TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Faux gas cap

Yes it is stuck on. I used a plastic putty knife and a hair dryer to start prying it loose. Some people have had luck using fishing line to pull it off. I was not so lucky. My 3M tape split on me and I had to spend quite a bit of time removing the rest of it from the car. There are two large pins that fit through holes that you should be able to feel from inside the trunk. You can push on these to help with the removal.

I'm looking at replacing my faux gas cap and was curious on the best way to remove the GT cap and replace it with the CS cap. It's just stuck on with double back tape isn't it? Thanks for a reply

I don't know, but maybe as your doing the job you could provide some photos for our info! I hope to put the SGT cap on mine when It becomes available.

Before youall remove the cap almost all the aftermarket and even Shelby ones are placed over the existing cap the BJ ones are center stickons and the scott drake ones are stick over inside and out mine is satin finished and was applied with double sided tape

This is true. However if anyone is removing the parts you want to use fishing line like a 20lb test and it will pull it right off with no marks.

Anyone know what the SGT/SC one will be like? For install I mean, I've seen the pics.

Just wonder if it will be the plastic insert in the center or the entire badge?

This is true. However if anyone is removing the parts you want to use fishing line like a 20lb test and it will pull it right off with no marks.

Anyone know what the SGT/SC one will be like? For install I mean, I've seen the pics.

Just wonder if it will be the plastic insert in the center or the entire badge?

I have the one in the catalog on it's way. It is a mylar emblem which has beveled edges to attach right over the GT emblem.

Archived