TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking to buy a Shelby GT

slamarre

All,

I am about to make an offer on a 2008 Shelby GT Coupe.

The MSRP (Ford sticker) is 30,960 + 745 Destination & Delivery for a total of 31,705$

After that, we need to add the Shelby upgrade : 9,500$ for a new total of 41,205$

Next we add the sales tax of 6% for a new total of 43,677.30$.

Then let's add another 500$ for the Title, Tag and Fees for a grand total of roughly 44,000$.

I am thinking to propose the sales guy 40K out the door.

Is this number realistic? or i just wasting my time? What reasonable offer i should try?

My target number here is not over 40K with the amount of cash i will put in.

Some advices would be much appreciated.

P.S. I am just giving a try. If the dealer does not want to move a penny, i will fall back on the strategy to get a 07 for 4-5K less. However, i really like to have an 08 for the all around air bags, HID and ambient lighting...

Thanks.

All,

The MSRP (Ford sticker) is 30,960 + 745 Destination & Delivery for a total of 31,705$

After that, we need to add the Shelby upgrade : 9,500$ for a new total of 41,205$

Then let's add another 500$ for the Title, Tag and Fees for a grand total of roughly 44,000$.

Is this number realistic? or i just wasting my time? What reasonable offer i should try?

P.S. I am just giving a try. If the dealer does not want to move a penny, i will fall back on the strategy to get a 07 for 4-5K less. However, i really like to have an 08 for the all around air bags, HID and ambient lighting...

Thanks.

Tell me the dealer and I will look up the car for you and tell you the best price.

michael morris

Good luck!

Your $40K offer is $1200 below MSRP. Then you want them to include tax, title & lic in with that???

I guess if they are desperate and willing to sell it for a loss you might get lucky. All they can do is say no, but I think if you could even get it for $40K plus the tax, title & lic you are doing good.

If they sold it for invoice and net SAI cost it would be just over $40K with tax, and that still doesn't include tax, title and LIC.

COST is $37,888

THAT'S WHAT I PAID FOR MINE + TT&L It had been sitting on their floor since September of 07 and I bought it in February of 08....Good Deals can be had!

All,

Thanks.

Michael,

The dealer is Mike Shad at the Avenues in Jacksonville, FL 32256

Thanks.

Paid 39,300 out the door for my 08.I think my sticker price was a little over 42,000.I would start 38,500 out door because they are going to counter what ever you offer.I called two dealers and the first was 43,000 out door the second 39,300.Called the first dealer back to tell them i found another car and they met the price.I bought it from second dealer because they had the lowest price first.

All,

Got an update.

The guy i know there at the dealership offered me 35,131$ + tax, title and fees on a black 07 SGT Coupe. I think if i show up again with a price around 34K, they will accept it.

They have also a 08 for 40,670$ but they do not seems to willing to negociate. I may be able to drop the price by no more than 500 to 1,000.

The only difference between the 2 are HID and ambien lighting.

I am leaning toward the 07 because it is difficult for me to justify a difference of 6,000$ for the car price and around 120$ per month...

Am i thinking right on this to get an 07?

Again, thanks to all of you who submit advices.

All,

Got an update.

The guy i know there at the dealership offered me 35,131$ + tax, title and fees on a black 07 SGT Coupe. I think if i show up again with a price around 34K, they will accept it.

They have also a 08 for 40,670$ but they do not seems to willing to negociate. I may be able to drop the price by no more than 500 to 1,000.

The only difference between the 2 are HID and ambien lighting.

I am leaning toward the 07 because it is difficult for me to justify a difference of 6,000$ for the car price and around 120$ per month...

Am i thinking right on this to get an 07?

Again, thanks to all of you who submit advices.

Just depends on how exclusive you want the car to be to you....there were many more black and whites in 07 than the 08 model....number wise I mean....I'm not sure of exace number of 07 Shelby's built, but 08 is limited to 2300 and 2000 of them will be Vista Blue Only.....not sure on break down on convertible vs. coupe....manual vs. auto....your choice....I like low numbers though...my 08 is #0235 so I'm happy....

Just depends on how exclusive you want the car to be to you....there were many more black and whites in 07 than the 08 model....number wise I mean....I'm not sure of exace number of 07 Shelby's built, but 08 is limited to 2300 and 2000 of them will be Vista Blue Only.....not sure on break down on convertible vs. coupe....manual vs. auto....your choice....I like low numbers though...my 08 is #0235 so I'm happy....

3,373 Black '07

2,259 White '07

219 Grabber Orange '08

2,000 Vista Blue '08

100 B-J Black w/red stripes '08

Total of 7951

3,373 Black '07

2,259 White '07

219 Grabber Orange '08

2,000 Vista Blue '08

100 B-J Black w/red stripes '08

Total of 7951

One big question -- how many 08 Vista Blue were Verts & how many of th BJ's were Verts?

Okay, ignoring (if you can) the $6,000 or $7,000 you would save with an 07 and the excuse to drive it home four or five hours from Central Georgia, just ask whether you like black, white, or blue. Easy. If you've got a wife, I can't believe you even get a say in it. :)

You can argue exclusivity either way . . . you got the FIRST year of the SGT or you got the LAST year of the SGT.

All,

Thanks.

:hysterical3:

"Talk them into a test drive, then HOTROD the :censored: outta it and drop the LOWBALL offer?????????

One big question -- how many 08 Vista Blue were Verts & how many of th BJ's were Verts?

Well I don't know what the actual breakdown is on how many were actually built, but I can tell you what is left.

2007 SGT Coupes:

763 GT Premium

22 Deluxe

=======================

2008 SGT Coupes Vista Blue:

646 GT Premium

21 Deluxe

=======================

2008 SGT Convertibles Vista Blue

486 GT Premium

5 Deluxe

========================

2008 SGT Black BJ Editions:

43 GT Premium Coupes

13 GT Premium Convertibles

========================

2008 SGT Grabber Orange Coupes:

122 GT Premium

========================

Well I don't know what the actual breakdown is on how many were actually built, but I can tell you what is left.

2007 SGT Coupes:

763 GT Premium

22 Deluxe

=======================

2008 SGT Coupes Vista Blue:

646 GT Premium

21 Deluxe

=======================

2008 SGT Convertibles Vista Blue

486 GT Premium

5 Deluxe

========================

2008 SGT Black BJ Editions:

43 GT Premium Coupes

13 GT Premium Convertibles

========================

2008 SGT Grabber Orange Coupes:

122 GT Premium

========================

When you say "Left..." do you mean left sitting on dealership lots/sales inventory? I had an message from Bud at SAI and he said that all production of 08 SGTs is completed...no more being shipped to SAI from Flatrock MI...whats out there is out there on the sales floor is what it sounded like.

Glad I have mine all safe and sound in the garage!!

LOL Lots of questions as far as coupes and verts, how many Paxton ShelbyGT/SC's, Whipples? I guess we have to wait until they get the registry up and running. I'm afraid it could be a while.

When you say "Left..." do you mean left sitting on dealership lots/sales inventory? I had an message from Bud at SAI and he said that all production of 08 SGTs is completed...no more being shipped to SAI from Flatrock MI...whats out there is out there on the sales floor is what it sounded like.

Glad I have mine all safe and sound in the garage!!

That is everything left remaining. Whether they are in route to SAI, at SAI, enroute to the dealer from SAI, or already sitting at the dealer in stock. That is the TOTAL remaining SGT's to be had.

BTW, I have a 2008 Vista Blue Coupe in stock if anyone is interested. It has every available option with Shaker 1000, EXCEPT the IUP. Ford messed up the order and that option didn't get put on the car. It's a manual.

Here is the one I have left:

Price Information MSRP

STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $27,020

Key Standard Equipment

ORDER CODE 140A-PREM GT COU

GT REAR DECKLID SPOILER

AM/FM STEREO/6-CD IN DASH/M

17" PREMIUM PAINTED CAST AL

SHAKER 500 AUDIO SYSTEM

ANTI-LOCK BRAKES

POWER 6-WAY DRIVER'S SEAT

Optional Equipment

2008 MODEL YEAR

VISTA BLUE CLEARCOAT METALLIC

DARK CHARCOAL LEATHER

.4.6L 3V OHC V8 ENGINE

.5-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION

ACTIVE ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM 325

FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET

WHEEL LOCKING KIT 50

HID HEADLAMPS 525

GT UPFITTERS PACKAGE 2,140

.235/50/ZR18 TIRE

.REAR SPOILER DELETE

.3.55 RATIO LIMITED SLIP AXLE

.18" POLISHED ALUMINUM WHEEL

HEATED SEATS 250

SHAKER 1000 AUDIO SYSTEM 1,295

PONY CENTER CAP

AMBIENT LIGHTING 295

TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS 31,900

DESTINATION & DELIVERY 745

TOTAL MSRP $32,645

$32,645 + $9,500 SAI = $42,145 Total MSRP

08SGT008.jpg

08SGT007.jpg

08SGT006.jpg

08SGT005.jpg

08SGT004.jpg

08SGT003.jpg

08SGT002.jpg

08SGT001.jpg

How about the little red one next to it???!!!!

Just curious - not sure if you want to advertise it here or not, but I am curious...

My wife seeing me type this - :finger: - and me continuing to ask about another one!!

How about the little red one next to it???!!!!

Just curious - not sure if you want to advertise it here or not, but I am curious...

My wife seeing me type this - :finger: - and me continuing to ask about another one!!

The red one was the clone we made. We sold that a few weeks ago.

Archived