TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT Jackets For Sale Soon, Take A Look.

sharon

Hello All,

Here is a Sample of a new Shelby GT Jacket. SHELBY GT jacket is in leather with the classic stripes on the back.

It is custom made from the ground up. Plus you could get your Personalized SGT# that could be added as a separate patches or custom sewn. The Shelby GT logo would be in bright silver embroidery

Let us know what you think of this Jacket.

post27432.jpg

I know all you guys have been asking for one, well here it is :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello All,

Here is a Sample of a new Shelby GT Jacket. SHELBY GT jacket is in leather with the classic stripes on the back.

It is custom made from the ground up. Plus you could get your Personalized SGT# that could be added as a separate patches or custom sewn. The Shelby GT logo would be in bright silver embroidery

post27432.jpg

I know all you guys have been asking for one, well here it is :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Can not wait. Boy that looks great!!! :happy feet:

Hello All,

post27432.jpg

Looks great Sharon. Are they serial numbered? It looks like they are. All I ask that you please offer the jacket in a 3X size.

Please, please, please, please, please, please?

Sorry, I just re-read your post more carefully. They are numbered. Could I then ask that number 07 #12 is made in a 3X please?

Thanks again.

Guys, this is just the design, I want feedback before we actually make them. The quality can vary as well, the team shelby Jackets and the 85th jackets are different and different in price points as well.

So if you could all give me feedback and tell me what a good price would be, that would help

Amy

Guys, this is just the design, I want feedback before we actually make them. The quality can vary as well, the team shelby Jackets and the 85th jackets are different and different in price points as well.

So if you could all give me feedback and tell me what a good price would be, that would help

Amy

Amy, I have the Team Shelby jacket and it's perfect. It's made with good, quality materals and fits great. I recommend that you use that vendor for these jackets too.

Price point for the TS jackets was/is $399.99, and I think that is a fair price point for these jackets too.

All I ask that you offer it in a 3X size too, at least number 07-12 anyway.

Thanks for listening.

I say lose the vertical stripes and either go without on the back or do 2 horizontal stripes under the Shelby GT letters.

Otherwise, looks great.

Yes, I have to agree with Wicked on this Amy. I would personally like the stripes smaller and in front under the front "SHELBY GT" logo rather than on the back of the jacket. The rear logo is great, but it would be better without the stripes running through it.

Oh, I also think that it would be great to incorporate an American flag somewhere on the jacket too.

Thanks again.

I say lose the vertical stripes and either go without on the back or do 2 horizontal stripes under the Shelby GT letters.

Otherwise, looks great.

I like that maybe lose the rear stripes and put short ones down through the GT on the front maybe 3 - 4" long stripe

Amy

I kinda like it just the way it is....but then again, I'm a poor boy and probably won't be able to afford one of them anyway after buying the car :huh:

I like the stripes because they are different than any other Shelby Jacket that I've seen, and all I've heard on this forum is how everyone wants something different for the SGT...So there, I said it...that's my $.02 worth for what it's worth! Different you wanted...Different you got! Way to go AMY!!!

Price point for the TS jackets was/is $399.99, and I think that is a fair price point for these jackets too.

:huh: Are you guys serious??? $400 for a jacket????? I understand the name on it, as well as the personalization.. but come on! I think $50 for my Ford Racing jacket at WalMart was too expensive... I don't care how rich you are...

Is it pure leather?? I think there should at least be a budget-version of the Shelby GT jacket..

Amy: my budget stops in the $150 to $250 range for the jacket..

:nonono:

Oh, but on a more positive note, the jacket looks amazing. :happy feet:

:huh: Are you guys serious??? $400 for a jacket????? I understand the name on it, as well as the personalization.. but come on! I think $50 for my Ford Racing jacket at WalMart was too expensive... I don't care how rich you are...

Amy: my budget stops in the $100 to $150 range for the jacket..

:nonono:

Oh, but on a more positive note, the jacket looks amazing. :happy feet:

Priced a letterman jacket lately?

A good start. My thoughts:

1. I would like to see a picture of the smaller stripes on the front and none on the back like Wicked suggested.

2. What does it say on the right sleeve? "We've earned our stripes?"

3. The serial number on the left sleeve is wrong. There are no dashes in the serial number.

4. I see black, white, and blue. Are the signature, serial number, and moto in Grabber Orange? Would be kind of cool to include all of the colors onto the jacket somehow. Even the BJ red. Well, I won't miss the BJ red. :hysterical:

5. Lastly, please don't everybody hate me for this. Can we have a Shelby GT/SC version?

A good start. My thoughts:

1. I would like to see a picture of the smaller stripes on the front and none on the back like Wicked suggested.

2. What does it say on the right sleeve? "We've earned our stripes?"

3. The serial number on the left sleeve is wrong. There are no dashes in the serial number.

4. I see black, white, and blue. Are the signature, serial number, and moto in Grabber Orange? Would be kind of cool to include all of the colors onto the jacket somehow. Even the BJ red. Well, I won't miss the BJ red. :hysterical:

5. Lastly, please don't everybody hate me for this. Can we have a Shelby GT/SC version?

I agree with you, but I suspect that we will have to have S/C embroidered on ourselves. Maybe we can get that done at Disneyland where they embroider the Mickey Mouse hats. :hysterical::hysterical:

Looks pretty cool. I guess the white SGT owners will have to go with the black on silver jacket. :rant2::rant2:

Question: Is it the picture, or does the front of the jacket have some kind of dark black felt one stripe front?

It looks to me like they, at one point, may have had the stripes going down the front of the jacket too. . . . then photo shop edited them out to be all black in front and only have the stripes in the back............................????

I like the look of these jackets! I also like the idea of incorporating all the colors of the SGT's into the jacket lettering.

NICE WORK AMY!!

Trevor

Here you go:

1. Loose the rear stripes

2. Incorporate the side fender stripe as the front logo (run them horizontal with the SGT or SGT/SC logo inset)

3. Match the rear stripe pattern to the side stripe logo

4. Make the GT/SC as an available option

5. Personalized number to resemble the exact dash plaque in color and shape

6. Keep the CS logo (the most powerful and recognizable symbol of the brand)

7. Loose the yellowish orange color keep it silver as with the floor mats

8. Make it available in other weighted jackets for different seasons

9. Vista blue Logo letters for the 08's

10. GO logo for the 08 Cali

11. White logo for the 07 Performance White

12. Silver logo for the 07 Black

13. Red for the BJ GT's

If they will be custom made I'm sure most would not mind waiting for embroidering.

I know it's a lot but you asked Sharon and Amy!

Hello All,

post27432.jpg

Sharon/Amy..........

I like the jacket design and agree with others that maybe the stripes could be toned down. What I would really like to see is a lighter jacket with the same final design. It just does not get cold enough here for leather and even if it does it might last 3 or 4 days. Something along the lines of a wind breaker jacket would be great and probably more cost effective ...at least for me! Thanks

Here you go:

1. Loose the rear stripes

2. Incorporate the side fender stripe as the front logo (run them horizontal with the SGT or SGT/SC logo inset)

3. Match the rear stripe pattern to the side stripe logo

4. Make the GT/SC as an available option

5. Personalized number to resemble the exact dash plaque in color and shape

6. Keep the CS logo (the most powerful and recognizable symbol of the brand)

7. Loose the yellowish orange color keep it silver as with the floor mats

8. Make it available in other weighted jackets for different seasons

9. Vista blue Logo letters for the 08's

10. GO logo for the 08 Cali

11. White logo for the 07 Performance White

12. Silver logo for the 07 Black

13. Red for the BJ GT's

If they will be custom made I'm sure most would not mind waiting for embroidering.

I know it's a lot but you asked Sharon and Amy!

Roger,

You forgot to add the adjustable UCAs and LCAs on the jacket . . . sorry, I just could not resist. :P And what about a custom hanger for the jacket to rest upon when not in use? I'm kidding about the hanger, for goodness sake. Roger? You did hear that I was kidding about the hanger, right? :stop: Jim

I was messing around with my photoshop and here is my concept drawings I thought would look cool.

Just my 2 cents. -FBpost-12648-1208459244_thumb.jpgpost-12648-1208459258_thumb.jpg

I could go with either of these if we could get the price into the $250 range. Anything above that and I am out.

I think the full length bold stripes on the back are a bit much.

Archived