TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500KR Ship Dates

So, my dealer called on the 11th of March to tell me that I was the only one on his list and they won the lottery. He'd keep me informed as he heard anything.

He hasn't heard anything, including his cost.

I'm curious if they're going to hit dealers all on the same day or ease into dealerships across the country.

If your dealer has an allocation, he will need to order it from Ford. The "open to buy" hasn't happened yet.

Amy

"open to buy"???

What do you mean by "open to buy" hasn't happened yet?

If a dealer wins allocation from the lottery they can order one. Otherwise you can't get one, period. Are you saying Ford is going to hold a few out to give dealers a shot racing to get one ordered even if they didn't win an allocation? I don't understand what you mean by "open to buy" hasn't happened yet.

No FORD does everything with ALLOCATION. I dont know how they are going to do them, but it they will be allocated.

michael morris

knowing ford the 09 's will probably go to the guys that got 2 or more 08's :censored:

when they should go to dealers that got no 08's

I would assume "open to buy" to mean when the paying customer can order color, spec and get in the Buyer's Order for the allocation......but I could be completelyl wrong since I don't sell cars or make them LOL

OPEN TO BUY MEANS WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ASSUME ANOTHER LOTTERY, OR SHOULD I SAY PRE PICKED WINNING DEALERS, A SHAME SOME DEALERS WINNING 4 ALLOCATIONS AND OTHERS GETTING NONE.

Z06 OR ZR1 ANYONE???

• 2 weeks later...

I have a KR on order which my dealer won last fall. He was notified in March to place an order with ford and received a confirming order. My order confirmed a build date by Ford of the base KR package for the week of April 7th and based upon other posts here about KRs shipped from Ford to Shelby the following week and are being assembled. The timing seems right. So there may be a queue that is planned with Shelby for production and they are working from the first allocations from last fall and then the ones released this spring.

There is a ford term for the order confirmation but I received it from him via fax once the ford received my specs. Never having done this I am speculating but the sequence makes sense since I would assume Shelby has a limit on how many KRs than can build along with the other works they do. Plus is appears from the pictures on Mustang News that they may have pre-ordered all of the components including hoods painted to match the colors from the orders.

Archived