TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT Snake

The Shelby GT snake - the one that will be used on the faux gas cap - does it have a name? The GT500 snake is called the Tiffany snake, I think, so what is the Shelby GT snake called?

Another question - will a Shelby GT snake emblem be manufactured which can replace the tri-bar pony on the front billet grille?

The Shelby GT snake - the one that will be used on the faux gas cap - does it have a name? The GT500 snake is called the Tiffany snake, I think, so what is the Shelby GT snake called?

Another question - will a Shelby GT snake emblem be manufactured which can replace the tri-bar pony on the front billet grille?

I believe I saw an archived post where it was referred to as the "S" snake (S as in Shelby I suppose).

I would like to see a steering wheel center cap replacement as well that incorporates the "S" snake like on the old GT 350/500s

I think if I were to add the faux S snake gas cap, I would also want an matching snake horn cap and grille emblem, rather than having a snake only on one place. I think the new dead pedal that SPP sells also has the S snake.

I think if I were to add the faux S snake gas cap, I would also want an matching snake horn cap and grille emblem, rather than having a snake only on one place. I think the new dead pedal that SPP sells also has the S snake.

Horn cap is what I meant by steering wheel, yes. I like the S snake but I still like the tiffany snake too. The old Shelby GTs (350 and 500) had a mix of the S and Tiffany snakes. The cars had the Tiffany snakes on the rear, dash, fenders, and grill but had the S snake on the horn cap (steering wheel) and other places.

The early GT 350s had the red, white, and blue Shelby Cobra on the gas cap and horn cap while it had the Pony on the dash and grill.

Mixing horses and snakes is nothing new. I would like to see more options though. I like to see all three snake logos and emblems available as SPP upgrades.

We did propose a horn cap that was pretty well received, but we couldn't have everything an once. I wouldn't be surprise if SAI first wants to see how popular the SGT cap is. You have to remember that they produce these items it large volumes (maybe a 1000 or more) to keep the prices down. Out of the 7-8K SGT owners, how many would buy a SGT cap? 100? 500? 1000? I don't know. Will they advertise it to all SGT owners? If not, most of the SGT owners may never even hear about the cap.

Now, how many would also want a horn cap? I'm in...but I wasn't going to push for it until Amy has had time to get the SGT gas cap out. Coming soon! I can't wait :happy feet:

But no matter what happens...it has been fun to suggest items to Amy....and it's an incredibly rare situation when a president of a company is willing to listen. thanks Amy.

The next step (sorry Amy, but it's the next logical request)....

SteeringWheelSHELBYGT.jpg

We also suggested the wheel cap...but SPP already has a SGT wheel cap and 4 difference caps with snake designs. I doubt we could add one more...and the existing caps would work very well.

WheelCap-Final.jpg

Here are SPP choices for wheel caps. Your choices without snakes...

letters.jpg

and with snakes...with Shelby print...

7bbf_1.jpg

or without the Shelby print, both available with dark or silver trim.

9570_12.JPG

The last item I created was the SGT snake grill emblem. This was not as well received as the gas and horn caps. Some really like the pony on the grill...similar to the 66 cars. I can't blame them. It would be very unlikely that SAI would consider this. And even I would have to admit it may be going too far...

ShelbyGrill6.jpg

There are other snake items that would go along well with the SGT cap...

CIMG4788.jpg

and

DSCN3145.jpg

There are plenty of options...I know snakes are not for everyone...but I feel the SGT are meant to be enjoyed. Have fun...make it what you want. Any one of these options could easily be reverse if needed. Just keep your original parts. Have fun. And remember to support the SGT gas cap...or I might end up buying 1000 of these things. :hysterical: Then we see what she says about the horn cap. :happy feet:

No problem Berg. Worst case scenerio you'll only have to buy 999 Gas Caps :hysterical: I was hoping they might offer a bundle but I'm in for everything except possibly the Grill Snake. Everything else looks great. Can't wait.

Jim

To answer the original question, the snake is also referred to as the "Shelby Cobra" on the old 69/70 GT 350/500 steering wheels, and the t-shirts in the SPP store.

I am interested in what the upgrade package for the SGT will be before I start spending lots of money on upgrades so I don't buy options that will later be offered as part of a package...I may not be able to hold out that long though :)

post-19063-1207893578_thumb.jpg

post-19063-1207893578_thumb.jpg

So , is the this car a Ford Mustang GT Shelby Cobra Snake ? how about the , Ford Mustang GT Shelby 500 Cobra Snake

I think there are too many Names, badges, emblems associated with the Mustang............There is an article in Mustang Enthusiast this month on page 15 entitled "From the Courts" describing the attorneys of Carroll Hall Shelby's Trust fighting the Attorneys of Shelby American Auto Club (SACC) over licensing rights to use logos , I'd say they are more intersted in defending there licensing rights than finding a fix for the Scoop...........................of course they have to live up to the warranty if the work the Scoop seriously , and that is an expenditure , but I guess the corporate leaders must think they get back more for a dollar spent in litigation of logo rights than a dollar spent on solving a manufacturing /installation /materials problem...........................they may be right but in the long run they will loose customers ..................zds

How can I get one of these gas caps (with or w/o) the supercharged option? Beautiful. This is by far the best cap/trunk lock cover I have seen (from Jerry's picture album). Shelby would sell a boatload of these if you sold them at the SPP store. It would match my soon to be autographed dash too!

post-19063-1207906237_thumb.jpg

post-19063-1207906237_thumb.jpg

Archived