TEAM SHELBY FORUM

gt-h 40 years

wahooo

There are a few threads on this if you do a search, but there are two school of thoughts on it. On the prototype GT-H car, SAI mounted the 40th badge on the trunk just above the right side tail light. Others have posted it just to the left of the right side tail light. This is where the 1966 car has the GT350 emblem. I think the emblem looks better just to the left of the right side tail light. I haven't mounted mine yet, but that is where I'm going to put mine.

As stated, this was on an earlier thread.

Someone from Shelby posted a picture of the prototype's rear with the badge on it. I measured the location based on that shot and put it on the same location on #391.

_DSF0155.jpg_DSF0155.jpgAs stated, this was on an earlier thread.

Someone from Shelby posted a picture of the prototype's rear with the badge on it. I measured the location based on that shot and put it on the same location on #391.

_DSF0155.jpg

post-10599-1207148667_thumb.jpgpost-10599-1207148667_thumb.jpgAs stated, this was on an earlier thread.

thanks alot guys rich

i went to my local sign shop and had them make up a gold vinal sticker to match the emblem and put it where the dealer sticker was- driver side above the tail light. my thought i should have put it on the passenger side left of the tail lights. try to get pictures posted soon.

just recieved my package that has my metal plate instead of the dash sticker ,i can figure were to put this ,but what about the 40 anaversary 1966-2006 plate were does that go? thanks rich

I just purchased # 275. What package are you talking about? and how do I get one?

When you register with Shelby Autos you get a package of "goodies"

Rear 40th emblem, Dash plate to replace sticker (cheap looking) a key chain with your CSM# and other stuff.

Look up some of the older topics and you'll find out about the anticipation we all suffered!

Also look up the threads on the package from Hertz. If you are the first owner after Hertz, you should be able to contact them and get the incredible file from Hertz. From them, you will get the original window sticker, invoice from Ford, delivery check list, certificate of origin, all laminated in a file for your actual car.

Once your register with Shelby, you also need to contact Adrienne at Shelby by e-mail for them to send you the package.

Also look up the threads on the package from Hertz. If you are the first owner after Hertz, you should be able to contact them and get the incredible file from Hertz. From them, you will get the original window sticker, invoice from Ford, delivery check list, certificate of origin, all laminated in a file for your actual car.

Once your register with Shelby, you also need to contact Adrienne at Shelby by e-mail for them to send you the package.

Thanks for the info guys!! I've been goose-bumpy in anticipation since I first drove it. I believe I'm first owner...only 9200 miles, but obviously have some homework to do.

just recieved my package that has my metal plate instead of the dash sticker ,i can figure were to put this ,but what about the 40 anaversary 1966-2006 plate were does that go? thanks rich

How long did it take to get the package from SAI? I've been waiting patiently since Feb.

Mike in AZ 06H0155

How long did it take to get the package from SAI? I've been waiting patiently since Feb.

Mike in AZ 06H0155

Have you e-mailed Adrienne? Once I did that, I had my packet in a couple days. Just registering on the web site will not do it.

Her e-mail is adriennep@shelbyautos.com

gth_025.JPGgth_023.JPG

i went to my local sign shop and had them make up a gold vinal sticker to match the emblem and put it where the dealer sticker was- driver side above the tail light. my thought i should have put it on the passenger side left of the tail lights.

gth_025.JPG

gth_023.JPG

• 3 months later...
post-4855-1207442022_thumb.jpgpost-4855-1207442679_thumb.jpg

i went to my local sign shop and had them make up a gold vinal sticker to match the emblem and put it where the dealer sticker was- driver side above the tail light. my thought i should have put it on the passenger side left of the tail lights.

Ohhh I love that sticker! Any thoughts on having a few more made up for your GT-H bretheren? I'm sure there are more of us that would make it worth your time!

That 40th badge is sharp. I am glad to hear there is a plaque to replace the sticker. I rented the 2007 GT-H convertible. Is the 40th badge only for the 2006 models?

i had that sticker made up from the plaque. the badge was for the 2006 car owners after you registered your car (but not to replace the sticker i had that made) it was a gift from sai. i have not heard if any 2007 owners are recieving the plaques.

thanks gene

That 40th badge is sharp. I am glad to hear there is a plaque to replace the sticker. I rented the 2007 GT-H convertible. Is the 40th badge only for the 2006 models?

That is correct. 1966 - 2006 40th anniversary.

Archived