TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Identifying the Production #

emailcm

Question: How can you identify the production # of a GT500?

I was told by the dealership that you can't because the car is mixed in the assembly process with other Mustangs.

Then, I've seen dealers on Ebay claiming car #43 or #100 etc....

What's the real deal on this? If in fact earlier production number cars are suppose to fetch more value in the later years, would this be important?

Question: How can you identify the production # of a GT500?

I was told by the dealership that you can't because the car is mixed in the assembly process with other Mustangs.

Then, I've seen dealers on Ebay claiming car #43 or #100 etc....

What's the real deal on this? If in fact earlier production number cars are suppose to fetch more value in the later years, would this be important?

No, you will not know the production number until the end. It's because they also have Mazda 6's, and all other Mustangs on the same line. That said, I *did* get this little tidbit:

>>>>Congratulations on the purchase of your Ford Mustang Shelby GT500!

Don ***** forwarded me your request for the production number of your Shelby GT500. As he mentioned, because we produce several models in our Flat Rock plant, we do not have the exact production number of your Shelby. I am able to provide you estimated production numbers from the start of the Shelby production to the date that your vehicle was produced.

Your vehicle with VIN 1ZVHT88S5752***** was produced on June 27, 2006. We produced approximately 573 Shelby GT500 vehicles through that date.

Thank you for your interest in Ford Motor Company, and thank you for your business. I hope you enjoy your new Mustang!

Regards,

Jen***** M****

Field Operations Coordinator

Phone: (313) 845-0***<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

So, if yours was built before mine, you at least now know that your car is < 573. Yes, I've altered some names and numbers for their privacy. Sorry, but I hope this well help some of you with your question.

:shift:

bj

No, you will not know the production number until the end. It's because they also have Mazda 6's, and all other Mustangs on the same line. That said, I *did* get this little tidbit:

Don ***** forwarded me your request for the production number of your Shelby GT500. As he mentioned, because we produce several models in our Flat Rock plant, we do not have the exact production number of your Shelby. I am able to provide you estimated production numbers from the start of the Shelby production to the date that your vehicle was produced.

Your vehicle with VIN 1ZVHT88S5752***** was produced on June 27, 2006. We produced approximately 573 Shelby GT500 vehicles through that date.

Thank you for your interest in Ford Motor Company, and thank you for your business. I hope you enjoy your new Mustang!

Regards,

Jen***** M****

So, if yours was built before mine, you at least now know that your car is < 573. Yes, I've altered some names and numbers for their privacy. Sorry, but I hope this well help some of you with your question.

bj

GT500 are sequenced with GT Mustang. Not V6 Mustang. The check digit # is for a combination of GT and GT500. Wierd I know......

Regards,

Jen***** M****

bj

Thanks mine was built on June 22, 2006

Great info, Thanks

That's great information....seems like the closest we can get for now.

My Shelby was produced June 7. I can't find it, but someone said they are producting 30 something a day. I think that would put my car in the first 150 or so. Does anyone know how to calculate this correctly?

That's great information....seems like the closest we can get for now.

My Shelby was produced June 7. I can't find it, but someone said they are producting 30 something a day. I think that would put my car in the first 150 or so. Does anyone know how to calculate this correctly?

You can't....but you're in the first 100 (other than the preproduction cars).. The Job 1 build was 6/6/06

bj

Mine was built 6/6. First fifty Maybe?

Florida Chris,

Well...if we have all assumed they are making 25/day, then you are definately in the top 25. My car was built on the 7th so that would potentially place it in the first 50.

However, I don't think they built Job 1 promptly at 8am on June 6. You've seen the video on it at the bold moves web site. It took some time for them to figure out the engine installation process. I'd bet they built less than 10 on the first day and maybe another 10/20 the second day to work out the kinks before going full speed. Just my thoughts...

Excluding those that don't think these cars have any future value, do those of us who think they do place any value on a car built in the first 100? I've noticed this as a selling point in other classic car sales.

Guest evilchris

Chris may have looked at his door tag. A lot of people see "6/06" and think their car was built June 6 2006. This is an incorrect assumption. 6/06 means it was built in June 2006. The door tag does not indicate the day it was built.

Chris may have looked at his door tag. A lot of people see "6/06" and think their car was built June 6 2006. This is an incorrect assumption. 6/06 means it was built in June 2006. The door tag does not indicate the day it was built.

Got my date of my paperwork...Plus your theory is flawed as mine says 6/07.

Archived