TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fascia paint Flat black?

Stock it should actually be unpainted. Most that I've seen, including mine, have since been painted, usually gloss by the dealers that have redone them. Flat would probably be better than gloss, but unpainted is what it should be. This is only in the middle portion, where the opening is, the sides are gloss, all the way down.

EDIT: ok detract above statement, I found more pictures of 100 that I rented where I was the second renter, it was glossy. See below posts, looks like we will need an answer from folks at SAI, not sure if this was changed somewhere in the line or if there are inconsistencies.

Stock it should actually be unpainted. Most that I've seen, including mine, have since been painted, usually gloss by the dealers that have redone them. Flat would probably be better than gloss, but unpainted is what it should be. This is only in the middle portion, where the opening is, the sides are gloss, all the way down.

Seems to vary........if you review the "gallery" of photos on the www.shelbyauto.com site there are several photos under GT-H "first look" and "first production car" where fascia is painted gloss bleck. Several photos in trade magazines also show fascia painted.......BUT not all photos............On the 2007 GT-H verts the center section. like the 08's, is not painted.

Ok, we need a ruling. I've sent an e-mail to Bud to see if we can get an answer. Here's a high res photo of the New York autoshow car which is clearly glossy. The photo's of a couple that I rented apear to be unpainted, but I can't tell for sure, and can't remember for sure. I know the 07 converts are unpainted. I wonder if this is going to be another one of those, some were, some weren't type of thing.

med_gallery_10653_393_516622.jpg

• 4 years later...

Archived