TEAM SHELBY FORUM

When can I see my dealer to order 2009 gt500

magrag

I hope this question has not been answered somewhere before but I am new to these forums, so forgive please.

I would like to order a 2009 GT500 and my local dealer said he would let me have one for MSRP, but he wasn't too informative about when the order could be placed.

Does anyone here have that info??? And what would be the time line to receive car??

Because I am new here I will give you a little info on myself.

I drove a 1965 2+2 271 hp ( poppy red) to high school in 1967 ,wanted a 1970 Boss 302 when I was in college but couldn't afford $3900!!! In 2005 I finally bought a yellow Boss. My daily driver is 2006 Roush Mustang.

I will be retiring from 35 years of school teaching (shop classes) as of june 1st. My wife agrees that we should step up to a GT500 for my retirement.

So any help with ordering a 2009 GT500 would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Dealers can order them now, BUT, no dealer knows when or if they will even get a 2009.

Ford has not released any information on the 2009. The only thing Ford has done so far is post the order guide. So based on that we know they are making more for 09, but we don't know how many, or how they are issuing allocation, or if we have to pay another enrollment fee again, or nothing!

So until Ford tells us something it is all a mystery at this point.

ASSUMING every dealer will get at least one, then when you can expect to get it will all depend on when Ford gives out allocation to that particular dealer as to when they can get theirs.

So it could be anywhere from a month after they begin production or it could be up to a month after they end production for the year! No one knows and dealers won't know when their allocation will come up until approx. within 2 - 3 months prior. If it is longer than that they won't know.

I thought Ford would have posted something by now but they haven't. They posted the order guide a few weeks ago and said nothing since. That is how Ford does things. They are big on putting the cart before the horse and leaving dealers hung out to dry with no further information!

The 2009 mustang is scheduled to start production by the end of May. The 2009 order banks are open now. We can put all the orders in we want, but they will just sit there until the dealer is given allocation to get one.

Yeah, ShelbyDude is right. I sat down with the owner of a small Ford dealership in NC and he was willing to put in an order for me, but he couldn't guarantee that he would actually get allocated one. He was also unsure if he would have to pay the "franchise fee" or something to that effect since I guess dealers had to buy a two year franchise fee for getting the 2007 and 2008 GT500's. The owner did call someone at Ford headquarters while I sat in his office to see if he would get allocated one and whoever he talked to could not tell him if he would get on allocated or not and couldn't tell him if he would have to pay the franchise fee again. He did say (the person at Ford) that they are only going to make the 2009 GT500's for 6 months this year and that was it. I don't know if your dealer is wanting a down payment, but the one I talked to wanted a small fee to "hold my spot" in case he did get one allocated. If he ends up not getting one, they he would refund me the money in full. Not really a bad deal, but just like ShelbyDude said even if he was to get one allocated he has no idea when it would show up. So I figured the best thing was to wait and see what I could find on a lot somewhere. The one big advantage I could think of about ordering is that if the dealer does get allocated one, then you can order exactly what you want which is pretty cool. I really like that vapor color! :D

Yeah, ShelbyDude is right. I sat down with the owner of a small Ford dealership in NC and he was willing to put in an order for me, but he couldn't guarantee that he would actually get allocated one. He was also unsure if he would have to pay the "franchise fee" or something to that effect since I guess dealers had to buy a two year franchise fee for getting the 2007 and 2008 GT500's. The owner did call someone at Ford headquarters while I sat in his office to see if he would get allocated one and whoever he talked to could not tell him if he would get on allocated or not and couldn't tell him if he would have to pay the franchise fee again. He did say (the person at Ford) that they are only going to make the 2009 GT500's for 6 months this year and that was it. I don't know if your dealer is wanting a down payment, but the one I talked to wanted a small fee to "hold my spot" in case he did get one allocated. If he ends up not getting one, they he would refund me the money in full. Not really a bad deal, but just like ShelbyDude said even if he was to get one allocated he has no idea when it would show up. So I figured the best thing was to wait and see what I could find on a lot somewhere. The one big advantage I could think of about ordering is that if the dealer does get allocated one, then you can order exactly what you want which is pretty cool. I really like that vapor color! :D

So the person he was talking to from Ford said they are only making them for 6 months on the 2009???? If that is true then I assume they are only building all mustangs for only 6 months which has been my assumption all along! They must be planning to get the new 2010 launched by January 09 then.

This also means only 4K - 6K units will be built based on the monthly production average.

Also, this would be the time to grab one at MSRP if you can find them, because if this is the case the prices could really jump up again! Especially if a lot of dealers will end up not getting any for 09.

So the person he was talking to from Ford said they are only making them for 6 months on the 2009???? If that is true then I assume they are only building all mustangs for only 6 months which has been my assumption all along! They must be planning to get the new 2010 launched by January 09 then.

This also means only 4K - 6K units will be built based on the monthly production average.

Also, this would be the time to grab one at MSRP if you can find them, because if this is the case the prices could really jump up again! Especially if a lot of dealers will end up not getting any for 09.

I had a feeling you were going to say that about the prices. :banghead: Maybe I should take you up on that offer!

It was actually a pretty funny conversation to listen too. The owner was defintiely a good ol' boy and he kept dropping F bombs on the poor guy telling him to give him a straight scoop on whether he would get one or not. He didn't get the answer on that, but he did get told that they are only making the 09 GT500's for 6 months. Also, something about only 500 KR's rather than the 1000 that are supposed to get built. Maybe I am not supposed to know this? :busted: Of course, I have no idea who he was talking too so who knows how true any of this is.

I had a feeling you were going to say that about the prices. :banghead: Maybe I should take you up on that offer!

It was actually a pretty funny conversation to listen too. The owner was defintiely a good ol' boy and he kept dropping F bombs on the poor guy telling him to give him a straight scoop on whether he would get one or not. He didn't get the answer on that, but he did get told that they are only making the 09 GT500's for 6 months. Also, something about only 500 KR's rather than the 1000 that are supposed to get built. Maybe I am not supposed to know this? :busted: Of course, I have no idea who he was talking too so who knows how true any of this is.

He misunderstood on the KR

They are building a 1000 for 2008.

They are building 571 for 2009. They are actually building 746 for 2009, but only 571 are for the US and the rest go to other countries.

So for 2008 and 2009 they will build a total of 1571 KR's for the US market.

ShelbyDude ~

Any words from the '09 order guides about the Red Stripe Pkg options?

Thanks,

Keith

Hey, check it out... Post #300! :yahoo:

ShelbyDude ~

Any words from the '09 order guides about the Red Stripe Pkg options?

Thanks,

Keith

Hey, check it out... Post #300! :yahoo:

Nothing showing on the red stripe package.

But when you go into the system to spec an order out it does show another color that isn't in the order guide.

Brillant Silver.

I spec'd one out and chose this color with blue stripes and it came up. No pricing came up though. But it did accept the Brillant Silver color with Blue Stripes.

captdave...............You better get your ride while you can...seems like the later the worse not the batter..... :hysterical:

If this does happen where pricing goes up after they officially announce this I hope other people weren't listening and banking on what he has been telling everyone.

There is no way of knowing for certain what will end up happening, but if you can find a MSRP deal you are a fool for passing that up waiting in hopes that the prices will get better than that. Even IF they would get better that wouldn't be until the middle of winter and how much more could you possibly save by waiting that long and missing another summer of driving one????

Is that worth the extra $500 - $1500 even "IF" you could actually find one for that next winter?

To each their own!

Nothing showing on the red stripe package.

But when you go into the system to spec an order out it does show another color that isn't in the order guide.

Brillant Silver.

I spec'd one out and chose this color with blue stripes and it came up. No pricing came up though. But it did accept the Brillant Silver color with Blue Stripes.

that silver with blue stripes would be my pick on the GT500

that silver with blue stripes would be my pick on the GT500

I don't know if that is the vista blue stripes or the brighter blue like the KR had.

I also don't know if they will actually pull an order with this color or if it is being reserved for something special coming out or what. It is a new color offered on mustang, but it isn't offered in the GT500 order guide. But it does come up in the system as available on the GT500.

I guess we will find out something on this soon enough.

I guess we can forget the Brillant Silver color.

I just went in to submit the order and that color is not compatible with GT500, even though it showed it as a color option.

So I just submitted a Vista Blue with White Stripes which is the FASTEST COLOR anyway! :hysterical:

I ordered every option with Shaker 1000.

It shows MSRP $47,865

So unless that changes between now and when this is pulled that is what it will be. ASSUMING it will ever get pulled and we are going to get one for 09!

I guess we can forget the Brillant Silver color.

I just went in to submit the order and that color is not compatible with GT500, even though it showed it as a color option.

So I just submitted a Vista Blue with White Stripes which is the FASTEST COLOR anyway! :hysterical:

I ordered every option with Shaker 1000.

It shows MSRP $47,865

So unless that changes between now and when this is pulled that is what it will be. ASSUMING it will ever get pulled and we are going to get one for 09!

Thanks to all of you that replied to my post!!

But now I feel really confused?????????????? Do I wait to find out if I will be able to order a 2009 or do I try to make a deal on a 2008????

I found a dealer that has exactly what I want ( Vista blue with white stripes and only 2 options, interior trim and ambient lighting) about 100 miles away. Sticker was $44, something and he said he wanted $50,000.

He is a small dealer and this is the only Mustang that he has.

I really don't want to go over sticker!

What do you guys think???????

Thanks again!!

Thanks to all of you that replied to my post!!

But now I feel really confused?????????????? Do I wait to find out if I will be able to order a 2009 or do I try to make a deal on a 2008????

I found a dealer that has exactly what I want ( Vista blue with white stripes and only 2 options, interior trim and ambient lighting) about 100 miles away. Sticker was $44, something and he said he wanted $50,000.

He is a small dealer and this is the only Mustang that he has.

I really don't want to go over sticker!

What do you guys think???????

Thanks again!!

I think a nice drive over there with a check in hand made out for MSRP plus the tax, title and lic "MIGHT" make a difference.

Print off some posts here advertising they have one available for MSRP. That "might" help as well.

When you are standing there in person ready and able to buy on the spot that can sometimes make a difference VS talking over a phone. Dealers get lots of calls from people making all kinds of offers on these. Some are just people blowing smoke and have no intention of buying. So being there in person can make a big difference.

I was doing a little looking at dealer connections and saw the base price of the GT500 I was interested in was $41,390, while others I was looking at was $42,170. Why is there a difference in base pricing????

Just wondering???

Those don't include the GGT and D&D

My 07 was $42,975 base (which includes GGT and D&D)

The 08 started out with a $1000 base price increase and they raised pricing twice after that during the year. So it depends on when the cars were ordered. Cars ordered before the last two price increases will have lower base pricing.

• 2 weeks later...

I read an article that the 2009 Mustangs (I guess all models), It will be an abbreviated model year for 2009. I guess that means they will only be produced for 4-6 months and thats it..

I'm new to this forum, thanks for letting me join in!

I dont own a Mustang but am interested in one.

I have a question..would it be worth it to get a 2009 Mustang or just wait another year for the 2010 to come out? Would a 2009 Mustang be worth more in 30 years because not many were made? Or would it just be something no one really cares about in 30 years?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
I read an article that the 2009 Mustangs (I guess all models), It will be an abbreviated model year for 2009. I guess that means they will only be produced for 4-6 months and thats it..

I'm new to this forum, thanks for letting me join in!

I dont own a Mustang but am interested in one.

I have a question..would it be worth it to get a 2009 Mustang or just wait another year for the 2010 to come out? Would a 2009 Mustang be worth more in 30 years because not many were made? Or would it just be something no one really cares about in 30 years?

Thanks

This all depends which body style you want. If you like the current one, buy it. Nobody really knows what the 2010 model is going to look like, it is all speculation at this point. If you are looking for an investment for 30 years from now, still, nobody knows how these car are going to price at that time. They may be worth alot and then again they may not be worth much. It's anyones guess right now.

Archived