TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grabber Orange Q400 at 7th Annual Steeda Stampede

pitpup

Dropped by Steeda.com at lunch. They have a link to their 7th Annual Steeda Stampede on October 14th. So for grins and giggles, I hit the contact email link and by golly, Austin Craig of Steeda answered me back.

My quesiton:

Your website mentions the '2007' Q400 will be at the stampede. Can you tell me if this car (or any of your other cars at the meet) will be Grabber Orange? Thank you in advance for taking my email!

Austin's response:

Hi Stan,

Yes, the 2007 Q400 is Grabber Orange and will be on hand.

Thank you for your interest in Steeda and the Stampede.

Best Regards,

Austin

Will I make it down to Florida in October? Well, I could, but odds say no. Any members here planning on going to the show? If so, can you take a bajillion pics of the Q400 in Grabbah, Grabbah?

Thank you for reading,

Stan

Update! About 30 minutes after I got Austin's first email, he followed it up with another with an attachment of the Q400. NOTE! I have color corrected it by changing the hue just a tad to reflect how the car would look right around sunset.

Steeda_Q400.jpg

Now compare the real car (above) to the mock up (below) I made a few months ago.

OrangeJ.jpg

Stan -

Yes, the Grabber Orange Q400 will be at the Stampede. I have another shot of teh Q400 at night. We have changed it up from the photo that you received from Austin. I am really looking forward to our first trip to the Stampede. Can't wait to see all my friends at Steeda.

Are you planning to attend?

John Moore

post-6561-1155857948_thumb.jpg

Stan -

Yes, the Grabber Orange Q400 will be at the Stampede. I have another shot of teh Q400 at night. We have changed it up from the photo that you received from Austin. I am really looking forward to our first trip to the Stampede. Can't wait to see all my friends at Steeda.

Are you planning to attend?

John Moore

John,

I do have family in Florida, which makes for a great excuse to take off and come down in October, but if I do, I would come down alone. The wife is now a school teacher and October has no holidays like say, November or December. So we'll see how it plays out. It doesn't look good.

My interest in this car is high as I've been imagining the sidewinder stripes since back in February when the only pics of Grabber Orange were spy photos! I ordered the car in March and picked it up 7/5. I haven't made up my mind on the hood/rear spoiler treatment, but the stripes are the nicest I've seen and fit the lines of the S197 perfectly.

Just my .02 cents. (.03 if we're taking into account inflation.)

Stan

El_Diablo_031.jpg

Archived