TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tire noise

rcrist

No exhaust noise let off throttle and still there. Exhaust drowns it out some. Bearing type noise that increases with road speed no change if under a load or not. Only 3800 miles on car had rearend gears change by Ford to 3.73 about 2000 miles ago. noise goes away at higher speeds. Suspect tires. When I have time I will jack it up and find out if tires or not. Just wanted to no if anyone else has this.

• 2 weeks later...
No exhaust noise let off throttle and still there. Exhaust drowns it out some. Bearing type noise that increases with road speed no change if under a load or not. Only 3800 miles on car had rearend gears change by Ford to 3.73 about 2000 miles ago. noise goes away at higher speeds. Suspect tires. When I have time I will jack it up and find out if tires or not. Just wanted to no if anyone else has this.

I seem to have more low speed impact noise than I would think is normal, but I have nothing to base this on. Just seems like at slow speeds, it sounds like something is loose, and seems to come from all corners. Is everybody elses super quite over slow speed bumps, or do you hear impact noise come thru to the interior???

Good-Year "STUPID"car tires are some of the hardest, noisiest, sadest excuses for performance tires that roll out of american production facilities.....Chevrolet and Ford should be embarresed for selling Z06 Vette's and GT500's with these tires as OE equipment! :slapfight:

I think 4 cinder blocks would ride better, and quieter than these tires....First thing I did when I got my Z06 home from Bowling Green, was to replace the Supercars with some Toyo Proxes T1-s tires....best thing I could have done.....good chance I will do the same thing with the GT500 when it gets here too.....

& yes that is my honest oppinion! :redcard:

Archived