TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Good News from State Farm!

VNMOUS1

Just got my renewal from State Farm. Not only was I surprised that my premium had dropped, I was stunned as to why! Being over 50 certainly helps, but I actually read this thing for a change and saw THIS:

THE CLAIM EXPERIENCE ON YOUR MAKE AND MODEL OF VEHICLE HAS RESULTED IN A REDUCTION TO YOUR VEHICLE RATING GROUP FOR COMPREHENSIVE AND/OR COLLISION COVERAGES.

It was the same thing for a reduction in my liability rating group for comp and collision.

I'm a happy camper. :happy feet:

I venture to say that it has something to do with the age group that has purchased GT500s and/or the way they factor into all V8 Mustangs and the resulting drop in collisions and comp claims. I'll bet the actually percentages of loss against this car has dropped dramatically once the 30+ crowd started buying them at $45,000 or more.

So, THANKS to all of us that contributed to these numbers. I'm in the 3rd largest metro in the country, drive "over 7500 miles annually" and have 100 ded on comp and 500 on collision. Premium: Less than $800.00 per year.

Good news for ALL of us!!

bj

Just got my renewal from State Farm. Not only was I surprised that my premium had dropped, I was stunned as to why! Being over 50 certainly helps, but I actually read this thing for a change and saw THIS:

THE CLAIM EXPERIENCE ON YOUR MAKE AND MODEL OF VEHICLE HAS RESULTED IN A REDUCTION TO YOUR VEHICLE RATING GROUP FOR COMPREHENSIVE AND/OR COLLISION COVERAGES.

It was the same thing for a reduction in my liability rating group for comp and collision.

I'm a happy camper. :happy feet:

I venture to say that it has something to do with the age group that has purchased GT500s and/or the way they factor into all V8 Mustangs and the resulting drop in collisions and comp claims. I'll bet the actually percentages of loss against this car has dropped dramatically once the 30+ crowd started buying them at $45,000 or more.

So, THANKS to all of us that contributed to these numbers. I'm in the 3rd largest metro in the country, drive "over 7500 miles annually" and have 100 ded on comp and 500 on collision. Premium: Less than $800.00 per year.

Good news for ALL of us!!

bj

BJ - great news. I'm State Farm also. I'll post if it effects my premium when it arrives.

HSURB

So, THANKS to all of us that contributed to these numbers.

Could that be because many of us had her wrapped in bubble and stored in garage....? :hysterical:

Could that be because many of us had her wrapped in bubble and stored in garage....? :hysterical:

:angry22:

Uh....Grabbber????? I think it's for you. Call on line 2.

bj

I was plesently surprised myself this week when I went to insure my 08 Alloy. Mind you I live in Canada and my collision Ded. is $1000 and my age is 45. One year is $1180. So with 5 months in the garage with fire and theft, I think it will be around $800 for the year. Not bad I think.

Mine is $822 a year, and I'm not 50 or over?

I'm w/ Allstate.

GO ALLSTATE.. Allstate has replacement value, because of price. Does State Farm?? :hysterical3:

And I get a Check back every six months for being a good driver

GO ALLSTATE.. Allstate has replacement value, because of price. Does State Farm?? :hysterical3:

Yes, I have market replacement value. I also have my car's mods documented with photos and part of the coverage.

Re: Allstate. It's clearly a matter of preference. You're fortunate that you're an "excellent driver" (Thank you Charlie Babbitt).

Do some looking around and see what happens to people with minimal claims and see which providers come out on top.

bj

Mine is $822 a year, and I'm not 50 or over?

I'm w/ Allstate.

They probably take into account that half helmet that you wear 24/7. :hysterical:

bj

I have Farmers, and my premium is $1052.40 per year on my Shelby.

I have:

BI 100/300

PD 50

UM 100/300 PD 50

Comprehensive 120 deductable

Collision 500 deductable

P.I.P. limit 10

This seems a little high compared to some of you guys. I have no points on my record and am 47 years old. I have asked my agent to check and see if I am getting all the discounts.

Funny thing is that I just checked the 2007 GT/CS rate, and it's $1070.80 per year. I am not sure why it is more. It could be a milage thing.

Age 41 and $870 / year which includes a keeper endorsement for the next 3 years. The insurance company will replace the car to make me 100% whole for up to 3 years, no matter what the cost. My only out of pocket expense is the deductible.

Yes, I have market replacement value. I also have my car's mods documented with photos and part of the coverage.

Re: Allstate. It's clearly a matter of preference. You're fortunate that you're an "excellent driver" (Thank you Charlie Babbitt).

Do some looking around and see what happens to people with minimal claims and see which providers come out on top.

bj

I've had 3 minimal claims over the past 10 years that scared me, but it never made my premiums go up whatsoever.

I think different companys are better depending which part of the country you are in?

I've had 3 minimal claims over the past 10 years that scared me, but it never made my premiums go up whatsoever.

I think different companys are better depending which part of the country you are in?

You would be correct. NJ has it's own rules from the rest of the country. We have Lobbyist and Lawyers with their hand in the cookie jars.

Protection is the most important. Having an Agent and staying away from 1-800 #s

I am 28 no tickets or accidents. I live in California and I have State Farm.

I have 500 deductable full coverage including uninsured motorist. My Liability is up there as well around 300 thousand. Drive around 10,000 miles a year. Gt500 is my daily driver.

I pay 850 dollars for 6 months. Everyone tells me I am getting a good rate since I live in California plus the coverage I have which includes OEM parts.

Are your guys listed as daily drivers with your policy?

USAA rocks :happy feet: My first year of ownership was $735 annually with a $100 ded on comp and $500 on collision, the only fudge is that the annual mileage is listed at 2000 miles. I got one ticket in the GT500 the first year and it raised the prem. $100 annually; I'm 43 and hadn't had a moving violation for over 6 year prior to my last one in 2006 and I've never made an accident claim.

I've been covered by USAA since I was 16, a dependant at the time and then a Veteran later on. And because USAA is owned by the policy holders, I get a dividend check every year, my check was $105 last year. I have four cars insured through them, I've financed three cars with them including the GT500 and my home owners and life insurance is with them.

If you're a Veteran of any US branch you owe it to yourself to get a quote from them.

I am 28 no tickets or accidents. I live in California and I have State Farm.

I have 500 deductable full coverage including uninsured motorist. My Liability is up there as well around 300 thousand. Drive around 10,000 miles a year. Gt500 is my daily driver.

I pay 850 dollars for 6 months. Everyone tells me I am getting a good rate since I live in California plus the coverage I have which includes OEM parts.

Are your guys listed as daily drivers with your policy?

Mine is "driven to work or school" and less than 12,000 annually. It also states that there are no "unmarried drivers under 25".

You have two things against you: 28 and California.

Move...and get older. :hysterical:

Frankly, less than 2 g's a year for what you're doing isn't that bad. I paid that when I was 18 on a Road Runner. And that was 33 years ago.

bj

I pay State Farm 686/yr for the Shelby here in Harris County TX. Full coverage but the liability limits on the car are only 25/50/25. Have an umbrella on my homeowners to cover above that to 1mil. Cheaper that way and covers more than just auto liability.

No limits on miles or vehicle use, no drivers under 25 endorsement.

State Farm is good if they will accept you, same goes for Allstate... My wife had SF on her '95 Honda Accord when we got married, her car was stolen and totaled (they caught the bums while they were driving her car, two illegals from Mexico w/no license or insurance); SF paid off on her car but raised her premium over 50% the next year and she drives like a Saint... She's now under my USAA policy.

Last time I had a claim with State Farm, they insisted on using some used parts. Even though the car was only several years old and the difference was only $100. Allstate has done the same thing. That's what happens when you live in a state where the insurance industry donates heavily to the politicians.

Last time I had a claim with State Farm, they insisted on using some used parts. Even though the car was only several years old and the difference was only $100. Allstate has done the same thing. That's what happens when you live in a state where the insurance industry donates heavily to the politicians.

You are far better off with used body parts than Taiwan or Korean import body parts.....

I really don't mind used body parts as long as they are in new and unmolested condition. I will not have non-OEM parts used.

Archived