 on the large sizes. I need a 3XL or 4XL depending on the cut.

Dave

Guys, this is just the design, I want feedback before we actually make them. The quality can vary as well, the team shelby Jackets and the 85th jackets are different and different in price points as well.

So if you could all give me feedback and tell me what a good price would be, that would help

Amy

I agree, the stripes are too much on the back. Lets not make it look like a corvette owners jacket. Less is more. My .02 Also, $499 is :censored:

Thanks for allowing the input.

I was messing around with my photoshop and here is my concept drawings I thought would look cool.

Just my 2 cents. -FBpost-12648-1208459244_thumb.jpgpost-12648-1208459258_thumb.jpg

Nice job! I would lose the stripes on the sleeve, but otherwise, pretty cool.

Yes but they have to go to the tailor shop for modification which will take another 8-12 weeks and cost you an additional $200.

:P

How about an extra $300 for the GT/SC version . That should put you @ $799 for a 1/2 leather coat. That's no hill for a climber :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I think it looks great! I like the stripes on the back, I just think there needs to be something to break it up and keep it from going all the way to the collar. But I think the pics that show smaller stripes on the back are too small - looks like the number eleven

Either of these look great , I too have to say that the stripes down the back on the original design are a bit much . as far as price goes, I think 200.00 to 250.00 is pretty fair. :D

It's great to see that this is going to happen. :happy feet:

I'm with the crowd that wants to loose the rear stripes. I like the idea to be able to add our CSM number, switch to silver script vs orange and to offer lighter jackets for different seasons.

And of course keep it affordable as much as possible...it's getting expensive to be a Shelby owner. :banghead:

Just my 2 cents. -FBpost-12648-1208459244_thumb.jpgpost-12648-1208459258_thumb.jpg

I'd go for design 2, with or without the rear mini stripe. I think in execution, verticle sleeve stripes would be overkill. Price wise, I think when it gets to $300+, the volume will drop down.

Amy can we use a different material besides leather like the LeMans jacket here:

http://www.saferacer.com/lemans-steve-mcqu...?productid=1233

Atleast we could wear it during summer too..

Also I vote for flyingbadgers first picture. I like the stripe on the sleave. It's so rockish and sporty like adidas. It would also look best with the same material like the above link.

Well, I have one more submission. What do you think?

post-12648-1208508364_thumb.jpg

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

It even comes in 3X !!!

I kid... I kid.... But really, thanks to all that made nice comments about my photoshopped jackets! In the end I know SAI will have a really killer jacket to sell us when its all said and done! Kudus to you Amy for allowing Shelby owners to have inputs for a jacket design.

- FB

post-12648-1208508364_thumb.jpg

Amy can we use a different material besides leather like the LeMans jacket here:

http://www.saferacer.com/lemans-steve-mcqu...?productid=1233

Atleast we could wear it during summer too..

Also I vote for flyingbadgers first picture. I like the stripe on the sleave. It's so rockish and sporty like adidas. It would also look best with the same material like the above link.

I think your on to something there. Becuase after all most venues, car gatherings, and shows will take place usually in the warmer months and a thick jacket could be a bit hard to wear in 80 degree weather. A lighter "retro" LeMans jacket could be considered as a Spring, Summer jacket.

Again my 2 cents. -FB

I knew I felt an earthquake!!!!

As a southern Californian, I wondered if I would ever be asking anyone living elsewhere if they were okay after an earthquake. Is the earthquake what caused the red jacket to be created? :lol: Seriously, thanks for all the design alternatives for the jackets. Amazing what you folks skilled in Photoshop can create. Jim

Amy, Sharon,

Whichever design makes it the final cut, I strongly feel that it should have an American Flag incorporated somewhere on the jacket.

Thank you again for your consideration of this.

I prefer both of these to the original, and the one with the stripes on the sleeves is particularly good. The big stripes on the back of the original are too much.

Also, I am not a fan of having Shelby's signature on the back. It would be nice to have it deleted, so as to present a cleaner look.

Here is a side view of the arms on the Jacket

Looks like all the colors are presented; very nice. We just need to get the stripes off the back, or at least shorten them to be behind the back logos, add the American flag somewhere, and IMO were in business!

With all due respect to those ideas that incorporate the faux gas cap or dash plaque onto the jacket, forgive me but those varations look like something that Snoop Dog or Flavor-Flave would wear; the're not for me.

Archived