TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Aluminator

I am not very familiar with the Ford family of modular engines, but IMO, the aluminator would make a very nice street rod motor.

Is there a comprehensive, "easy to obtain" list of stock or what ever pieces and/or parts that bolt on to the aluminator long block for

a complete plug and play engine assembly?

I guess a GT500 crate engine could be an alternative plan!

Thanks!

John

95698771.jpg

95698797.jpg

Ok...so it's just a direct replacement for an '03-'04 SVT Cobra engine.....maybe I can

find a used/wrecked/blown donor engine for all of the pieces and parts.

Ford racing said that they would eventually release an engine kit to make it even easier.

Sorry......in the past, I've always used Chevy engines.......never mind! :P

John

Would be a nice engine for in the Bullitt..........if it came complete! Oh well Bullitt is satying stock.

I agree....that would be nice!

I'm seriously considering an Aluminator and a T56 for my '56 Chevy post with a C4 chassis that I am

currently building......I'm tired of the same old combinations and it would either

please and/or piss off both of the chevy and ford camps....that's OK! :P

In any case.....I just love the smooth performance of the supercharged GT500 motor

and a slightly smaller/lighter version would be a nice engine for my approximately

3400 pound Chevy!

John

The "Aluminator" comes in many flavors: short block & long block. The Long blocks come in 2V, 3V, and 4V DOHC configurations. They come with a low compression ratio for blown applications and high compression ratio for NA applications. That's part of the beauty, you can get a 4.6 aluminum block with strong 4 bolt main caps, H beam rods, and tough pistons in just about any configuration you want from Ford at a reasonable price. Add a 60 pound weight saving over the cast iron blocks and you have a winner - The Aluminator!

This months Muscle Mustang and Fast Fords has a nice article on them.

Speaking of pieces and parts:

Here is a cobra motor that's never been in a car.........cool!

Heck........I could just put that one in and build an Aluminator at a later date.

Brand New

Here is yet another parts donor candidate:

Donor 2

John

Wow what a deal on that new cobra engine, sure is tempting!

• 3 months later...

Archived