TEAM SHELBY FORUM

hail damage saga continued...

fatboy

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can you show a picture of the back of the roof?

I ask because, again, good or bad, the standard precut stripes from SPP do not have enough length to wrap around the front windshield. They are cut to lay, with rounded corners, 1/4" from the front. At least that is my experience and as can be seen on anyones SGT.

+1 on that.

Fatboy, the car looks great in the pics. My only problem would be the stripes as shown from the rear where the trunk meets the rear bumper. If indeed Shelby has increased the width of the stripes then they should have replaced the bumper stripes front and rear to match the rest of the car. Although the front difference may not be as obvious due to the grill breaking it up I'm sure it's still noticeable. The rear, however just jumps out at you. It's a fairly simple fix. Make them replace the front and rear facia stripes. Otherwise it looks great and I'm sure you're glad to have it back.

Jim

Fatboy, the car looks great in the pics. My only problem would be the stripes as shown from the rear where the trunk meets the rear bumper. If indeed Shelby has increased the width of the stripes then they should have replaced the bumper stripes front and rear to match the rest of the car. Although the front difference may not be as obvious due to the grill breaking it up I'm sure it's still noticeable. The rear, however just jumps out at you. It's a fairly simple fix. Make them replace the front and rear facia stripes. Otherwise it looks great and I'm sure you're glad to have it back.

Jim

Awwww.....I missed that!

Ok...so here's another! AGAIN, unless something has changed, the rear deck lid stripes COME WITH THE LOWER FASCIA stripes included! When I ordered my rear trunk stripes the lower came with as a set. So...again, unless something has changed, if you order the stripes for the rear deck/trunk you get the lower fascia with them therefore they either have them, something changed, or.....

The stripes sets are, the best of my knowledge because I had to replace these:

Lower Front Fascia

Hood

Roof

Rear Deck/Lower Fascia

- All come in sets of 2 R/L sides

Lower Rocker Panel (no idea if these come in a set R/L, as I never had to order those)

Sorry if I seem overly sensitive about this but I have seen some BAD BAD BAD stripe jobs, including on my car where the dealer tried to pull a fast one on me, and I have had a dealer rip off stripes that were not right and buy new ones. It's not rocket science but laziness and people trying to make extra $$$$ due to the high cost of SPP stripes and the ability to make copies or buy regular silver stripes you can purchase for any mustang and it REALLY makes me angry. :banghead: As if you can't tell!

I ask because, again, good or bad, the standard precut stripes from SPP do not have enough length to wrap around the front windshield. They are cut to lay, with rounded corners, 1/4" from the front. At least that is my experience and as can be seen on anyones SGT.

"Usually" there is a gap of about 1/4" in the front. The stripes do wrap down under the rear window and why that is I don't know. I wanted my stripes to lay under the front but when my roof stripes were replaced the striper commented that it was unfortunate that the stripes didn't have the length to run under the front.

Again, if SPP has changed the stripes to allow for that GREAT! Otherwise these are not installed correctly or, say it aint so, not SPP stripes.

IMHO!

Apologies to anyone involved if I am shown wrong!

Ya'll probably remember when My roof stripes were damaged after driving in the rain. When they were replaced, stripes from SAI, they now wrap around the front and back of the roofline. See pic... Also, notice the placement of hood stripes (washer nozzles) after my latest hood scoop relpacement in May 08.

PrimeSteelcarshow08036.jpg

Scooppics017.jpg

Ya'll probably remember when My roof stripes were damaged after driving in the rain. When they were replaced, stripes from SAI, they now wrap around the front and back of the roofline. See pic... Also, notice the placement of hood stripes (washer nozzles) after my latest hood scoop relpacement in May 07.

My new stripes March 08 do not do that. Can you verify your stripes are 1" apart the entire length of the hood?

The rear deck is the real issue though. If the rear deck is SPP they need to be replaced.

ugh....my fears have been realized!?!?! :headscratch:

Unless there has been some change to the way these stripes are made these were installed WRONG. They used, against EVERYTHING we talked about, the washer nozzles as the points to align to. This is WRONG. They should have aligned the stripes from the center of the hood 1/2" out on each side. This is why the spacing between the stripes does not line up with the faux spacing on the scoop.

There should be, good or bad, right or wrong, a 1/8" or so gap between the washer nozzles and the edge of the stripes adjacent to it. I suspect that the gap between the stripes is greater than 1", if not..either SPP has changed the stripes or these are not stripes from SPP.

If SPP has changed the stripes I stand corrected but in any case they should have been installed using the center line of the hood, 1" apart.

accually the white strip on the scoop is not centered on the scoop and they never did line up with the original stripes either. thats why it looks cockeyed. i measured the spaceing of the hood stripes and they are one inch all the way. the new stripes are wider than the old ones so thats why they are halfway into the washer nozzles.

"Usually" there is a gap of about 1/4" in the front. The stripes do wrap down under the rear window and why that is I don't know. I wanted my stripes to lay under the front but when my roof stripes were replaced the striper commented that it was unfortunate that the stripes didn't have the length to run under the front.

Again, if SPP has changed the stripes to allow for that GREAT! Otherwise these are not installed correctly or, say it aint so, not SPP stripes.

IMHO!

Apologies to anyone involved if I am shown wrong!

the roof stripes are the full length of the roof they go all the way back and under the back glass. all the stripes are 1 inch apart from the tip of hood to the bottom of the trunk lid.

as far as the stripes on the bumpers i'm not goin to worry about it. the car has already been given character from the hail damage. i may change the stripes on the bumpers some other day with after market stripes that match the new SPP stripes. right now i just dont feel like leaving it at a shop probably ANOTHER 2 MONTHS just to restripe the bumpers.

at least the new stripes are better quality

post-10642-1221830464_thumb.jpg

post-10642-1221830464_thumb.jpg

accually the white strip on the scoop is not centered on the scoop and they never did line up with the original stripes either. thats why it looks cockeyed. i measured the spaceing of the hood stripes and they are one inch all the way. the new stripes are wider than the old ones so thats why they are halfway into the washer nozzles.

the roof stripes are the full length of the roof they go all the way back and under the back glass. all the stripes are 1 inch apart from the tip of hood to the bottom of the trunk lid.

as far as the stripes on the bumpers i'm not goin to worry about it. the car has already been given character from the hail damage. i may change the stripes on the bumpers some other day with after market stripes that match the new SPP stripes. right now i just dont feel like leaving it at a shop probably ANOTHER 2 MONTHS just to restripe the bumpers.

at least the new stripes are better quality

Ok, enough said...if you're happy I'm happy! :happy feet:

thanks for all the support. i'll have that awning set up over my driveway eventually.

till then i'm lookin into something i can put over the car or lay over it next time a storm comes. maybe i'll lay some foam egg crate cussions over it with bungie cords till i get an awning lol.

Archived