TEAM SHELBY FORUM

gt-h warenty

wahooo

is it true i bought my car from one dealer and have a bad rear shock with 17,000 miles they told me there is no warranty on the Shelby gt-h because they were rental cars ,they tell me the 3 year 36000 mile is void that hertz has you sign something explaining this i cannot find anything ,i guess it is not so bad i never expected ford to cover anything anyway, they are not BMW /Porsche/Mercedes i never had any problem with any service on any of these ,my last attempt at American was a 1980 Corvette's,this gt-h is my comeback car ,i used to say you get what you pay for ,so now that i paid a good penny for this car i thought the service would be there ? lesson leaned ,when you need reliability and service go foreign.

your 36000 mile warranty should be up this month.you need to have the ford dealer check the vin.you do however have a 75k extended powertrain warranty if you purchased threw a ford dealer.the shock isnt a bid deal and I would replace both sides to avoid tire problems.they should make you a deal on the labor or even do the labor for free.my dealer would if I just purchased the car not to long ago.

your 36000 mile warranty should be up this month.you need to have the ford dealer check the vin.you do however have a 75k extended powertrain warranty if you purchased threw a ford dealer.the shock isnt a bid deal and I would replace both sides to avoid tire problems.they should make you a deal on the labor or even do the labor for free.my dealer would if I just purchased the car not to long ago.

yes infact i just was telling my wife and she told me i have a letter from ford for the extended warenty,and that baffeled me ,that the warenty was up but now i can extend it .

It sounds like you found a dealer that doesn't know what they are talking about or just didn't want to deal with it. The factory warranty should be in full effect on your car. There are quite a few folks on this forum that have had warranty work done on their cars.

i would find another dealer. i called my service advisor told him i just picked up a new car out of state was missing minor detail items. told me to bring it in had all detail items in stock put them on and i was on my way. no charge and if i noticed anything else to bring it in. he was excited to see the car hadn't even heard about them.

your 3year 36000 warranty should be good atleast untill next spring.

Sorry to hear your troubles... I took my GT-H in last month and they replaced the rear shock, front headlight, and door speaker with no issues and a $0 bill. They also did a full inspection of the car - all under the warranty. The dealer told me I was good through April of 2009. Go to another dealer and report the bad one. On the other hand...if you want to sell your American Iron, I am sure there are plenty of buyers :happy feet:

I believe most H's were put into service in spring '06 meaing that your car will be under the original 36,000/36month warranty until spring 2009 (assuming you do not exceed the mileage). The extended warranty can be purchased any time before the expiration of the original 36/36. Any decent Ford dealer will run an OASIS report on your car if you ask them. This will provide the original date of delivery, order and complete warranty history of the vehicle.

If you PM Me your VIN, I can run Oasis for you and give you your in service date.i used to work for a ford dealer and can still get on FMC.I have one year of warranty left on my car as of april 8th.Let me know if you want me to check it for you.

James

thanks i will get it tonite ,i really appreciate it ,if that is the case i may just need to find a dealer that wants the work ?

• 2 weeks later...
thanks i will get it tonite ,i really appreciate it ,if that is the case i may just need to find a dealer that wants the work ?

Seriously consider an extended bumper-to-bumper policy. I've got them on both my GT-Hs and my '05. Just make sure it is a FORD policy, not a third-party one. You can get them on line or through a dealer, but having looked around the best price was this place.

https://www.myfordwarranty.com/

Got a Premium Care 7yr/75K, $100 deduct and road hazard for less than $1300.

Archived