TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Added A Bullitt To The Corral

walc

Today, I took advantage of the $1500 rebate, which was effective 4/1/08, and X-Plan ( about $50 under invoice ) to add a 2008 Mustang GT Bullitt, to my corral.

I love it!!! :happy feet:

It's too soon to know; but, I may prefer it to my Shelby GT500. Maybe, stealth suits me better? :shift:

You will love the Bullitt, my son and I took ours out last night and it now has 23 miles on it. I have to say there are a lot of critical people in the world when it comes to car handling, but for me the Bullitt for a totally stock car is one of the best I have ever driven. But.........after having the modded GT500's I keep waiting for the boost to hit!!! :hysterical: Oh ours is #898.

Thank you all. :)

# is 2678.

I like the clutch and tranny better than my GT500. The GT500 is easy ( for me ) to stall, on startup, unless I give it more gas, and the tranny seems like a longer shift.

I think the Bullitt handles very well and the overall ride seems more comfortable than my GT500.

Of course, I reserve the right to change my opinions, as I drive both cars more.

So how does the clutch and tranny feel compared to the GT500?

Can you feel the overall weight difference of the two cars when driving?

I can feel the wieght differences in my GT/CS right off the bat when I drive it. It is very agile on it's toes. It's a nice change once in a while. I just installed a JLT Cold Air Intake on it to give it better acceleration off the line. That did help, but after having the power that the GT500 has, there is a huge difference in that catogory. The stock shifter in the GT/CS is OK but the FRPP shifter in my GT500 is far nicer. I will be changing the shifter in my GT/CS at some point to upgrade it.

Both cars are very nice to drive, but they have big differences.

My local Ford store just got a Bullitt. $30k. Let me know. I rode with the tech that PDI'ed it today. Very strong. The gears must be the difference. Six miles on it.

3:73's vs 3:31's for the standard GT or 3:55's for the optional ratio.

Most of the 2008 Bullitts are Dark Highland Green; but, about 10%, of production, will be Black.

I ordered 4 of our 5 2008 Bullitts in Highland Green. The black one just arrived (#3447), and it looks so tame that it would make an awesome sleeper at a stoplight. While the green ones are tame looking, as well, at least some people will know it's a Bullitt due to the unique color.

I ordered 4 of our 5 2008 Bullitts in Highland Green. The black one just arrived (#3447), and it looks so tame that it would make an awesome sleeper at a stoplight. While the green ones are tame looking, as well, at least some people will know it's a Bullitt due to the unique color.

Nice to hear from you Five-oh!

I love the Bullitt. It would have made a perfect base for some of the mods I wanted. I am totally hooked on the torque from the blower however. If the Boss comes out with even more valves and displacement, I would consider going back to NA. The Aluminator engine looks very, very interesting. I'm wondering if the Hurricane will see the light of day or they will delay and go the twin turbo direct injection route.

Hi, Mark,

Glad to be back. I've had some incredibly busy months lately and haven't been able to post much, if at all. I have been eyeing the Saleen blower for a few months now (I really want to keep the front mounted throttle body for a stock appearance) and see that you've added one to your car! Way to go!

Nice to hear from you Five-oh!

I love the Bullitt. It would have made a perfect base for some of the mods I wanted. I am totally hooked on the torque from the blower however. If the Boss comes out with even more valves and displacement, I would consider going back to NA. The Aluminator engine looks very, very interesting. I'm wondering if the Hurricane will see the light of day or they will delay and go the twin turbo direct injection route.

Just get a Bullitt and put a blower on it!!!! :shift::dance:

Archived