TEAM SHELBY FORUM

To all the GT500 haters

90GT

CAI, Tune and exhaust.

We need more info. Great results.

1. If you did a tune, what company is now selling the tune for the GT500?

2. Is the CAI package the same as for a Mustang GT? If not, where did you get it?

3. Which brand of exhaust did you use?

4. Any chance of getting an audio clip of the exhaust?

Thanks,

Dave

2. Is the CAI package the same as for a Mustang GT? If not, where did you get it?

Thanks,

Dave

It's not my car so I can't answer those questions. I know the exhaust was a custom unit and the tune was also custom. I'm not sure what CAI they used. The shop is actually 20 min from my house and I plan on paying them a visit next week some time. I'd do it tomorrow but they are preping the car for a day at the drags so I'm not sure I'd get to see the car much.

It's not my car so I can't answer those questions. I know the exhaust was a custom unit and the tune was also custom. I'm not sure what CAI they used. The shop is actually 20 min from my house and I plan on paying them a visit next week some time. I'd do it tomorrow but they are preping the car for a day at the drags so I'm not sure I'd get to see the car much.

Ok, so now you know what questions to ask. Woo hoo.... :bandance:

Thanks,

Dave

1 Jon Lund of Lund Tuning did this car's tune. Anybody with the SCT Advantage software can tune the car. They had the capabilities of tuning the car before Job 1 even happened.

2)no, it's different. The man making them will make an announcement soon as he can.

3) it's a custom X pipe and catback

4) there is a vid at the top of this thread and here is a different one http://www.evoperform.com/GT500/video1.wmv

1 Jon Lund of Lund Tuning did this car's tune. Anybody with the SCT Advantage software can tune the car. They had the capabilities of tuning the car before Job 1 even happened.

2)no, it's different. The man making them will make an announcement soon as he can.

3) it's a custom X pipe and catback

4) there is a vid at the top of this thread and here is a different one http://www.evoperform.com/GT500/video1.wmv

Thanks for the info. :shift:

What I like most: the flat torque curve. Nice.

It looks like all is going to be well in the GT500 world. A tweak here, a tweak there and the beast has been awakened. The next couple of months will certainly be exciting to see what is going to work or not, but it looks like all of the typical mods are going to work. :woohoo:

Can anyone tell us all about the differences in output readings from a Dynojet vs. a Mustang dyno machine?

Mustang Dyno's apply a load, via eletro-mechanical resistance, then rwhp is calculated based on how your "acceleration/unit of time" of this load occurs...

DynoJet Dyno's simply use a large drum, of know mass, as its rotating resistance...Then rwhp is calculated based on how your "acceleration/unit of time" of the drum occurs...

As far as making the exact numbers, remember horsepower is a derivative of torque (hp = tq X rpm / 5252), so you have to "shoot for" a desired torque number at some rpm to see if it's attainable.

Found another dyno link over at svtperformance

http://www.alternativeauto.com/prodserv/07_shelby_tune.html

Ford may have setup the tune to give room for the addition of the FRPP packs. I remember hearing the SVT engineer way back in the first video on youtube talking about they expected people to be tuning these upward to get more HP.

It appears Ford left some tricks in the bag on the GT500 I hope I'll get the chance to pull a run like in the evolution vid got to get a car first though :D

Sweet! Now that's more like it!

Do you know at what ambiant temp/humidity that run was done?

Gotta call my broker and buy more stock in Nitto. :hysterical:

:hysterical:

or Goodyear!

Damn, that's a flat torque curve -- about as flat as you can get and still have 'em cross ar 5,252 rpm! <lol>

That S/C sure does make torque!

Archived