TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby Article, June 2008 Hot Rod Magazine

shelbymotorsports

The June 2008 issue of Hot Rod magazine has an 8 page article titled "In Their Own Words, Carroll Shelby" where the author sits down with Carroll, throws a bunch of photos in front of him and turns on the recorder. Cool pics and the comments by Carroll show just how sharp his mind is still.

This issue of Hot Rod also has a great article on the 2008 Shelby Terlingua written by Rick Titus whos father Jerry Titus was one of Carrolls drivers in the 1960's.

Check it out at your local news stand.

Steve

I wonder if the reporter threw down pictures of Carroll's 07 and 08 SGT hood scoops and what comments Carroll had on them and this subject????

:worm:

When a negitive comment is made, that's OK. Issues come up. Issues will get resolved. Not always to the timeline that we expect. Such is life.

It is not neccesary to pile on the negitive bandwagon after a negitive comment is made. I am advocating to try to turn this negitivity around. My mom used to tell me and my brothers "If you don't have anything nice to say....don't say it at all". Let's all see if we can try a positive approach. :)

This is home for me and many others. Lets make it better and help SAI be better at what they do. That will make it a win win situation for all of us.

When a negitive comment is made, that's OK. Issues come up. Issues will get resolved. Not always to the timeline that we expect. Such is life.

It is not neccesary to pile on the negitive bandwagon after a negitive comment is made. I am advocating to try to turn this negitivity around. My mom used to tell me and my brothers "If you don't have anything nice to say....don't say it at all". Let's all see if we can try a positive approach. :)

This is home for me and many others. Lets make it better and help SAI be better at what they do. That will make it a win win situation for all of us.

Your right Grabber. I'm sorry for what I said, and by the way it was a JOKE. But your mom is right, so I don't have nothing nice to say about the hood scoop so I and everyone else should be hush hush and pretend it's not happing. :backtotopic:

Great advice Rob, my mother used to say the same thing too. LOL

Your right Grabber. I'm sorry for what I said, and by the way it was a JOKE. But your mom is right, so I don't have nothing nice to say about the hood scoop so I and everyone else should be hush hush and pretend it's not happing. :backtotopic:

I am not asking anyone to bury their head in the sand. Sorry if I came accross that way.

My Mom said to be your own person and not to blindly follow others.

But she also made me eat brussel sprouts, and I HATE brussel sprouts.

Maybe Mom wasn't always right, but she made us be believers in ourselves.

Mom's rock.

:happy feet:

The June 2008 issue of Hot Rod magazine has an 8 page article titled "In Their Own Words, Carroll Shelby" where the author sits down with Carroll, throws a bunch of photos in front of him and turns on the recorder. Cool pics and the comments by Carroll show just how sharp his mind is still.

This issue of Hot Rod also has a great article on the 2008 Shelby Terlingua written by Rick Titus whos father Jerry Titus was one of Carrolls drivers in the 1960's.

Check it out at your local news stand.

Steve

Thanks Steve! Getting two. One to read and one to save.

• 2 weeks later...

+1 On that

Mr S, how do we know? The history of the Coupe has been very well documented by many people and organizations since the day it was first built. Exact times, dates of it's construction data, road testing data, date of creation, date of first race, wins/losses are all readily available. There are no mysteries concerning the performance of the Coupe, no major modifications were done following it's initial creation, ever.

The first track testing of the Coupe was on Feb 1st, it's first race was Feb 16th. Thats a VERY short time frame from the first track test to the first race, virtually unheard of with a new race car.

"The Cobra-Ferrari Wars", book by Mike Shoen, P. 86:

“On February 1, Miles took the unpainted car to Riverside and astounded himself by hitting 180 mph on the long straight-19mph faster than the competition roadster. Miles reported that the car handles better and felt more stable.” 180 mph, right out of the garage, day one, and stable, with a new car. Amazing!

Archived