TEAM SHELBY FORUM

OPENING OF SHELBY CORNER CAFÉ TO MARK BEGINNING OF NHRA WEEKEND IN LAS VEGAS

robertlane

OPENING OF SHELBY CORNER CAFÉ TO MARK BEGINNING OF NHRA WEEKEND IN LAS VEGAS

cafe1400.jpg

Team Shelby – Shelby Automobiles, a wholly owned subsidiary of Carroll Shelby International Inc. (CSBI.PK), will kick off the NHRA weekend by opening the new Shelby Corner Café on April 10, 2008. Located on the Shelby Automobiles campus at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, the Cafe is dedicated to the Shelby legend and gives enthusiasts visiting the track or Shelby facility a place to dine that equals their passion for performance automobiles.

An NHRA themed party will commemorate the opening of the Shelby Corner Café on Thursday night. In addition to an appearance by Mr. Shelby, driver Bob Tasca III will appear with his new Ford Shelby GT500 NHRA pro-fuel dragster to sign autographs. Other luminaries like Don “the Snake” Prudhomme and NHRA Top Fuel Funny Car Champion Robert Height are expected for the “cackle party” which will begin at 5:30 p.m. that evening. Displays will include Big Daddy Don Garlits’ nostalgic “Swamp Rat” Top Fuel Dragster, Mike Kuhl’s dragster and the Yeakel Plymouth owned by the late Lou Baney; the nitro powered cars will fire their engines simultaneously in front of the café to start the weekend off with a bang. The event is free to the public.

“Shelby Corner Café is a fun place to dine while visiting Carroll’s two favorite places, the track and his factory,” said Amy Boylan, President of Shelby Automobiles. “We initially planned to open a place for Shelby employees as the selection of eateries is a bit limited at the Speedway. We had so many requests by enthusiasts to eat here after a museum tour that decided to open the café to the public. On any given day, you might see our chief test driver, production crew, or even Carroll himself eating at the next table.”

The 13,000 square foot café features an Americana menu with breakfast served from 6 to 11 a.m. Lunch crowds can enjoy hamburgers, salads, sandwiches and Shelby’s Classic Chili from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The café features Wi-Fi, a coffee bar and is decorated in genuine Shelby memorabilia that demonstrates the power of the brand.

“The Café will be available for private parties and even has a door to accommodate the entry of a car inside,” noted Boylan. “We might even add a stop at the Café to the Shelby car delivery program for a private meal.”

cafe2400.jpg

The Café sits adjacent to the world famous Shelby Automobiles factory and mod shop. From this location, the company turns out a limited number of genuine Shelby Cobras, GT500KR’s and Shelby Super Snakes. Shelby Autos also taps the drag strip and road course at Las Vegas Motor Speedway to test their cars.

“Although we have been approached by interested parties, we currently have no plans to open additional Shelby Corner Cafés,” added Boylan. “This is a special place where everyone can enjoy a bit of casual food after visiting one of the hottest destinations in Las Vegas. The only restaurant rule is to have fun the Shelby way.”

About Shelby Automobiles, Inc. and Carroll Shelby Licensing

Founded by legend Carroll Shelby, Shelby Automobiles, Inc., (www.shelbyautos.com) manufactures and markets performance vehicles and related products. Shelby Automobiles is a division of Carroll Shelby International, Inc. (CSBI.PK). Carroll Shelby Licensing Inc., also a wholly owned division, is the exclusive holder of Carroll Shelby's trademarks and vehicle design rights. It also holds trademark rights for Shelby-branded apparel, accessories and collectibles. For more information, visit www.carrollshelbyinternational.com.

This is so cool. Being what it is and where it's at, can you post the Menu..............just courious as to what is being served and the Prices. Post some pics of the Diner to if possible.

David.

Philly CheeseSteak, haha they dont know how to make one. The need to come to Philly like to Geno's or Pat's Steaks and learn to make them. :)

A true Philly Cheesesteak, is Meat - no sauce, onions(optional) and Cheese Whiz

But I wish I could go out there and check it out, sounds AWESOME :happy feet:

The KR Burger sounds DELICIOUS! Burgers, Chili and cheese, could it get better, I think not.

But what about the secret menu????

For those of you scratching your heads on this one just google "In-n-out burger secret menu". It's a west coast thing.

Steve

We went when we were in Vegas last week! My favorite is animal style.

The Hidden In-N-Out Burger Menu!!!

Did you know that In-N-Out Burger has a secret unpublished menu? Everyone

links to ours because it's always up-to-date and accurate. If you like

In-N-Out Burger, you'll love the following special order items:

"3-by-3" = three meat patties and three slices of cheese.

"4-by-4" = four meat patties and four slices of cheese.

"2-by-4" = two meat patties and four slices of cheese.

*Note: You can get a burger with as many meat patties or cheese slices as

you want. Just tell the In-N-Out Burger cashier how many meat patties and

how much cheese you want and that is what you'll get! For instance, if you

want 6 pieces of meat and 10 pieces of cheese tell them you want a

"6-by-10."

"Double Meat" = like a Double Double without cheese.

"3 by Meat" = three meat patties and no cheese.

"Animal Style" = the meat is cooked and fried with mustard and then pickles

are added, extra spread and grilled onions are added.

"Animal Style Fries" = fries with cheese, spread, grilled onions and

sometimes pickles.

"Protein Style" = for all you low-carbohydrate dieters, this is a burger

with no bun (wrapped in lettuce).

"Flying Dutchman" = two meat patties cooked medium rare, two slices of

melted cheese and nothing else - not even a bun!

Fries "Well-Done" = extra crispy fries . . . even better than the regular!

Fries "Light" = opposite of fries well-done, more raw than most people like

'em

"Grilled Cheese" = no meat, just melted cheese, tomato, lettuce and sauce on

a bun.

"Veggie Burger" = burger without the patty or cheese.

"Neapolitan" Shake = strawberry, vanilla and chocolate blended together.

The friendly employees of In-N-Out Burger will take your special order

without question, if you use the right terminology. The printed receipt will

have your special request typed on it just as we said it.

I know where my first stop for lunch will be when I get in to Vegas !!! ...

Congratulations Robert and Sharon .... from the picts you out did yourself !

That first photo was actually taken from the Birthday Bash at the Pancake breakfast, the first time any one saw the corner cafe was Team Shelby members.

Unfortunately Robert and I will be unable to be there tonight. I know that a lot of work went into the opening of the cafe and the folks at SAI have all worked really hard to make this a very special place. It even has a special table just for Carroll, I am sure that is where he will be tonight.

So congratulations to all the folks, the place is a one of a kind and awesome, we look forward to holding many Team Shelby events there over the years.

Sharon

great i will take four burgers and four fries!!!

and 2 waters and 2 pepsi's

Hi Randy,

It looks a little different than it did in January, no? Let us know how long it takes to get your order. :lol: Jim

That first photo was actually taken from the Birthday Bash at the Pancake breakfast, the first time any one saw the corner cafe was Team Shelby members.

Unfortunately Robert and I will be unable to be there tonight. I know that a lot of work went into the opening of the cafe and the folks at SAI have all worked really hard to make this a very special place. It even has a special table just for Carroll, I am sure that is where he will be tonight.

So congratulations to all the folks, the place is a one of a kind and awesome, we look forward to holding many Team Shelby events there over the years.

Sharon

Sharon,

And what a true honor & pleasure it was to be able to provide the first "unofficial" meal at the Corner Cafe... And something that I will always remember about the B-Day Bash... THANKS for taking me up on my offer for Sunday Morning's breakfast :call:

Drive Safe!

07SGT0547

• 3 months later...

Topic #1

My wife and I stopped by the Cafe on Thursday for lunch. She had a grilled cheese sandwich that had to have 1/2 of the Wisconsin Cheese production from last year. I had a club sandwich that was enough to feed a small army.

I was pleased to see that the cafe has become a popular place for Nellis AFB folks. About half of the people there were in uniform!

So here is question #1:

We went around the wall looking at the pictures and the signatures, and my wife grabbed me from the other side of the room to look at this one:

0807081226b.jpg

There has to be a story...

Ernest Borgnine is one of my all time favorite actors. He was the spttin' image of my great uncle (my grandmother's brother).

Does he have a Shelby?

He does not. He is an amazing man at 91 looks 60! He comes by with mel larson who used to run many of the major hotels. They are great friends of Carroll's, I will tell you, when I saw him the first time, I went up and said "hello Mr. Borgnine, he said "call me Ernie" lol, just a great guy

Amy

Now for #2:

I liked the decoration. The atmosphere is great. And the food is more than anyone could ask for.

The sign along the top had this segment:

0807081225a.jpg

This is the first time I'd seen any acknowledgment of the Barrett Jackson in a poster. How the heck can I get a copy? (If the cafe gets broken into and this segment disappears I didn't do it :) )

Robert/Sharon: There was another topic about a SGT "banner". This would be perfect. How about an update? I couldn't find that topic. If someone can point me to it I'll post this there too.

• 3 weeks later...
Now for #2:

I liked the decoration. The atmosphere is great. And the food is more than anyone could ask for.

The sign along the top had this segment:

0807081225a.jpg

This is the first time I'd seen any acknowledgment of the Barrett Jackson in a poster. How the heck can I get a copy? (If the cafe gets broken into and this segment disappears I didn't do it :) )

Robert/Sharon: There was another topic about a SGT "banner". This would be perfect. How about an update? I couldn't find that topic. If someone can point me to it I'll post this there too.

Another topic prompted me to query once again about getting the SGT banner from the banner that goes around the roof line of the Shelby Cafe. Can we get something like this made up?

Archived