TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FORD when will the BOSS is introduced ????????

1970boss302

Does anyone with Ford know when the Boss model will be introduced ????????

I could tell ya but then I'd have to shoot ya :)

Actually, I don't work for Ford and don't have any official info, but I was told by someone who works at Ford (don't know in what capacity) that the Boss project is on track and that it will be the next flavor-of-the-year on the S197 -- no specifics. Ford is doing a good job (too good ;-) keeping this one under wraps -- probably until winter (just my guess). I say that because I don't think they want to canabalize GT500 sales until the cold weather does that anyway, and the Shelby GT starts shipping in January, so doub't we'll hear much specific until after around then, dunno.

I could tell ya but then I'd have to shoot ya :)

Actually, I don't work for Ford and don't have any official info, but I was told by someone who works at Ford (don't know in what capacity) that the Boss project is on track and that it will be the next flavor-of-the-year on the S197 -- no specifics. Ford is doing a good job (too good ;-) keeping this one under wraps -- probably until winter (just my guess). I say that because I don't think they want to canabalize GT500 sales until the cold weather does that anyway, and the Shelby GT starts shipping in January, so doub't we'll hear much specific until after around then, dunno.

I certainly think Dan is right on track, we should start seeing details on the new Boss emerge during the winter show season. According to other sources on this site, the Boss was actually developed before the GT500 so I think it's safe to assume the development is nearing the final stages. As Dan said, nothing official - yet.

Archived