TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07 GT-500 possible purchase

JeffWS

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum, so be gentle.

I have the chance to buy an 07 GT-500 coupe with less than 1000 miles for $35K.

This appears to be a great deal, but is there anything I need to look for on the car? I had a 03 Mach 1 that had many issues I wish I knew prior to buying the car. I have read something about the early GT-500 cars that were built. Were there any issues that I need to look for?

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi everyone,

This appears to be a great deal, but is there anything I need to look for on the car? I had a 03 Mach 1 that had many issues I wish I knew prior to buying the car. I have read something about the early GT-500 cars that were built. Were there any issues that I need to look for?

Thanks,

Jeff

Transmission probs on 07's but thats all coverd by warranty, I owned an 03 Mach 1 and there is no comparison to the GT500, the Shelby is twice the car the Mach was.

Welcome aboard..... go buy it at that price, you can't go wrong.

Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff,

Welcome to the forum. I suggest you test drive, bring it your mechanic, car fax it, and if it is clear, buy it. If you decide not to purchase it, pm me, I may be interested if it is the right color.

Jeff,

Welcome to the forum. I suggest you test drive, bring it your mechanic, car fax it, and if it is clear, buy it. If you decide not to purchase it, pm me, I may be interested if it is the right color.

Also have a body shop take a look at it to see if there was ever any repairs on it. I had a deal to buy a 07 last year for 41K but the car came with factory stripes that had been removed and it made some strange noises. So I think it had been him and gotten fixed. Not everything gets reported to carfax. It depends on the shop and insurance who does the work.

There's been some who have had issues with one or more coolant hose clamps where coolant would spray all over the engine bay at temperature.

There is also a recent recall in effect for re-programming the passenger side airbag.

Suggest obtaining any maintenance records; shouldn't be too many with 1000 miles.

See if the oil was changed; if not I would suggest changing it soon after you purchase.

Good luck, it's an awesome car.

Archived