TEAM SHELBY FORUM

White Super Snake Expedition

Sorry everyone I can't seem to be able to use my new video camera on my movie making program. So only pictures for now. I just put up a few more.

Hope you all enjoy them let me know if there is anything you want a shot of. As far as comments on the differences between a 500 and SS I'll let you all know after I get it on track next month. But for the few miles and burnouts done already not to mention the looks its more then I had hoped for. There is only about 1 inch between the rear end and the frame bushing. Any real bump in the road it will bang. But thats to be expected. I did have the oil pressure alarm go off from to much brake then to much throttle and then brake. Must have been pretty hard for the pump to find any oil. It hasn't taken as long as I thought to learn to drive it. It is still well mannered if you are very slow on the throttle. First is not really needed, it is a bit to go slow in first with the clutch out. I just use 2nd and clutch a little more. Thanks Again for all the great comments on the Snake delivery. These have all become very special events for every Deliver. I don't think that will change for some time to come.

Sorry everyone I can't seem to be able to use my new video camera on my movie making program. So only pictures for now. I just put up a few more.

Hope you all enjoy them let me know if there is anything you want a shot of. As far as comments on the differences between a 500 and SS I'll let you all know after I get it on track next month. But for the few miles and burnouts done already not to mention the looks its more then I had hoped for. There is only about 1 inch between the rear end and the frame bushing. Any real bump in the road it will bang. But thats to be expected. I did have the oil pressure alarm go off from to much brake then to much throttle and then brake. Must have been pretty hard for the pump to find any oil. It hasn't taken as long as I thought to learn to drive it. It is still well mannered if you are very slow on the throttle. First is not really needed, it is a bit to go slow in first with the clutch out. I just use 2nd and clutch a little more. Thanks Again for all the great comments on the Snake delivery. These have all become very special events for every Deliver. I don't think that will change for some time to come.

Nice, thanks for the tease.

JAS - Are you crazy - You let the Shelby girls lean on your Super Snake, man.

What if they had grease on their hands from burgers or fries !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You gotta be more careful, Dude.

JAS - Are you crazy - You let the Shelby girls lean on your Super Snake, man.

What if they had grease on their hands from burgers or fries !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You gotta be more careful, Dude.

Thanks I'll try to remember that, and to tell everyone at Sebring next month not to throw any rocks or rubber my way. The burger grease is much easier to clean.

Nice pics. Just a question, do many people that you encountered know what it was? Can't wait for my call.

Woot Woot!! I am the "Go to girl"! :) :happy feet: :dance:

Thanks again John! I enjoy so much getting to meet and interact with everyone! Glad to hear you love the car-Yours has to be one of my favorites-The white with Black is pretty sweet!!!!!

Thanks I'll try to remember that, and to tell everyone at Sebring next month not to throw any rocks or rubber my way. The burger grease is much easier to clean.

Ahhh yes, a man after my own heart! :superhero:

I just knew you wouldn't put yours in a time capsule :shift::shift::shift:

One question for you: Any chance of seeing you at Tulsa for this year's meet? I'ld love to get some driving tips from you.........................................Oh yeah and see your car in action too! :hysterical:

Thanks for posting the pics.

Arent they AWESOME to drive!!!!!!!!!!

michael morris

You got that Right. But I have to tell you after bringing the car home my neighbors came over to see the car and began helping me clean the trailer unload the parts and clean the truck. I told them after a while that I could do the rest and both of them said they didn't mind as long as they car look at the Super Snake they would work all day. It doesn't get much better then that.

Thanks for posting the pics.

Arent they AWESOME to drive!!!!!!!!!!

michael morris

You got that Right. But I have to tell you after bringing the car home my neighbors came over to see the car and began helping me clean the trailer unload the parts and clean the truck. I told them after a while that I could do the rest and both of them said they didn't mind as long as they car look at the Super Snake they would work all day. It doesn't get much better then that.

JAS

I think you need to correct your signature information now that you have an SS.

Also, is there a transposition on the GTA - isn't it a 428 cu in or not in your case ?

Thanks

Bob

Ahhh yes, a man after my own heart268']! :superhero:

I just knew you wouldn't put yours in a time capsule :shift::shift::shift:

One question for you: Any chance of seeing you at Tulsa for this year's meet? I'd love to get some driving tips from you.........................................Oh yeah and see your car in action too! :hysterical:

This year is already planed. Sebring next month then Homestead and Moroso then back to Sebring next is Daytona and maybe the Texas Mile. Not much left for anything else. Check out my Videos as a GT 500, hope to do the same with the Snake. As far as tips only brake going straight, the F1 tires at 34lbs cold, good DOT4 brake fluid, any good pads will do, most after market are better and cheaper then stock. It takes some driving before the tires heat up the rear wants to come around its really well controlled with the throttle just lift a little and it falls back in line. Don't try any drifting unless you want to go off track. If you track hard for 10 mins or more you will need a better charge air cooler. This made a night and day difference after 4 laps at Sebring the power just goes away. I have a single pass cooler from Steeda it works fine. It will take some getting use to the stock suspension if thats what your running. Don't let all the jumping around get to you the car will go where you put it. My Snake has 10,000 miles on it at least 5000 to 6000 track miles. I ran over 500 miles at Daytona in 3 days. Most track days I would run 150-200 miles a day. My rotors were cracked, 4th set of pads gone, and 2nd set of tires done, not to mention all my sway bar bushings fell apart when they took them off for the SS package. The rear end will blow oil out at speed for any length of time. I took the cap off and ran a hose up to the body with a turn down works fine. But Daytona still burnt the oil just check and change. Sorry for the long post.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Jasit390

JAS

I think you need to correct your signature information now that you have an SS.

Also, is there a transposition on the GTA - isn't it a 428 cu in or not in your case ?

Thanks

Bob

Thanks Bob

I didn't think about my signature. As for my GTAs they are both S code cars which makes them 390ci, 335HP. The mustang has a 428 with Edelbrock heads, 427 aluminum low riser intake with factory exhaust all painted and looks totally stock. Runs 13.20s with 4.11 gears and 13.80s with 3.50 gear. Fairlane runs 11.30s on pump gas, pulls the wheels 3 to 6 inches. I drive it to the track it is a bored and stroked 427 out of a boat. I really need to go drive my Snake now!! I'll try to get my videos working so you can see some action.

John

Archived