TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Quality issue continues...

ACCLERCR

Guys and gals....need your help again on this same topic.

Previously I had posted about a length defect in my newly-delivery '08, in which the passenger side trunk wall liner was 2 inches too short and could not be tucked behind the rear panel. Well, in short, I had the dealership order me a new one (which they did) and a new one was just installed a couple of days ago...the fit is still not the same fit as on the other side. It's about (only) 1 inch longer than the original one, but still not acceptable. This piece is a "stamped" molded piece and I think that the tolerances at the factory are not where they should be. For this car, I am not settled with what I have been offered. This is 0 for 2 now, and it seems to be a roll-of-the-dice to see if the part you ordered was stamped right...probably a manual loading manufacturing area.

With all that in mind, I don't know if I should go through the dealership and have them contact the factory or should I try to find out the department (Quality?, etc.) and write a letter for resolution. Please help. All in all, it's such a basic part, and all I really want is for someone to fit check the part before sending me a new one...or, heck, pull one off of another newly-manufactured car, and send me that one. It just doesn't sit well with me, something so basic like this and, again, for the money I paid, it's just unacceptable.

Please help me out if you can...thanks! Anyone from the factory itself on this forum? :banghead:

First of all you need to find another dealer. I can`t believe they ordered a new part & didn`t compare it to the old one . They then should have contacted someone at Ford to find out if there is a problem with this part ?

Dude, not to be rude, but ALOT of your questions are covered in previous posts that you can find by doing a search on here with the key words of your posts...

AND, is there any way you can combine some of your posts? I get an email for every new forum post in this section, and I woke up to an inbox FULL of TEAM SHELBY topics this morning, and I dont wanna just delete them or unsubscribe. Thank you, and enjoy the hair pulling out fun of owning a GT500...its not all problems I hope.

Archived