TEAM SHELBY FORUM

hail damage saga continued...

fatboy

Good Luck :)

Take everything out of your car that you value!

oops i left a jimi hendrix cd in it...but its just a copy

probably melt under the hot sun and ruin the stereo :drop:

i talked to them and they said the PDR guys can get the dents out but if they have to do any repainting or anything they will call me. oh and obviously the hood will be gone because its aluminum. thats being replaced.

i'm gettin withdraws now...i'm drivin the tundra and i keep using the invisible clutch and shifter with its nut. i miss my little nut. and i look out at the driveway and i see an empty space. :petting:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

ugh...

anyway, today i called and they are waiting for the hood and they had to repaint a door(wtf?) which means they have to replace the one of the side stripes but she said that if they have to replace the part with the Shelby lettering on the stripe they may have to get from Vegas which is a 6 to 8 week process.

they said they have a body shop in another town that could have the big Le Mans stripes put on if he can match it. but she says as far as the stripes goes its my call. i could let them take it to get restriped or i can take it myself. which i rather just let them handle it till its done.

like i said about the side stripes, she said if she had to have the stripe lettering portion replaced she would need to get that from Shelby in Vegas and would have to send off the vin#, the name of the owner(me) etc etc.(probably pictures too and the CSM# which she didnt mention) and it would take 6 to 8 weeks to get stripes.(?) does that sound right?

now i'm not sure if she said they have to send the car to vegas if they had to have vegas do it or get the stripes from them if they had to. i was so stunned from hearing about one of the doors having to be repainted i just kinda went mentally blank.

but i forgot to ask her how much of the car had to be repainted. but i can't believe they had to repaint a door? :blink: :drop:

i wonder if i should just tell them to get rid of all the stripes and just leave me with the shelby in a plain white wrapper....no wait...the scoop...i want the silver scoop back on. i'm used to seeing it on the hood. crap i guess i need stripes...the side stripes for sure i want re-done right. they said when the body work is done they will call me about how i want the stripes handled (which is a good thing i guess). if they remember to call me :wacko:

Where is your car getting the work done? That stinks man!

It's all good though, someone already backed into my challenger! It was only 7 days old and now the rear bumper needs repainted. It's going out on monday to get the work done.

well Randall Ford has the car right now.

ur challenger got hit already??? do u know who done it? geesh we cant have anything nice...if we drove some old POS junker it wouldn't even get touched...and even nature would be coming in with a hail storm and see some old junker and say, "Well 'F' that" and move on to another place instead to drop hail on.

Unless something has changed it's not a 6-8 week process to get stripes! Call Ford Racing yourself and you'll be given the straight scoop as to the process and wait time. I sure hope your dealer is not trying to make extra $$$ by claiming the expensive stripes and having cheap knock-offs made! Seriously call the warranty line and ask about the process to get stripes replaced that are damaged and what the turn around time is. When I had my accident they turned them around in 24 hours and overnighted.

BTW: You can get a new take off hood factory painted for $379!!!

http://newtakeoff.com/index.asp?PageAction...amp;ProdID=7837

Unless something has changed it's not a 6-8 week process to get stripes! Call Ford Racing yourself and you'll be given the straight scoop as to the process and wait time. I sure hope your dealer is not trying to make extra $$$ by claiming the expensive stripes and having cheap knock-offs made! Seriously call the warranty line and ask about the process to get stripes replaced that are damaged and what the turn around time is. When I had my accident they turned them around in 24 hours and overnighted.

BTW: You can get a new take off hood factory painted for $379!!!

http://newtakeoff.com/index.asp?PageAction...amp;ProdID=7837

did Shelby Autos get these stripes from Ford Racing? and what about the stripe lettering on the sides. are those already on there when u order the stripe kit?

i thought i had to contact SAI.

who do i need to contact to get the real stripe kit? or what is thier phone#?

did Shelby Autos get these stripes from Ford Racing? and what about the stripe lettering on the sides. are those already on there when u order the stripe kit?

i thought i had to contact SAI.

who do i need to contact to get the real stripe kit? or what is thier phone#?

Call: 1-800-367-3788

Explain your situation and ask what the process is. If they tell you to call Shelby then you call, not your dealer, and get the info direct from them.

If it takes two months to get stripes something is wrong...but in any case do not get knock offs. Even if you need to drive without them for awhile.

well Randall Ford has the car right now.

ur challenger got hit already??? do u know who done it? geesh we cant have anything nice...if we drove some old POS junker it wouldn't even get touched...and even nature would be coming in with a hail storm and see some old junker and say, "Well 'F' that" and move on to another place instead to drop hail on.

Yup some girl backed into it in a parking lot. Just something with me and Dodges lol. When I had my SRT4 I got backed into 2 weeks after I got it.

Mine's going to Classic Collision. They fixed my last car and do a great job. Thankfully no body work, just some paint.

ok here's the scoop(no pun intended)....

i went to look at my car and they couldnt use PDR because the dents were too deep or somethin. and they basically sanded down the dented areas and used body filler. the car had hail damage ALL OVER it...more than i thought. :o :cry: it was hideous. maybe another shop might have been better equipped for more extensive PDR work but i'll never know now.

if i could show this car now to the insurance adjuster that looked at it after the storm i could tell him TOTAL IT!!!! see all the hail damage now??!! :censored:

as far as the stripes...they would order them from Ford Racing but the stripes would have to be sent to Vegas to go through processing and documentation and they will need pictures of the car, vin#, photo of the CSM plaque. owner's name(me). etc etc.

thats the reason it may take 6 to 8 weeks. it has to go through Vegas' red tape for official documenting or whatever u call it...now the accual application of the stripes will be done here locally when the stripes get here from Vegas.

i guess this is correct because the guy at the dealership has been in contact with SAI (the warranty people at SAI) and Ford Racing and thats what they told him.

now the dealership told me that i dont have to go through Vegas and just try to get stripes somewhere else and have someone match them as good as they can and not have to wait as long. but i rather go through Vegas and have it done right.

i'm willing to drive around with a naked Shelby for 2 months and wait for the right stripes.

lucky #1381 :mellow: ....if this car's CSM# was 0013 then i would be REALLY concerned. :ohsnap:

if it werent a Shelby i would probably just do away with the stripes completely, but since it is i'm goin to be in it all the way

i should've bought that Jeep Wrangler instead (that i almost bought) :nonono::hysterical:

i hope i never have to go through this again...like many of u suggested, i been lookin in on a cover for a driveway to Shelter my car. at least if it storms while i'm at home it will be protected.

I hate to say it but I just left mine at the body shop and the dealer is saying he can't find anyone to do the stripes, they have an 07 black with silver and my 08 that they are replacing the front bumper do to a defect in the bumper :banghead:, I'm considering having the stripes painted on once I save enough to afford it. I still have the nasty hood stripe issue to be dealt with but I'm waiting on SAI to come up with a final fix before I go there :stirpot: but that is another storie!!! Sorry you are having such a bad time.

i'm just goin to go with the flow...i'm not goin to get a f :censored: ing ulcer over it

at least i'll get to drive it around for 2 months till they get the stripes sent from SAI with Shelby's stamp of approval.

and when i finally get the stripes in...i may just leave them off the car.

u should see the car now...they didnt even remove all the stripes completely when they sanded and bondoed the car..its like they just tore it away in some places. i may f :censored: ing sell this car in 3 years after i get it paid for and go across the street and buy a camaro.

i'm just goin to go with the flow...i'm not goin to get a f :censored: ing ulcer over it

at least i'll get to drive it around for 2 months till they get the stripes sent from SAI with Shelby's stamp of approval.

and when i finally get the stripes in...i may just leave them off the car.

u should see the car now...they didnt even remove all the stripes completely when they sanded and bondoed the car..its like they just tore it away in some places. i may f :censored: ing sell this car in 3 years after i get it paid for and go across the street and buy a camaro.

Fatboy. I smell a rat!!! I've had my hood and roof stripes replaced; two seperate claims. My dealer called the 1-800 number mentioned above and the longest I ever had to wait was 4 weeeks. My hood stripes arrived in 7 days!! I know your frustrated but, don't give up. Like mentioned before, I would call them myself. I wouldn't believe that story unless I heard it from the mouth of SAI with my own ears. Good Luck and hang in there.

ok, I....

Called Ford Racing: "The approval takes 24-36 hours and the stripes should arrive at the dealer within 5 business days".

Called Shelby Performance Parts: "We have 50 sets in stock and overnight them when the order comes in."

Six to eight weeks is (translated): "Shelby parts cost for full set around $900+, claim that amount on the insurance, then get a local strip company to make them cheap, then pocket the difference!" Good deal for the dealership, BAD deal for you.

ok, I....

Called Ford Racing: "The approval takes 24-36 hours and the stripes should arrive at the dealer within 5 business days".

Called Shelby Performance Parts: "We have 50 sets in stock and overnight them when the order comes in."

Six to eight weeks is (translated): "Shelby parts cost for full set around $900+, claim that amount on the insurance, then get a local strip company to make them cheap, then pocket the difference!" Good deal for the dealership, BAD deal for you.

Check out Columbo! :hysterical:

(good job Jeff!)

well i called the 1-800 #

and yeah they said it should only take about 5 days or so to deliver stripes after approval.

randall ford has called them before. i talk to the dealer but when i showed up they havent accually ordered the stripes. they've yet to take pictures and send them off with vin# etc. etc. to Ford Racing.

Ford racing guy on the phone told me to talk to my dealer monday about it because it shouldn't take 6 to 8 weeks to approve and ship.

i hope the dealer doesnt try to underhand me on this. because i want documentation and i want proof that the stripes that get put on my car are the right ones.

well i called the 1-800 #

and yeah they said it should only take about 5 days or so to deliver stripes after approval.

randall ford has called them before. i talk to the dealer but when i showed up they havent accually ordered the stripes. they've yet to take pictures and send them off with vin# etc. etc. to Ford Racing.

Ford racing guy on the phone told me to talk to my dealer monday about it because it shouldn't take 6 to 8 weeks to approve and ship.

i hope the dealer doesnt try to underhand me on this. because i want documentation and i want proof that the stripes that get put on my car are the right ones.

:)

ok how should i know for sure when the dealership recieves the stripes?

here is a future scenario that is going through my head:

i call Ford Racing, "yes we sent them and should be there in a week"

i call the dealer a week later and they say, "we havent recieved them yet"

i call the dealer 2 WEEKS LATER, "nope, no stripes yet"

3 WEEKS LATER "nope"

etc. etc.

clearly the dealer would probably be lying at this point and the stripes would probably already be there but what could i do? tell them, "screw you, i'm goin somewhere else and order stripes myself?" would Ford Racing give me a set of stripes after they already sent the dealer a set of stripes?

:shrug:

ok how should i know for sure when the dealership recieves the stripes?

here is a future scenario that is going through my head:

i call Ford Racing, "yes we sent them and should be there in a week"

i call the dealer a week later and they say, "we havent recieved them yet"

i call the dealer 2 WEEKS LATER, "nope, no stripes yet"

3 WEEKS LATER "nope"

etc. etc.

clearly the dealer would probably be lying at this point and the stripes would probably already be there but what could i do? tell them, "screw you, i'm goin somewhere else and order stripes myself?" would Ford Racing give me a set of stripes after they already sent the dealer a set of stripes?

:shrug:

Honestly, I would have already gone to another dealer. These guys have already lied to you on these stripes. Anyway, SAI ships the stripes "Next Day" FedEx. So if no stripes within 5-6 days call and verify shipment, ask SAI for the FedEx tracking number.

I suspect since you have called them out and let them know you have the phone numbers, and know who to call to verify the order and shipping, they won't mess with you on these anymore.

Honestly, I would have already gone to another dealer. These guys have already lied to you on these stripes. Anyway, SAI ships the stripes "Next Day" FedEx. So if no stripes within 5-6 days call and verify shipment, ask SAI for the FedEx tracking number.

I suspect since you have called them out and let them know you have the phone numbers, and know who to call to verify the order and shipping, they won't mess with you on these anymore.

they dont know that i've called SAI yet. but i will contact the dealer monday. they should have sent the photos to SAI by then if not i'll ask why. and i'll also tell them that i made the 800# call and they said approval takes only 24-36 hours and the stripes should arive in a week. and if they give me crap like,"well u must have talked to the wrong person".

i'll then say, "ok u get the car painted and the new hood installed and then i'll take the car and handle the stripes myself." i hope they dont screw up the paint job.

i should have contacted my insurance agent and told them i want NEW BODY PANNELS.

i wonder if my insurance has to be notified if i get someone else to do stripes? hmm i guess i got some phone work to do.

they dont know that i've called SAI yet. but i will contact the dealer monday. they should have sent the photos to SAI by then if not i'll ask why. and i'll also tell them that i made the 800# call and they said approval takes only 24-36 hours and the stripes should arive in a week. and if they give me crap like,"well u must have talked to the wrong person".

i'll then say, "ok u get the car painted and the new hood installed and then i'll take the car and handle the stripes myself." i hope they dont screw up the paint job.

i should have contacted my insurance agent and told them i want NEW BODY PANNELS.

i wonder if my insurance has to be notified if i get someone else to do stripes? hmm i guess i got some phone work to do.

This is how I handled a similar situation. When I found my dealer was being "less than frank" with me on the stripes. I told them that someone at Ford or SAI must be messing with them or lazy. That I called both Ford Racing and SAI to complain and was told there was no order for my stripes and that they will ship in 24-36 hours once they have what they need. I told my dealer that I didn't know of these people were incompetent or what but if he would put the order in again, listed all the things needed and the phone numbers, and I will personally call to confirm all the required paperwork is there and that they shipped. I don't want these silly people at Ford Racing or SAI to hold things up any more or give them the run around. I told them the guy at Ford Racing Jonathan is looking out for the order and has promised to push it through ASAP and is expecting my call. I told my dealer I guess this is the difference between a dealer calling and a customer.

Not the above tells the dealer you know how it works, you have talked to the right people, and you WILL verify the order and that things are done properly. We didn't call them liars as we still have work to do there but they are on notice and you have presented the info as if you think Ford or SAI is messed up. So we don't call them out but they know the next time we will.

Good luck! I would also still consider a new-take off hood rather than using the hood they filled.

Lasty...MAKE SURE THEY UNDERSTAND THE STRIPES ARE 1" APART!!!!! AGAIN 1" APART!!!!

This is hard to do and I wish I had a $1 for every restriped SGT that had hood stripes replaced and came back 1.5" apart.

This has really taken way too long.

I had a rear deck lid stripe issue. Went to the dealer. They took a picture on the spot, called Ford Racing and e-mailed the photo's. I left and went home. Later that same day I received a call from the dealer that I would have new stripes. 2 days later I received the call from the dealer that the stripes arrived.

So apparently they may have not followed the correct procedure. :shrug:

well like i said i'm goin down there monday and get them on the ball.

and another thing. my car isnt painted yet. and they had it sittin outside friday. and now its been raining over the weekend and i wonder if bondo will ruin if sitting in the rain. i hope they have it in the garage.

well like i said i'm goin down there monday and get them on the ball.

and another thing. my car isnt painted yet. and they had it sittin outside friday. and now its been raining over the weekend and i wonder if bondo will ruin if sitting in the rain. i hope they have it in the garage.

I am sorry for your troubles. I hope you get your SGT back, repaired properly and looking good as new.

they never call me for anything...and when i went down there to talk to them... they said they were waiting on me to decide on what to do on the stripes. :blink:

and also before they did work on the body i told them to CALL ME if they cant get the dents out with PDR method...they never called. so i call one day nearly 3 weeks after dropping off the car. they already bondoed every single dent. and they are waiting on the hood replacement to come in. why cant they paint the car now? there are exposed metal on that car and will get rust spots. hope they remove what rust accumulates before they paint it. right now its raining and the car is probably still sitting outside in all its naked glory where they left it. i'm goin over that car REAL GOOD before i drive off with it...and if i dont like what i see i'm goin to get REALLY ugly.

Archived