TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Extended Warranty

What is the conventional wisdom regarding purchasing the extended warranty for your Shelby if you are only converting to the 605 H.P. Snake? Thanks for your input. Craig SS108

I will look and see if its availble. Might be something in the fine print that keeps you from doing it

michael morris

Extended Warranty is only as good as the dealer you bring your car too.

I have the extended Warranty and I am getting the SS 605 Package. Note. I have a credible and good dealer that KNOW how to fix a car RIGHT the FIRST TIME, and they stand behind their work.

Not yelling at you just emphasizing.

If I did not use my current dealer, or, if I was forced to use a local sorry excuse for glorified car lots called a ford dealers in my area, I would not WASTE my money on the extended warranty.

Warranty is only as good as the dealer you use.

I bought the extended warranty and was told that all Ford parts would be covered when I get the SS done. So far they have done me right and I don't doubt that they will honor their word.

I was also told that if for some reason the computer goes out it's over 2500 bucks. Worth the peace of mind for me.

Are you still using the Dealer in Firebaugh Ca.?????????

Yes Sir.

I bought the extended warranty when I bought my new 07 before there was any mention of the Super Snake. Since I am now getting the SS conversion I have spoken to two service managers and one dealership owner and was told that since the 605HP version of the SS uses all Ford Racing parts and since the work is being done by a Ford dealer [Tasca] it would be covered by the original warranty. We'll see!

I bought the extended warranty when I bought my new 07 before there was any mention of the Super Snake. Since I am now getting the SS conversion I have spoken to two service managers and one dealership owner and was told that since the 605HP version of the SS uses all Ford Racing parts and since the work is being done by a Ford dealer [Tasca] it would be covered by the original warranty. We'll see!

Great news...thanks for the info...

That is the very reason why I travel 107mile one way to my dealer "Westside" Ford in Firebaugh.

Here is how the dealer in my area, view the installation of Ford Racing Parts, Per a person in my neighborhood that bought a white mustang GT and painted blue stripes on it to look like the gt350.

He then ordered the Ford Racing CAI and exhaust from the dealer he bought the car from. When he got the parts he asked the service department to install the parts. They told him NO and if he put the parts on his car they would VOID the warranty.

His new dealer is now Westside Ford. They will install the Ford parts, warranty their work, and the factory warranty as it is written.

It may sound like I am preaching but, If any of you have ever been; put through the frustration of dealing with a crappy dealer (I have) you know what I am talking about and those of you that have not do not want to.

The warranty is only as good as the dealer you take your car too. Lots of dealers are good at selling you a new car, but poor at service.

Make dam sure you have a good dealer that provide good service.

Do an internet search, and ask as many people as you can about any dealer you intend to use. You may be surprised at what you learn.

I would suggest people post the names phone number and complete addresses of good dealers so we all know who they are and can support them, and not waste our time and money at the piss poor dealers.

I posted my dealer info, DDT stepped up and gave the name of a dealer but no address, who else can step up to the plate to help others? Let us know if they are good for;

1.New car pricing,

2. Service after the fact or

3. Both, good new car pricing and great service.

Very good points and I agree! Your relationship with your dealer is really critical. my dealer is really quite reasoable and assures me all will be covered provided Ford Racing parts are used and a ford dealer does the installation. As I said earlier we'll see.

Very good points and I agree! Your relationship with your dealer is really critical. my dealer is really quite reasoable and assures me all will be covered provided Ford Racing parts are used and a ford dealer does the installation. As I said earlier we'll see.

Yes, so were the sale person sale manage and everyone else at my old dealer when I bought my f350. Till it was time to figure out why the engine light came on at 30mile new. and I had go back in to the sales manager ant tell him the truck was come back and I wanted my mony back if they were not going to honor their word and fix the scratch in the fender and remove the dirt bump in the paint on the hood, that stuck out like a sore thumb and look like :censored:.

My old dealer assured me as well, they seemed very resonable, nice and friendly. As I soon learned, what they say and what they do are two difference things.

Archived