TEAM SHELBY FORUM

#40 Is Home Safe and Sound

I made it back to Michigan Saturday night with #40.No problems at all.Ran into some rain which really sucked.I was out enjoying the heck out of it yesterday.I will post up some pics when I get home from work tonight.I think it looks pretty mean with the windows tinted.

James

Jeff,

I had Steve send it out to a shop down there in Indiana.It was all done before I ever got there.They did 30% all the way around.from 5 to 10ft away they look blacked out.Up close you can see through ok.It makes it look alot tougher in my opinion,and it's a reversable modification.I don't think it's dark enough that I will get harassed by the cops either.The car is in really nice condition.It has a few blems on it but it is to be expected given the nature of our cars.I took my whole family for a ride yesterday.My wife liked it and my 1 year old daugther just smiled when I twisted the key and it grumbled to life.(I think she's going to be my little garage rat / Mustang Girl). On the ride, I canned my daughters eyes got about 6 inches around when the car started talking and just smiled.Life is good. I love it.

James

Thanks Harald,

I need to Give Jeff J a call.He said he would get me all the info I need to contact Hertz for my paperwork.

I would like to get that stuff on it's way.I am going to start a folder with all my paperwork and documentation.It is such a joy to finally own one.I always thought one of these cars would be out of reach for me.

James

James, You are really going to enjoy this car. I've had 417 since Sept '07 and it still puts a smile on my face everytime I get in it. I love the way people go out of their way to look at the car. There is really nothing like it on the road. ENJOY!

Stephen

congrats on car #40!! i live in orlando and was talking with a salesperson at expressway ford

about car#40 around christmas. we had an excellent deal worked out, but the company that

i worked for closed, so i couldn't do anything at that time. looks like a great car and i'm sure that

you'll enjoy it. 40 is a great low number and, 2006 was the 40th anniversary of the 1966 hertz,

so to have the 2006 gth #40 is pretty neat.

z

Now I feel really stupid. I knew it was the 40th anniversary and I knew my car was #40. I guess I just was'nt smart enough to put 2 and 2 together. :banghead: Well I also know now that there were at least 3 deals worked on this particular car. Woolz, The guy who supposedly bought it from N.J. and registered it before delivery (Giving me some headaches), and me.I wonder how many deals there were all together?? Who was the salesperson you were dealing with on it??

James

Archived