TEAM SHELBY FORUM

does the 40th change the Horse power

my car is at SAI now for the 40th anniversary package and I was wondering if this package will change the tuning of the car (add more hp or change the govner). To the guys that have their 40th back, what do you think? and what does the floor mats look like?

thanks B)

my car is at SAI now for the 40th anniversary package and I was wondering if this package will change the tuning of the car (add more hp or change the govner). To the guys that have their 40th back, what do you think? and what does the floor mats look like?

thanks B)

The 40th does not change the tune unless you specifically go with the SS upgrade also. If you want increased HP, go to evolution and JLT for a stage 1 or 2. Floor mats are very nice on the 40th, you'll enjoy them.

thanks B)

Floor mats are killer. If you are going to keep your car JLT or Evolution will be much quicker turn around and it will give you all the performance you want or can handle. If you want to keep the Shelby pedigree pure then you have no choice but to go with the SS performance upgrades. Unfortunately, you have to stand in line again if you didn't notify them before they started your 40th package. 605 HP is crazy and 725 HP is insane.

I am biased, to the 40th Anniversary package. It will be a lower production run than many of the other Shelby cars and packages so I went with the SAI stuff for the long term. It's fun having a 40th "Sneaky Snake". Like the Beach Boys sing in "Little duce coupe", "You don't know what I've got".

Floor mats are killer. If you are going to keep your car JLT or Evolution will be much quicker turn around and it will give you all the performance you want or can handle. If you want to keep the Shelby pedigree pure then you have no choice but to go with the SS performance upgrades. Unfortunately, you have to stand in line again if you didn't notify them before they started your 40th package. 605 HP is crazy and 725 HP is insane.

I am biased, to the 40th Anniversary package. It will be a lower production run than many of the other Shelby cars and packages so I went with the SAI stuff for the long term. It's fun having a 40th "Sneaky Snake". Like the Beach Boys sing in "Little duce coupe", "You don't know what I've got".

Hi Don;

Got a chance to drive my Sneaky Snake 605hp 40th Vert. All i can say is holy s%^t. It is awesome.

I got the word from Bud that my car was the first 40th Vert to get the 605 hp! Kinda cool being first on the list! Tony's vert was second.

In any case my car has it's own hanger and I am the only one with a key! Safe and sound with a battery minder attached.

Mike

Don

I had my 40th done in July 07,first vert done.It may have a slight HP increase just because of the Borla's installed.They are supposed to increase HP.I just finished the stage 2 on my car.Dyno is 573.649 RWHP.Its crazy.That is 716 HP at flywheel which is about the same as the SS which is rated at 725 HP at the flywheel or 580 RWHP.Good luck with the car.

Kevin

Don

I had my 40th done in July 07,first vert done.It may have a slight HP increase just because of the Borla's installed.They are supposed to increase HP.I just finished the stage 2 on my car.Dyno is 573.649 RWHP.Its crazy.That is 716 HP at flywheel which is about the same as the SS which is rated at 725 HP at the flywheel or 580 RWHP.Good luck with the car.

Kevin

Kevin,

Congratulations. When Oasis comes out, you will be able to determine you actual build number. You should be one of the first 40th's completed. Mike and I were in the group of 15. My car was completed on October 2nd, and I believe I was the last of the 15 to be done. I think JW told me that I was 31 or 32.

How does she drive?

Hi Don;

Got a chance to drive my Sneaky Snake 605hp 40th Vert. All i can say is holy s%^t. It is awesome.

I got the word from Bud that my car was the first 40th Vert to get the 605 hp! Kinda cool being first on the list! Tony's vert was second.

In any case my car has it's own hanger and I am the only one with a key! Safe and sound with a battery minder attached.

Mike

Mike,

You definately have the set up. BTW, I'm going to go with a featherlite trailer which puts the total weight at about 7,500 lbs, which means that I can pull it with my half ton F150.

Congratulations. When Oasis comes out, you will be able to determine you actual build number. You should be one of the first 40th's completed. Mike and I were in the group of 15. My car was completed on October 2nd, and I believe I was the last of the 15 to be done. I think JW told me that I was 31 or 32.

How does she drive?

She drives great,except for I am always challanged to street race by some jerk every time I go for a ride,yesterday it was an old pickup.I do not know anything about the Oasis program.I hope I am listed somewhere.Back in Jan.07 I shipped my car to Vegas to do 40TH package.My number was 230 so I figured I would just wait.JW said they got sick of looking at my car there and was gonna be lucky and be in the first batch of 5 done in June 07 after they got all the parts,that was the holdup and still is to some extent.I was the only Vert there.So JW said it was the first vert done besides the concept.I did not get the 605 HP package.Being in the first group done has its downfalls being there were not any other options to choose from unless you wanted to wait.So I did the basic 40th package and figured I would do more mods at home.I am really enjoying the car and It was chosen by CJ pony parts for their callender.I am Sept 2008.That was pretty cool.I brought to Tasca in Aug .last year Hope to make the show this year.

Kevin

Mike,

You definately have the set up. BTW, I'm going to go with a featherlite trailer which puts the total weight at about 7,500 lbs, which means that I can pull it with my half ton F150.

I've been rolling the trailer idea around in my head, but haven't acted on it. I have a 2005 F-150 with the 5.4L. Haven't looked up the towing specs yet. Can you give me some details on the trailer, and how much?

Shipping is expensive, plus all the trouble people are having getting parts back. The other problem I see is that when I pick up the car after modifications, I have to stop and let the rear end gears cool before driving again. A number of times. This will add serious time getting home.

Someone posted that they towed their car to SAI, then rented storage in Vegas for their trailer while waiting. That sounds like it might be a better plan... :confused:

I've been rolling the trailer idea around in my head, but haven't acted on it. I have a 2005 F-150 with the 5.4L. Haven't looked up the towing specs yet. Can you give me some details on the trailer, and how much?

Vogon,

Featherlite is a great trailer, but they are a little pricy. They do have excellent resale value so when you sell it, you will have minimal loss on your original investment. I've already spent well over a grand renting UHaul trailers to haul my car around. I'll be ordering one in the next 30 days or so.

I think the gross weight of a 24 foot enclosed Featherlite is around 3300 lbs which is 700 or 800 lbs less than the Pace, Wells Cargo, etc.

I have the same 2005 F-150 5.4 with 3.55 gears and towing package. All my research says that this ticket will work. I really don't want to go with the three quarter ton truck just to pull my car.

I rented a car hauler from UHaul in Vegas and loaded my parts in my pick-up super crew. It worked great and all my parts were there when I got home. There probably won't be a great cost savings by doing it yourself, but I'm sure there will be several hundred dollars worth and the peace of mind that you get all your stuff.

Vogon,

Featherlite is a great trailer, but they are a little pricy. They do have excellent resale value so when you sell it, you will have minimal loss on your original investment. I've already spent well over a grand renting UHaul trailers to haul my car around. I'll be ordering one in the next 30 days or so.

I think the gross weight of a 24 foot enclosed Featherlite is around 3300 lbs which is 700 or 800 lbs less than the Pace, Wells Cargo, etc.

I have the same 2005 F-150 5.4 with 3.55 gears and towing package. All my research says that this ticket will work. I really don't want to go with the three quarter ton truck just to pull my car.

I rented a car hauler from UHaul in Vegas and loaded my parts in my pick-up super crew. It worked great and all my parts were there when I got home. There probably won't be a great cost savings by doing it yourself, but I'm sure there will be several hundred dollars worth and the peace of mind that you get all your stuff.

Thanks. I don't like the idea of renting, if it's something I'll need again. I just don't know how much I'll use it though. If (when) I go to any car shows, I'd like to drive it, rather than turn it into a trailer queen. But these things are pricey, here's a local search:

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detaili...gno=1&srt=1

Maybe it's like cars, cheaper on the US side. Time to start searching, i guess. Thanks again for sharing your experience...

Thanks. I don't like the idea of renting, if it's something I'll need again. I just don't know how much I'll use it though. If (when) I go to any car shows, I'd like to drive it, rather than turn it into a trailer queen. But these things are pricey, here's a local search:

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detaili...gno=1&srt=1

Maybe it's like cars, cheaper on the US side. Time to start searching, i guess. Thanks again for sharing your experience...

Hello vogon, I am an authorized Featherlite, Haulmark and Exiss dealer in Albuquerque and Phoenix. Cobrafan is correct in that the resale is better with Featherlite. The difference in weight between a 24' Featherlite (model #4926=3530#) and a 24' Haulmark (model #TSR=3380#)is actually incremental (those weights were taken directly off of the M.S.O.'s). For many of my customers buying a trailer, using it for a one time haul and then selling it when they get home only makes sense with a less costly version of a Haulmark trailer. Featherlite trailers are designed for the long term and lots of miles. I am transporting my car to S.A.I. in a trailer and then leaving it there at theyre storage lot for free. I hope this helps. Mark

Hello vogon, I am an authorized Featherlite, Haulmark and Exiss dealer in Albuquerque and Phoenix. Cobrafan is correct in that the resale is better with Featherlite. The difference in weight between a 24' Featherlite (model #4926=3530#) and a 24' Haulmark (model #TSR=3380#)is actually incremental (those weights were taken directly off of the M.S.O.'s). For many of my customers buying a trailer, using it for a one time haul and then selling it when they get home only makes sense with a less costly version of a Haulmark trailer. Featherlite trailers are designed for the long term and lots of miles. I am transporting my car to S.A.I. in a trailer and then leaving it there at theyre storage lot for free. I hope this helps. Mark

You're a fair ways away, but just for reference, what do they list for? And do you get used ones back on the lot? Any of your customers using the F-150 Supercrew to haul it?

Thanks for the info.

You're a fair ways away, but just for reference, what do they list for? And do you get used ones back on the lot? Any of your customers using the F-150 Supercrew to haul it?

Thanks for the info.

Vogon, you can access that information by clicking on this link, http://www.actiontrailerdepot.com/trailers.php. Please feel free to email me directly for more information. I have a good friend that has a dealership in Red Deer, Alberta, perhaps he can assist you with your trailer needs. Mark

Archived