TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Door Speaker

Ever since I got my car I have had a rattle in the drivers door speak, most evident when listening to talk radio. But after firing up some screaming heavy metal this week, to show off the Shaker 1000 to my nephew it is obvious it is completely blown.

Anyone know if the 3 year 36 mile warentee will cover a trivial item like a speaker? I also have the extended deal, but pretty sure that was drive train only.

Thanks in advance for any response to High Performence Tech Q

LOL!

Ever since I got my car I have had a rattle in the drivers door speak, most evident when listening to talk radio. But after firing up some screaming heavy metal this week, to show off the Shaker 1000 to my nephew it is obvious it is completely blown.

Anyone know if the 3 year 36 mile warentee will cover a trivial item like a speaker? I also have the extended deal, but pretty sure that was drive train only.

Thanks in advance for any response to High Performence Tech Q

LOL!

It should be covered. The low power amps of the Shaker 1000 (they are really about 80 watts RMS each -- Ford advertises peak wattage) will start clipping at high loads and fry your speakers.

I thought I heard this from mine once too, but now it seems to have gone away...odd...but yes, warranty is bumper to bumper so I think it should be covered.

Thanks for the tip WP... I just ordered 8. 4 for the SGT and 4 for the GT/CS vert.

i ordered 4, 2 for my SGT front and 2 for my wifes fusion front as the rears in both arent 2 ways so they should hold up better but i might still go with all 4 in both cars.

I installed the new cheap speakers today. Took me about an hour. And I am as slow and methodical as they come.

Make sure you have a 20 TX and 30 TX screwdriver handy. The new ones fit like a glove. Once you do it you'll see why that's important.

I can't get over what an upgrade it is, the magnets on the stock ones are minuscule (<-- spell) Now, we'll see how long they last, but at that price if they fry in six months, it was worth it. My only concern is that it says 25w on the new ones, and 50w on the old ones.

You'd never believe it by looking at the structure of each though.

No- The round grilles in the front are the subwoofers. Just above those you will see a perforation in the door panel where the oval speakers are located.

I installed the new cheap speakers today. Took me about an hour. And I am as slow and methodical as they come.

Make sure you have a 20 TX and 30 TX screwdriver handy. The new ones fit like a glove. Once you do it you'll see why that's important.

I can't get over what an upgrade it is, the magnets on the stock ones are minuscule (<-- spell) Now, we'll see how long they last, but at that price if they fry in six months, it was worth it. My only concern is that it says 25w on the new ones, and 50w on the old ones.

You'd never believe it by looking at the structure of each though.

Sound Better?

Archived