TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Quantum Performance Open House!!

TClark1976

Your SGT is sitting down at Q.P.? I didn't know that - if I can decipher which one is yours. . . . would you like me to e-mail ya a photo of it???

Man - you and my Family member from out in California - "Clark17357" (Jim) are suffering without the SGT - talk about withdrawl. I'm addicted to driving my SGT.

It's the only SGT vert w/ VA tags on it. Pics would be cool - and yes, I am suffering!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:fear: WHOA!! I'm not trying to start anything here or throw Quantum under both axles of the bus. . . . . . I called Quantum for a quote, they sent me the info, I called Quantum back to order everything or at least put the deposit down on all items to be completed last week - Quantum called SPP to confirm THEY could order the hood and that all other parts needed were available - called me back to advise of the green light - and I haven't heard anything back from them that there's a problem getting the parts. . . . . . . . The hood and painted stripes were the main reason for the trip. Open House being on that same weekend was a bonus!!

PIAA Driving Lights:....$219.95

GT Duct Bezels:...........149.95

Lwr Grille (Polished).......79.95

Labor:.........................4.0 Hrs

:spend::spend::spend:

I guess I've stumbled into a significant, ongoing discussion that I was not aware of people having a huge problem with.

I don't know what that means exactly. . . . . . does that mean that the Mod Shops can get the parts - but Mr. Joe Public can not yet????

This could be a possibility. . . . I believe there's a bracket that they have to custom manufacture at the Mod Shop for the lights to mount into the Bezel. . . . . . . . . . They may not have figured how to mass produce that bracket yet? Please don't quote me on that - this is all just speculation as I had mentioned in my previous note. If I'm wrong - I'll admit I'm wrong. . . . . . but Quantum hasn't called me back to tell me to forget about driving 1000 miles to their shop 2 weeks from now..................................... :blink:

ONLY a guess :shrug: and I'm drawing on a memory from a conversation I had with someone about their lower grille and lights when I first joined the Forum on the old site.

:surrender:

Oh, trust me, it's a whole can of worms!!!! I can't tell you how many people have been trying to get SAI to turn loose of a kit with these items in it so we can mount them in our cars...BUT, if Quantum can get the parts and do it in 3 or 4 hours, I'm definately game!!! I've already got the lower grill in mine, that was easy...I'm sure the rivets in the grill would need to be drilled out since the bezels would probably require a longer rivet to hold them in along with the grill, but that's ok....I also know that some of the plastic behind the original plastic pieces on each side of the grill has to be cut from there to allow the lights and the brake duct to fit in there...that's ok too...I can do that if I could just get the darn parts!!!

I just think that SAI is holding out on us for more money or something...I am personally getting tired of hearing that they are still several weeks out, but someone can order them and have the MOD shop do it without any problem! Geezzz! I guess they just want the money for the install as well as the parts! VERY FRUSTRATING for those of us who sunk the majority of our money in the car and have to scrimp and save to get anything else done to it...Wife has complained about the few things I've done lately...she wants a new kitchen! Come on!!! You can't drive a kitchen! LOL

Ok, I'll stop ranting now! :banghead:

True. .. . .. . .. . True. You can't drive a kitchen. HOWEVER, if you spring for the kitchen mods, it will show the wife that you're interested in what makes her happy too. This might lead to her "taking care of your needs" a little more.. .. .. .. .. .. I'm single, but this is something that was told to me by a lady friend of mine. By no means am I now claiming to understand women, but this knowledge (given to me by a woman) seems to be helping me with my cluelessness :D

"If he'd show some interest in helping with the cleaning and house work and laundry, I might actually think about putting out more!"

Her favorite joke to tell: "Why is a guy smarter when he's having sex with a woman?" "Because he's plugged into a genius!"

:headscratch:

True. .. . .. . .. . True. You can't drive a kitchen. HOWEVER, if you spring for the kitchen mods, it will show the wife that you're interested in what makes her happy too. This might lead to her "taking care of your needs" a little more.. .. .. .. .. .. I'm single, but this is something that was told to me by a lady friend of mine. By no means am I now claiming to understand women, but this knowledge (given to me by a woman) seems to be helping me with my cluelessness :D

"If he'd show some interest in helping with the cleaning and house work and laundry, I might actually think about putting out more!"

Her favorite joke to tell: "Why is a guy smarter when he's having sex with a woman?" "Because he's plugged into a genius!"

If a man's brain is in his :censored: , where's a woman's?

Worst thing man ever did was build the stove upright.

EDIT: Don't tell my wife I said that.

Back to the topic now: I really wish I could come out for the open house!

If a man's brain is in his :censored: , where's a woman's?

Worst thing man ever did was build the stove upright.

EDIT: Don't tell my wife I said that.

Back to the topic now: I really wish I could come out for the open house!

Come on out Dig-It...perhaps we can "persuade" them to get your car done...TEXAS style :gang:

Well, if she'd cook anything that required something other than the use of the microwave, I might be so inclined as to take her up on getting the kitchen done...LOL Oh well, went and sprung for a new Fridge this weekend...that's a start...plus I told her it was going to cost her...at least the cost of the brake duct and light kit if I can get it at Quantum while I'm there!!! There's a method to my madness...which way did they go??? :P

If I remember correctly, Dig-It's SGT is awaiting C.A.R.B. certification for his GT/SC. I thought that his was the first '08 SGT Conv't that was going to have the Whipple on it. . . . . . . . I may be completely wrong - but that's what I've remembered about Dig-It's situation.

:fear: WHOA!! I'm not trying to start anything here or throw Quantum under both axles of the bus. . . . . . I called Quantum for a quote, they sent me the info, I called Quantum back to order everything or at least put the deposit down on all items to be completed last week - Quantum called SPP to confirm THEY could order the hood and that all other parts needed were available - called me back to advise of the green light - and I haven't heard anything back from them that there's a problem getting the parts. . . . . . . . The hood and painted stripes were the main reason for the trip. Open House being on that same weekend was a bonus!!

PIAA Driving Lights:....$219.95

GT Duct Bezels:...........149.95

Lwr Grille (Polished).......79.95

Labor:.........................4.0 Hrs

:spend::spend::spend:

I guess I've stumbled into a significant, ongoing discussion that I was not aware of people having a huge problem with.

I don't know what that means exactly. . . . . . does that mean that the Mod Shops can get the parts - but Mr. Joe Public can not yet????

This could be a possibility. . . . I believe there's a bracket that they have to custom manufacture at the Mod Shop for the lights to mount into the Bezel. . . . . . . . . . They may not have figured how to mass produce that bracket yet? Please don't quote me on that - this is all just speculation as I had mentioned in my previous note. If I'm wrong - I'll admit I'm wrong. . . . . . but Quantum hasn't called me back to tell me to forget about driving 1000 miles to their shop 2 weeks from now..................................... :blink:

ONLY a guess :shrug: and I'm drawing on a memory from a conversation I had with someone about their lower grille and lights when I first joined the Forum on the old site.

:surrender:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but here is what I just got this morning (5/20/2008) from Glenn Martini at Quantum Performance regarding the Brake Ducts/Driving Lights:

Hi Carl,

We received your inquiry regarding the SGT Driving Lights and Brake Duct Bezels.

They have indeed been backordered for a while now, and we have open orders waiting on these parts as well.

HA! That sucks - I'll have to inquire within - I guess it's not the end of the world if the drving lights and bezels aren't installed there. . .

The hood was the main reason for my trip down - the Open House just added to the justification for the trip.

HA! That sucks - I'll have to inquire within - I guess it's not the end of the world if the drving lights and bezels aren't installed there. . .

The hood was the main reason for my trip down - the Open House just added to the justification for the trip.

OK now I"m confused or something. I thought you said you were going to "avoid that whole hood scoop mess all together". So QP is actually doing the hood scoop fix?

Edit: Disregard :)...i failed to look at your signature again. Sorry, I usually pay those no attention.

I have confirmed the same findings on the lights/bezels - Q.P. was originally promised these items by end of month (May)

One of those "Open Orders" Glenn Martini was talking about was MY open order. . . . Hope the parts get there before I do!

When I get home from Cleveland this weekend, I'm going to stop in at my local Ford dealer to discuss the issue about the hood scoop.

There aren't too many SGTs up in MN - I know they are out there. My point is that the dealerships in my area probably don't even know there's a problem with the scoops on the SGT simply because there aren't that many of us who own them in MN.

As I'd mentioned before, I just don't have time to bother with the hood scoop mess - CS6 hood was one of the first things I wanted for mods when I got my SGT - now that plan is in motion.

I'm a little bummed now - but I'll survive! I guess it will give me a project once the parts are released. I can't imagine they are all that hard to install. AND frees up some $$$ for other things. . . . Fay's2 Watts Link or the darn wheels that I can't seem to make up my mind about!

So - who is actually planning to go to the Open House ??? I'm trying to keep track of who I might run into so I can be sure to say hello!

Kevin - I'll be sure to grab ya some photos of your SGT when I'm down there!

I have confirmed the same findings on the lights/bezels - Q.P. was originally promised these items by end of month (May)

One of those "Open Orders" Glenn Martini was talking about was MY open order. . . . Hope the parts get there before I do!

When I get home from Cleveland this weekend, I'm going to stop in at my local Ford dealer to discuss the issue about the hood scoop.

There aren't too many SGTs up in MN - I know they are out there. My point is that the dealerships in my area probably don't even know there's a problem with the scoops on the SGT simply because there aren't that many of us who own them in MN.

As I'd mentioned before, I just don't have time to bother with the hood scoop mess - CS6 hood was one of the first things I wanted for mods when I got my SGT - now that plan is in motion.

I'm a little bummed now - but I'll survive! I guess it will give me a project once the parts are released. I can't imagine they are all that hard to install. AND frees up some $$$ for other things. . . . Fay's2 Watts Link or the darn wheels that I can't seem to make up my mind about!

That's kind of why I would like to see QP fix the hood scoop issue. They would know how to do it right and thereby building experience on how to do it PROPERLY. I cringe at the thought of taking my car to a dealership for anything, especially body work.

So - who is actually planning to go to the Open House ??? I'm trying to keep track of who I might run into so I can be sure to say hello!

Kevin - I'll be sure to grab ya some photos of your SGT when I'm down there!

I'll be there for sure!!! Can't Wait! Hope to meet you in person along with a whole bunch of other SGT and GT500 owners!!!

BTW, are you experiencing hood scoop issues??? I noticed that your CSM number is in the 700's and mine is an 08 #235...KNOCK ON WOOD!!! SO FAR, I have not noticed anything unusual with the hood scoop...I'm keeping an eye on it, but if it starts, I'm sure I'll be looking for an alternative...but, I'm planning a Wipple S/C in the future, and I hear that they rub on the CS6 hoods in some places...so I'll have to keep watching that too....

BTW, are you experiencing hood scoop issues??? I noticed that your CSM number is in the 700's and mine is an 08 #235...KNOCK ON WOOD!!! SO FAR, I have not noticed anything unusual with the hood scoop...I'm keeping an eye on it, but if it starts, I'm sure I'll be looking for an alternative..........................

Yes - I am and have been experiencing some issues with the scoop! - I've posted about this in the infamous "Hood scoop saga continued...." thread and have mentioned it a bit here in this one. I also came across one asking about the CS6 hood to replace the bad scoop somewhere . . . . . ChipBeck does a great job of explaining exactly what my scoop does in his notes on the "Hood scoop saga continued"

The heat causes it to deform a bit, once it cools down - it goes back to a more normal shape. . . . . .. I think we're all going to see this issue arrise at some point in time. My scoop isn't that bad now but seems to be slowly getting worse with time in the sun and sitting on top of the super heated hood.

If I remember correctly, Dig-It's SGT is awaiting C.A.R.B. certification for his GT/SC. I thought that his was the first '08 SGT Conv't that was going to have the Whipple on it. . . . . . . . I may be completely wrong - but that's what I've remembered about Dig-It's situation.

Jumped ship again for the Kenne Bell.

Thanks in advance for the pics!

Jumped ship again for the Kenne Bell.

Thanks in advance for the pics!

Excellent Kevin! I'm kinda relying on you and Jim - Clark17357 - to inform me (all of us) of your impressions.

I must say - it looks like it would be really sharp under the hood!! Next year!

I'll talk to Josh when I get to Quantum - so I can be sure that he'll let me close to your car since mine will be in the shop for the hood.

You should PM me with your cell#

Trevor

:club: Next year for me! (maybe) Not you! :doh: That's too funny! I hope that you get your SGT back very soon!

Oh ok, gotcha!

Anyway, Kenny, Glenn and Josh are awesome folks! I wish I had a chance to meet them in person.

I will be there and will have my 2007 #649 in the late model section of the car show. If you want to see several of the SPP dress up parts installed stop by and take a look. I just put the new hood pins on last night and readjusted at 5:30 this morning. You know how right before you go to sleep your brain thinks about the days activities; mine reminded me to check and see if the inside hood release was activating after swapping the pins. Nope, had to readjust everything. I also had Quantum arrange with a local dealership to replace the hood scoop about a month and a half ago so if you have not had that done you can see one installed. Not the greatest solution in the world but a thousand times better than the original. No dips but I have noticed the slight rubbing of the stripes on the back corners about a quarter inch on each side. Anyways, welcome to Texas and see you there.

Robert

I hope that you get your SGT back very soon!

I need to get that thing out of there ASAP! Everyday it sits there, I think of more stuff to have them install on it. I'm sure Josh is sick of me calling as often as I do.

uote name='Dig-It' date='May 21 2008, 01:22 PM' post='436665']

I need to get that thing out of there ASAP! Everyday it sits there, I think of more stuff to have them install on it. I'm sure Josh is sick of me calling as often as I do.

Ok Dig-It enjoy the pics. I snapped these when our car club was at Quantum.

Adam

post-10594-1211420637.jpg

post-10594-1211420637.jpg

uote name='Dig-It' date='May 21 2008, 01:22 PM' post='436665']

Adam

See, That's just wrong!!! If/When I am able to get a supercharger, it's going to be an in one day, out the next day deal or it isn't getting done...I'll be darned if I'm going to leave my car somewhere waiting for weeks or months for something to be certified so it can be installed on my car...Just let me know what time to have it there AFTER everything is certified and in hand ready for installation...I'll pull it into a bay and you can start working on it before I even get out the door...OH, BTW, I'll be here by 5:00 PM tomorrow afternoon to pick it up! Thank You!

At least you've got the latitude right now to change your mind. . . . . . . what if they'd had the Whipple already installed on the car? Then, there would be no choice but to wait out the certification. Dig-It, I feel your pain man! I go through withdrawl for 3 weeks at a time until I get back home from work. . . . . . I can not imagine what this has been like for ya!

Adam

Thanks! That was very cool of you.

See, That's just wrong!!! If/When I am able to get a supercharger, it's going to be an in one day, out the next day deal or it isn't getting done...I'll be darned if I'm going to leave my car somewhere waiting for weeks or months for something to be certified so it can be installed on my car...Just let me know what time to have it there AFTER everything is certified and in hand ready for installation...I'll pull it into a bay and you can start working on it before I even get out the door...OH, BTW, I'll be here by 5:00 PM tomorrow afternoon to pick it up! Thank You!

Everyone has their own priorities. I wanted my SGT in a position where I was waiting on the supercharger companies rather than the other way around. I figured this way I could have the car completely finished the way I wanted it and enjoy it for the maximum amount of time possible during the eleven months in between deployments to Iraq. Things did't quite work out the way I planned with all the waiting, but in the end I know it will be worth it.

At least you've got the latitude right now to change your mind. . . . . . . what if they'd had the Whipple already installed on the car? Then, there would be no choice but to wait out the certification. Dig-It, I feel your pain man! I go through withdrawl for 3 weeks at a time until I get back home from work. . . . . . I can not imagine what this has been like for ya!

I'm glad that QP's professional enough not to paint me (and themselves) in a corner like that. I absolutely believe that the ends will more than justify the means.

Archived