This one takes the cake

ShelbyFan

(Got this in an email):

Sheehy Ford of Gaithersburg

Cordially Invites You To The

Shelby Showdown Extravaganza

on

August Twenty-Ninth

A private auction for Sheehy Shelby customers only hosted by General Manager Shawn Lynes. As you well know these vehicles are a rare commodity – similar vehicles have been sold for up to $300,000. The bidding on our black coupe will start at $5000 over sticker. The winner will drive home in their brand new 2007 Shelby Mustang!! Please call Shawn for further auction details at 301-258-1015.

$1000 of the proceeds will benefit Save the Mustangs, a Ford-sponsored charity dedicated to the preservation and rescue of wild horses and burros.

Light h’ours devours will be served

Registration and reception from 6:30 – 7:30

Auction begins at 7:30

R.S.V.P. to Jessica Desmond by August 22nd by phone 301-258-1015 ext. 201 or in person if you wish to view the vehicle.

901 N Frederick Ave.

Gaithersburg, MD 20879

:wacko:

Wouldn't it be something if they only had 1 bidder and he bid the $5000 over sticker and no one out bid him?

Why do they think that they can get upwards of 300K ? The car is certainly not worth it. At other auctions for charity, they at least gave away a substantial check to the charity. A measly $1000.00. Come on now.

Greedy bastards

"Light h’ours devours will be served" Well; that and the cake... If one is going to get a meal out of it... :hysterical2: You should call and tell them youve already heard of the african prince scam and don't appreciate spam. Isn't there a federal law against spam in the States?

(Got this in an email):

The bidding on our black coupe will start at $5000 over sticker.

Nice find ShelbyFan

Yes, I'm a smart businessman. When I know of something that has sold for $300,000, I start the bid for mine at $5,000 over the MSRP of ~$41,000. (sarcasm). :huh:

Dave

$1000 of the proceeds will benefit Save the Mustangs, a Ford-sponsored charity dedicated to the preservation and rescue of wild horses and burros.

They should serve burritos as hors d'oevres (wow, that's hard to spell...did I get it right?). That way, their motto could be "Eat a burrito, save a burro." :doh:

Dave

They should serve burritos as hors d'oevres (wow, that's hard to spell...did I get it right?). That way, their motto could be "Eat a burrito, save a burro." :doh:

Dave

I just caught the Ford sponsored charity bit. To much of a rush to make a smart a__ comment on the rest :doh: I wonder if Ford might not be better off by sponsoring a charity that supports Mustang buyers instead... Thank you ShelbyFan, you have found us the one bit of dealer "news" that will define an era. Pure comedy gold here folks. :ohsnap:

I don't see what all your fuss is about. Isn't this "the way it should be" according to previous threads. Bidding starts at a reasonable ADM given market conditions, they make a nice party out of it, etc. I don't see the problem. So what if they reference $300k - the bidding starts at $5k over so who cares.

I think it's a great idea, and a classy one.

...elsewhere you don't even get a pat on the ass, much less a snack.

I don't see what all your fuss is about. Isn't this "the way it should be" according to previous threads. Bidding starts at a reasonable ADM given market conditions, they make a nice party out of it, etc. I don't see the problem. So what if they reference $300k - the bidding starts at $5k over so who cares.

Gee, whats all the hub-bub, the first one went for $600,000 at Barrett-Jackson, oh, and you got a shiny new toolbox painted to match. :wacko:

Guest evilchris

it's a freaking mustang

I would go to the auction and blurt out......."It's not RARE....There are 8000 more just like this one being built as we speak. Everyone get in line"

What a bunch of morons if they pay over sticker for this car. UGH!!!

Exactly! Maybe a whole bunch of us could go. The Customer Rights Activists Patrol (CRAP)! Out motto could be "CRAP -- we won't take any!"

And at 10% of production, there might be another 12-15K of them this year alone.

I'm suprised the dealer didn't mention that Carroll Shelby once leaned on one that was nearly identical to the one on auction. And he owns one that is nearly identical to....

Gaithersburg is just outside Washington DC and this dealer is just down the road from where I used to often stay. A lot of money in that area -- will be interesting to see just how naiive, ahem, I mean enthusiastic, the locals are; not that they won't be flying in from all over north america to snap up this GT500 at maybe $100K over.

Shaddap :)

(Got this in an email):

Cordially Invites You To The

Shelby Showdown Extravaganza

on

August Twenty-Ninth

A private auction for Sheehy Shelby customers only hosted by General Manager Shawn Lynes. As you well know these vehicles are a rare commodity – similar vehicles have been sold for up to $300,000. The bidding on our black coupe will start at $5000 over sticker. The winner will drive home in their brand new 2007 Shelby Mustang!! Please call Shawn for further auction details at 301-258-1015.

Light h’ours devours will be served

Registration and reception from 6:30 – 7:30

Auction begins at 7:30

R.S.V.P. to Jessica Desmond by August 22nd by phone 301-258-1015 ext. 201 or in person if you wish to view the vehicle.

901 N Frederick Ave.

Gaithersburg, MD 20879

for all you military guys out there.....

Whisky

Tango

Foxtrot?!?!?!?

for all you military guys out there.....

Whisky

Tango

Foxtrot?!?!?!?

Exactly! :hysterical:

Hey, Bone Doc, where ya been? Missed you in here. You probably have a good 'excuse' <lol> like fixing people! :) Did you get a build date on yours yet?

Exactly! :hysterical:

Hey, Bone Doc, where ya been? Missed you in here. You probably have a good 'excuse' <lol> like fixing people! :) Did you get a build date on yours yet?

I've been busy..... motorcycles are good for business. I will be operating on a motorcycle enthusiast in about 15 minutes! i'm still lurking on the website when i get a chance.

VIN arrived about 2 weeks ago. Build date is week of aug 28th. my dealer is small, non-svt, non-presidents, non-svt focus.... so i feel fortunate to even have a build week at this point.

Archived