TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Before and after

Son,

You have it backwards. The 5GT's came out first and were for the Mustang GT and they are drone monsters at 1900 RPMs. The Sgt's have more baffles and are slightly different in sound. Don, 1badsho has had both and there is a thread floating around where he gives much detail on both. 5GT's are louder than SGT's and slightly deeper. I don't do clips, but perhaps someone with a 5gt will post. Either are what this car should come with on the 725 SS.

++1

The 5GT is the original. It is a Borla Stinger. It is 49 state legal and was designed for manual transmission Mustang GTs. They are round and say Ford on the can and Ford Racing on a rolled tip (for your enjoyment and pleasure).

SGTs are the ones that were baffled to lose the "drone".

There is a 3rd option from Ford, the oval version of the GT series. They were designed for the automatic Mustang GTs.

I have the 5GTs and there's nothing like them.

bj

MM, let me ask again. Did you change the mufflers from the ones you received with the SS upgrade??

Thanks

Im sorry Rich if I missed this question earlier. I did change the mufflers that came on the SS package. I went with FRPP mufflers. They gave me more of the sound I was looking for .

michael morris

Does the SS package upgrade the manifolds and/or x-pipe or a stock GT500? Those FFRP's sound like a strong assed Mustang should..congrats!

The SS upgrades to a cat back borla exhaust. I would have put borla mufflers back on, but they wouldnt sell me just the mufflers. I would have had to buy the complete system AGAIN. So now my mufflers tips say "ford racing" instead of "borla", but Im ok with that. I put the borla up and can always put them back on.

michael morris

The SS upgrades to a cat back borla exhaust. I would have put borla mufflers back on, but they wouldnt sell me just the mufflers. I would have had to buy the complete system AGAIN. So now my mufflers tips say "ford racing" instead of "borla", but Im ok with that. I put the borla up and can always put them back on.

michael morris

So you don't have longtubes or catted x....3"??

michael morris

Keith at Shelby Performance Parts said they would say Shelby on the SS muffler tips and Steve at Tasca thought they were blank (also unique). Based on your post they are the same Borla mufflers that can be purchased from any Borla outlet, not SS specific. Is that accurate.

Keith at Shelby Performance Parts said they would say Shelby on the SS muffler tips and Steve at Tasca thought they were blank (also unique). Based on your post they are the same Borla mufflers that can be purchased from any Borla outlet, not SS specific. Is that accurate.

They do say BORLA on them.

michael morris

Archived